Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travelling with simple DSLR equipments

Default Re: Travelling with simple DSLR equipments

Just 1 camera and 1 lens? wrap it with some cloths or towel and throw it into any bag. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Just 1 camera and 1 lens? wrap it with some cloths or towel and throw it into any bag. Done.
    Yea, I am thinking to us this method also to travel during flights and put it in my sling or shoulder bag during the trip

I travel with my d750 pair with grip n 24 120. I use a billingham 555. I carry such a big bag is bcos i put raincost and water bottle inside, also i can put whateven i purchase inside the bag.

I saved myself all these trouble lah, travelling/street use 4/3 with maybe 20mm f1.8 and a zoom. Weight just about a water bottle simple, less space than a mineral water bottle and light put in ziplog bag. Quality wise isn't too far off either.

Hi TS,

I would suggest to invest in a good bag. Depending on your personal preference, you can go for a haversack style bag or a sling messenger style bag. Each has its pros and cons.
    Haversack bag: Comfortable to carry for long hours because the weight is distributed across your shoulders. The disadvantage is of course the access to the bag/compartment when changing lens. If you are only carrying 1 lens to overseas, then this bag might suit you.

Sling bag: Easy access to change lens or take other things out of the bag such as map, water bottles, battery charger and etc. The cons I feel is that weight is distributed on 1 shoulder and across a long day, your shoulder might ache.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokka View Post
    Sling bag: Easy access to change lens or take other things out of the bag such as map, water bottles, battery charger and etc. The cons I feel is that weight is distributed on 1 shoulder and across a long day, your shoulder might ache.
    Agreed, sling bag looks nice and the usage is great. But the single shoulder strap does not work for me. Had serious headaches due to the single-sided pull on one shoulder up to the neck.
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12