Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which LCD Monitor is good for Photo Editing?

Default Re: Which LCD Monitor is good for Photo Editing?

Quote Originally Posted by destiny_star
    not too sure though.. but i've seen it at Fuwell (level 4) while i was getting my linksys compact wireless router that day. i was surprised too. Perhaps u can drop by to take a look this wkend.
    Thanks, I will try to find time to go down to SLS.

I went down to SLS, did not manage to see 970P. Most of the LCD sold are 16.2 million colors. Seems that the only 16.7m colors LCD Monitor that is available in the market is ViewSonic.

How is the build quality of Viewsonic? Is it problematic? Based on the products by ViewSonic, what is the life time of their products?

using a viewsonic for my own stuff...no prob at all...almost (not quite) as good as my CRT monitor at work, but for the price and space savings, cannot complain...only complain is the un-numbered adjustment values for the monitor...but understand that they have got it into their skulls to number them in their new high end models, so more power to them

Use the VX912 for my photoediting. I highly recommend it. Colours are crisp. the black could be blacker. but im not complaining cuz its a steal compared to the eizo.

I use a ViewSonic 20G. It's CRT-style but supposedly better type than most. Cannot remember the technical explanation as to why; however, it made sense when I bought it years ago.

Also, the monitor was calibrated w/ Monaco EZColor system. Don't ask me how. I just followed the instructions, and it worked!

Matching print output to monitor also needs printer profile. Qimage has printer profile that matched my Canon i950 printer.

Since calibrating my system (monitor, software, printer and Epson Premium Glossy paper) I get prints that match my monitor screen images. Coloration, density, etc. all match!

I struggled with experimenting w/ nearly everything I could get my hands on before calibration.

The combimation that I use works, finally, so I can concentrate on images and prints, without worrying about the technical stuff any more.

So, when trying to decide on a monitor, consider a monitor that can be calibrated.

no much experience.
    but more people say that CRT is better as displaying.
    as both CRT and LCD need a 'Spider' to correct the color, i think it really doesn't matter. keep a spider means you can make many monitors better.

As to the spider device(s) (I cannot rember the brand name), several photographers who I know have sold those and purchased the Monaco calibration device. It uses a suction cup to stick to the monitor screen. I remember seeing there was a workaround remedy for LCD screens, but I didn't read that section, since I have a CRT.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234