42 39.62%
  • Both

12 11.32%
  • Will not buy, will rather spend it on photography

29 27.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBox 360 vs PS3

Default XBox 360 vs PS3

These 2 power mama of consoles are coming....
    (its like canon vs nikon hehe...no flaming pls)

My cousin just curious why we photographer spent so much on lenses and accessories while the money can be used to buy the 2 consoles...

Hmmm just curious... when the consoles are available in the market which will u buy?

(hehe for me i won't buy... will spend $$ on lenses instead)
    Last edited by tangoninazero; 11th November 2005 at 09:57 PM.
    10-20,18-70,18-200,50,80-200,70-300

Default Re: X Box 360 vs PS3

as soon as halo 3 comes out i'll probably get the xbox 360. Also when the price comes down to 500 or less
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

if 2-3 years ago, photography is the last thing i'll ever do... i'll get both, like PS2 & Xbox... both 1st launched items... now... none... cos i dun even have time to touch either controllers...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

there is actually only one choice X360 if you intend to get on this year. PS3 is released much later.

360 for me.

But I will wait until PS3 gets released, then the 360 price will drop. Still happy with my Xbox.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quite happy with my XBox now. Got all the games I have. These dayz rarely play console oso. Would rather spend da money on either a new iPod or a PSP.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Gonna get PS3 man, cant wait for Final Fantasy on the PS3 and of coz Metal Gear Solid 4

Quote Originally Posted by kit_fisto
    Gonna get PS3 man, cant wait for Final Fantasy on the PS3 and of coz Metal Gear Solid 4
    the only 2 games which i will skip in PS3... hehehe...

after MGS2:SOL, every MGS seem to suck cos i am constantly reminded of the cliffhanger ending... and not to mention... super longwinded CGIs... like FF... just simply long.............
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

would like to see a combination of two, one machine that can play both xbox and PS games...

haha, i'll probably get both.

XBox 360 when PS3 comes out

Then PS3 a yr later

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    the only 2 games which i will skip in PS3... hehehe...

after MGS2:SOL, every MGS seem to suck cos i am constantly reminded of the cliffhanger ending... and not to mention... super longwinded CGIs... like FF... just simply long.............
    lol, ok mah, i like MGS 3, atone for wat they hav done to MGS 2....CGI in MGS 4 rocks man

Xbox supporter. but seems like this time the ps3 has taken the lead. 360 is realli abit slow this time. but the performance i dunno until i try it.. hahahahaa...

but photography equipment is more impt den playing games..

i will get the PS3 because it has alot of my favourite Final Fantasy games, Gran Turismo 4, MGS, and also...i would like to play killzone! it looked soooooo sweet at the E3 trailer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    Xbox supporter. but seems like this time the ps3 has taken the lead. 360 is realli abit slow this time. but the performance i dunno until i try it.. hahahahaa...

but photography equipment is more impt den playing games..
    Huh? There is no publicly seen actual game running on PS3; what was seen 6 months ago during *that* gaming show was all pre-rendered. The rest are all papper specs if the programmer can make use of them. And it is NOT an easy architecture to program to, even more than XBox360.

PS3 has been rumoured to launch in 6 months in Japan only, and 1 year's time in US and world wide... Xbox360 is out in less than 2 weeks time in US and before Christmas, EU and Japan IIRC. 1 year lead time in US is no joke.
    Last edited by Watcher; 14th November 2005 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maritimus831
    i will get the PS3 because it has alot of my favourite Final Fantasy games, Gran Turismo 4, MGS, and also...i would like to play killzone! it looked soooooo sweet at the E3 trailer!!!
    think next would be GT5... hehe... GT4 is out... and for wat i know, i'm not going to play another GT series as well... Burnout is more fun... BANG BANG BANG!!!

only reason i'll get PS3 over Xbox360 is that PS3 will confirm have gundam games... Xbox none... so who cares about specs anyway? and esp if one plays Super Robot War series...

I think Xbox360 will have Gundam games, so I read.

But I still prefer PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Huh? There is no publicly seen actual game running on PS3; what was seen 6 months ago during *that* gaming show was all pre-rendered. The rest are all papper specs if the programmer can make use of them. And it is NOT an easy architecture to program to, even more than XBox360.

PS3 has been rumoured to launch in 6 months in Japan only, and 1 year's time in US and world wide... Xbox360 is out in less than 2 weeks time in US and before Christmas, EU and Japan IIRC. 1 year lead time in US is no joke.
    not true.... it is not pre-rendered... there is only a rumour (by Xbox fans of course) that the scene is pre-rendered. since you are a xbox supporter...your view is of course biased also!
    whether the killzone scene is pre-rendered, nobody knows.... so u can't say it is pre-rendered unless u have SOLID proof!

not easy to program games to PS3 than XBOX360? you must be kidding...have u read gaming industry magazines like EDGE? or PSM? developers have commented that it is easier to program games for PS3
    i quote PSM:
    "people are finding that the 360 has some stupid bottlenecks"
    "both are friendly, but the PS3 may actually be friendlier [to program software to]"

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    think next would be GT5... hehe... GT4 is out... and for wat i know, i'm not going to play another GT series as well... Burnout is more fun... BANG BANG BANG!!!

only reason i'll get PS3 over Xbox360 is that PS3 will confirm have gundam games... Xbox none... so who cares about specs anyway? and esp if one plays Super Robot War series...
    i don't think it is right to say Burnout is more fun than GT5. though they are both racing games, one is all about crashing, destruction, but GT5 emulate's the real life characteristics of cars, and offers very in-depth tuning options-interesting for people who understand these stuff, but people who don't will find 'simpler' games more interesting.
    so it all depends on what u like...

PS3 using bluray technology right.....

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen
    PS3 using bluray technology right.....
    hmmm information still ver BLUR AYe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast