• Both

12 11.32%
  • Will not buy, will rather spend it on photography

29 27.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XBox 360 vs PS3

Default Re: X Box 360 vs PS3

Quote Originally Posted by maritimus831
    not true.... it is not pre-rendered... there is only a rumour (by Xbox fans of course) that the scene is pre-rendered. since you are a xbox supporter...your view is of course biased also!
    whether the killzone scene is pre-rendered, nobody knows.... so u can't say it is pre-rendered unless u have SOLID proof!
    Wow! I'm an Xbox supporter without ever owning a console in my life!

Type "PS3 pre-rendered E3" into Google and you see tons of comments, some threads like this and a few others. Sony admitted that they were pre-rendered.

not easy to program games to PS3 than XBOX360? you must be kidding...have u read gaming industry magazines like EDGE? or PSM? developers have commented that it is easier to program games for PS3
    i quote PSM:
    "people are finding that the 360 has some stupid bottlenecks"
    "both are friendly, but the PS3 may actually be friendlier [to program software to]"
    Oh please! You expect to read anti-Sony, pro-MS articles on PSM? I might as well expect to read Canon praising Olympus! Read about how complex multi-threading for games at Ars Technica, page 4 comments by John Carmack and
    page 5 describing how PS3 is more complex

Lets put in another factor: MS has been producing programming tools even before 1980 (1975 IIRC); in fact, they started out earning money by making programming tools (not OS which would come later). They are acknowledged to be the top few if not the top programming tool builder in the software industry. Sony on the other hand, does not have the experience. Their core competency is consumer electronics. Who would have better tools for the programmers?

In any case, XBox 360 will be out in US in 7 days with 18 games. The prices are already fixed. PS3 is still unannounced for both prices and release dates, but do not expect a launch in 6 months nor less than US$449 (Blu-Ray drives are expensive).

xbox 360.... launching in US in a few days time...
    going to cost over $1k if anybody is going to buy import set.

xbox 360 available in singapore around march 06.

ps3 releasing spring 2006. halo3 will be launched in the same day....

most probably i'm going to get a import ps3, just like i've have a import ps2 now. of course have to wait until the price is more reasonable.

i've bought my PS2 for 1k... thats like long ago... dang parallel importers

Xbox not so ex, althou its the initial set, someone hand carried it back, about 800 for it...

now i think no point go chiong already, unless like before, only thing i play is consoles...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by auron
    xbox 360.... launching in US in a few days time...
    going to cost over $1k if anybody is going to buy import set.

xbox 360 available in singapore around march 06.

ps3 releasing spring 2006. halo3 will be launched in the same day....

most probably i'm going to get a import ps3, just like i've have a import ps2 now. of course have to wait until the price is more reasonable.
    Heh, if around S$1k, then kenna chopped leow. The basic set is going at US$299 = S$510, while the special pack is US$399 = S$680.

There are third party companies making programming tools for PS3 already. So I think it reduces the gap between Xbox360 and PS3 in terms of toolkit for making games.

There are also rumours that MS will not be able to meet the demand for Xbox360 for the initial launch.

There are also rumours that PS3 will not be region coded so as to support HDTV.

Oh ya, for a list of backward compatible games for Xbox360: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm

Sony has made their games and players in a way that you cannot even used it on other PS3.

Once you purchase the original game, the Blu-Ray laser will specially burn and encode on your original Blu-Ray disc game. So who else is buying PS3?

Guys another thing is about the copyright thing on Sony and SonyBMG. If you are thinking of ripping your CDs which is under the Sony and Sony/BMG label, please becareful as Sony acutually sneak in a program which is permanently place on the registry. And when you try to remove manually, your whole computer is totally screwed.

So those who has new SONY and SONY/BMG Music CDs please becareful as when you ripped on your computer, as when you are playing their music and if you are online they can detected it. Plus the program which is installed will also slow down your computer.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5926657.html

http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Sony-...d=011000CQOZKG

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    i've bought my PS2 for 1k... thats like long ago... dang parallel importers

Xbox not so ex, althou its the initial set, someone hand carried it back, about 800 for it...

now i think no point go chiong already, unless like before, only thing i play is consoles...
    Need more ppls like you to boost the retail trade..

I get my xbox and psp free, just sign contract.

Default Re: XBox 360 vs PS3

test test test.

ps3 FOR THE WIN!
    I Love You :)

i got a xbox for 1/2 year which later on exchange for a ps2 with my friend ... the only game i love playing on xbox is full spectrum warrior . As a big fans for GT series and FF i think ps3 for me if i am getting any console later on

Had to choose between a new 360 and a 350d . I chose the latter. As soon as Halo3 hits the shelves, I will buy a 360. I have been playing xbox live for more then 2 years now, with thousands of games of halo2. Even now I still like that game very much.

Never had a ps2, games on the xbox were always my favorite.....

Update: Prices for PS3s are:

US$499 / approx S$790 (@S$1.58 = US$1) - System with 20GB but no memory card support, no HDMI
    US$599 / approx S$940 - System with 60GB has memory support and HDMI

All system does not support duo-HDMI, no force-feedback but adds motion sensing for its controllers.

XBox 360 is selling NOW at US$399 / S$660...

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Update: Prices for PS3s are:

US$499 / approx S$790 (@S$1.58 = US$1) - System with 20GB but no memory card support, no HDMI
    US$599 / approx S$940 - System with 60GB has memory support and HDMI

All system does not support duo-HDMI, no force-feedback but adds motion sensing for its controllers.

XBox 360 is selling NOW at US$399 / S$660...
    unfortunately that is not the way sony will price the ps3.

taking an example of the ps2.
    its official US$150 and official $285 in singapore.

so multiplier is about 1.9

if they use the same multiplier,
    US$499 = S$948.
    US$599 = S$1138.

and with 1 game. i expect to spend $1.25k on this ps3....

anyone seen the heavenly sword gameplay on the net, the fighting damn stylish....

Initial D arcade 3 online battle for PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by auron
    unfortunately that is not the way sony will price the ps3.

taking an example of the ps2.
    its official US$150 and official $285 in singapore.

so multiplier is about 1.9

if they use the same multiplier,
    US$499 = S$948.
    US$599 = S$1138.

and with 1 game. i expect to spend $1.25k on this ps3....

anyone seen the heavenly sword gameplay on the net, the fighting damn stylish....
    Wah so ex! I thought I would do a direct price conversion least someone again accuse me of being an XBox support...

I would expect a US$100 price drop for XBox 360 on 16th Nov When that comes to SG, it would be something like S$469 (since it is S$660).

Hi guys, I have got a brand new set of Xbox 360 PRO System from Changi Airport yesterday. Sealed unopen. Willing to let go for $550. (Went to Carrefour today, they are selling the same at $660)
    Please sms me at 96990149 if interested. Thanks.

Dun be overwhelmed by the graphics...PC games' graphics can on-par or even better.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    Dun be overwhelmed by the graphics...PC games' graphics can on-par or even better.
    Yes and no. Yes, PC games can be on-par or even exceed. However, the price of the graphics card(s) to achieve this can easily exceed the price of the entire console. The main reason is that the programmer for the console knows *exactly* what the hardware is and so can optimize and tune the game for it. On a PC, the game has to work decently for systems of at least 70% of the spectrum out there. Sure, some PC games warn you to have high specs but unless the buyer is a die-hard gamer, the PC is likely to be 1-2 years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12