Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olympus Flash

Originally posted by Zerstorer

The 730UZ lacks both a hotshoe and a PC-Sync output. Thus only slave flashes can be used with it.

The only way to use those flashes mentioned with the 730UZ would be to fit them on a slave hotshoe and use the internal flash to trigger.
    730UZ does have a flash sync. but you need to buy an expensive Olympus cable to work with an external flash that supports a PC-sync input.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by togu
    Damn,

Just came back from CP, they are not carrying Vivitar and Sunpak. The Metz 32Z was selling at $200 (Best Price) and they are like

"Why don't you get the Fl-40? Easier....blah blah"
    "How much?"
    "$665 (Best Price)"
    "Wah!!!! "

Wow, think you didn't meet a friendly salesperson. The 32Z1 should be selling for ~$170. I got that quote from Cathat Photo personally. Perhaps you join in a SEED tomorrow and ask some of the regulars for help?
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

zephyr
    Guests

Originally posted by togu
    Damn,

Just came back from CP, they are not carrying Vivitar and Sunpak. The Metz 32Z was selling at $200 (Best Price) and they are like

"Why don't you get the Fl-40? Easier....blah blah"
    "How much?"
    "$665 (Best Price)"
    "Wah!!!! "

They are real nice people tho, but I just can't bear with my $600

By the way, there's another shop which was selling the Vivitar 285HV, but he was telling me that for digital cameras, I can't use the traditional 285HV. I'm confused...any clues?

Syncmaster, I can start writing about my "story" now.
    i'm selling my Metz32z-1 plus omnibounce at $130. PM me if u are interested. it's only 3months old

Originally posted by mpenza

730UZ does have a flash sync. but you need to buy an expensive Olympus cable to work with an external flash that supports a PC-sync input.
    Do you know which external flash works with the 730UZ? If lets say, I were to get the Olympus cable (AP selling i think).

Originally posted by zephyr

i'm selling my Metz32z-1 plus omnibounce at $130. PM me if u are interested. it's only 3months old
    Heh Zephyr, thanks for the offer, but I'm thinking of getting the Vivitar 285HV or the Sunpak (being brainwashed by Que and Midnight ) instead.

* togu prepares to pester Mpenza

Originally posted by Midnight
    If you don't wish to part with the cash required to get a TTL flash for your Olympus E-10, I heartily agree with the recommendation that the Vivitar 285HV and Sunpak Super 383 Auto are by far the best non-dedicated flashguns in terms of bang-for-buck and versatility. I have a Sunpak 383 myself, but they're extremely hard to find in Singapore, so I'd definitely go with the Vivitar unit if I were you. Just my two pennies' worth.
    so they have auto mode...? hm... i thought you would have to set the F yourself everytime you shoot?

Auto? TTL? No, you'll have to set it yourself. Hrm, but that's the difference between a $200 and a $600 product. At least for this Olympus camera.

By the way, I just check out the Vivitar 285HV flash at another shop (er... the one nearest to the lifts). They are selling it at $170 and the hotshoe looks nicer then the one I saw at Fotoguide. Was just wondering if this was what Que means.
    Last edited by togu; 29th October 2002 at 07:05 PM.

if you buy the cable + bracket and the Metz32z it will be about $100 + $170 = almost $300... can buy that second hand FL-40 w/ cable + bracket .... already

Originally posted by SianZronG
    if you buy the cable + bracket and the Metz32z it will be about $100 + $170 = almost $300... can buy that second hand FL-40 w/ cable + bracket .... already
    Er, I don't think togu needs the cable and bracket...

Heh, I don't think Que needs the cable and the bracket either.

O yah sorrie ar.... didn't notice his one is E-10.... but he can always sell it for soem profit liek to mi at a cheap price...

O yah sorrie ar.... didn't notice his one is E-10.... but he can always sell it for soem profit liek to mi at a cheap price...

Midnight
    Guests

so they have auto mode...? hm... i thought you would have to set the F yourself everytime you shoot?
    It's called "auto" in the sense that the flash does its own metering to decide how much light to put out for a given f-stop. But it's certainly not as fully automatic as a real TTL flash setup.

have been using the 285hv with my c4040..... after a few pictures at eye level.... you will feel that the flash is quite heavy and tiring for the left arms/shoulders.....(using with flash bracket)

the 285hv is as heavy if not heavier than my c4040...... i think E-10 is also more than 1 kg, i know E20 is definately so..... c4040 is about 300-400g only....

in total, with the E10 and vivitar285, i guess you can have a great workout too

Heh,

The E10 is 1050g (without batteries) and the 285HV is 423g (without batteries). So it's like you are carrying a more then 1.5kg gear walking around. Hrm...you are right....

* togu search around for California Fitness's Tel no.

batteries are heavy too..... more like 2kg of load you will be carrying around.......

great workout man!! at the end of the day, one additional gram will weight like a ton!!!

Wait! Que used to carry the big mama around, so I should feel lucky...

hehe I got the cb04 cable and folding bracket if anyone interested... no use for it since my olympus habis liao
    as for complaints on camera weight, wait till u buy a tripod?
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

hehe I got the cb04 cable and folding bracket if anyone interested... no use for it since my olympus habis liao
    as for complaints on camera weight, wait till u buy a tripod?
    tripod is also damn heavy..... thinking of getting manfrotto 055bpro.

why don't you need the flash bracket and CB04 any more?? out bid me in from tweek.... anyway i got my set already..... what happen to your camera??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast