Thread: Fake and Rude Buyers

Default Fake and Rude Buyers

Tell : 97890069 (rude)
    Tell : 97507488 (fake)

Perhaps there is a little explaining to do.

I am selling my vest on the forums. So this guy with tell 97890069 msg-ed me to with a price. I said ok, and we decided to meet last wednesday which is 2 days ago at cityhall mrt station, 6pm. On wednesday I reached, and waited for 1/2hr before leaving. My handphone is screwed, I cant find his contact and my speaker is spoilt as well. Therefore when I reached I cldnt contact the buyer. So I waited for the buyer to contact me, which most people do when they reach the meeting location right? But after 1/2 hr I gave up and went home.

1 hr and 1/2 from 6pm then buyer contacted me and said his at burger king. I told him that I'm already at home and cant answer his calls because my hp is spoiled. He accused me of never turning up. His sms where rude, and I politely explained I waited and left, and my hp is spoiled. Why wouldnt a seller turn up if he has something to sell?

Halfway through I received a another bid higher than the first buyer, so I decided to sell to the next buyer 97507488. The first buyer was rude anyway. We decided to meet at orchard yesterday at 8. He called 1.5hrs before 8pm to confirm. However when I reached at 8, I couldnt contact the buyer, he must have switched off his handphone. This must be a prank, but I sms-ed twice and tried calling before I left 1/2hr later. (I changed to a working hp)

It saddens to see such people who are rude, and perhaps team up to "get back" at me. Who wldnt sell their wares? I have many pleasant experiences dealing in clubsnap, I've sold a couple of items (do a search on the threads I have started).

So for all of clubsnap pls take note of the numbers.
    Last edited by Einstein; 11th November 2005 at 08:29 PM.

Default Re: Fake and Rude Buyers

wahh sporeans need to learn a bit more grace. seirously. we're living in such a rich country but we're so poor in terms of civic mindedness

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    wahh sporeans need to learn a bit more grace. seirously. we're living in such a rich country but we're so poor in terms of civic mindedness
    I can't agree more ... I really don't understand why we behave like this

vince123123
    Guests

Good job in posting the numbers - finally someone who has the resolve to post identification details at the get go instead of complaining but refusing to post identities

Frankly though, I wish people wouldn't keep coming here and complaining everytime they get a botched deal(it's so Singaporean). Is it out of malice, bitterness, seeking sympathy and approval? What?? It's like washing dirty laundry in public.

Nothing personal man, it's just that I've been meaning to say this for some time and your thread happens to be the one that I voiced it on.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein
    Tell : 97890069 (rude)
    Tell : 97507488 (fake)

Perhaps there is a little explaining to do.

I am selling my vest on the forums. So this guy with tell 97890069 msg-ed me to with a price. I said ok, and we decided to meet last wednesday which is 2 days ago at cityhall mrt station, 6pm. On wednesday I reached, and waited for 1/2hr before leaving. My handphone is screwed, I cant find his contact and my speaker is spoilt as well. Therefore when I reached I cldnt contact the buyer. So I waited for the buyer to contact me, which most people do when they reach the meeting location right? But after 1/2 hr I gave up and went home.

1 hr and 1/2 from 6pm then buyer contacted me and said his at burger king. I told him that I'm already at home and cant answer his calls because my hp is spoiled. He accused me of never turning up. His sms where rude, and I politely explained I waited and left, and my hp is spoiled. Why wouldnt a seller turn up if he has something to sell?

Halfway through I received a another bid higher than the first buyer, so I decided to sell to the next buyer 97507488. The first buyer was rude anyway. We decided to meet at orchard yesterday at 8. He called 1.5hrs before 8pm to confirm. However when I reached at 8, I couldnt contact the buyer, he must have switched off his handphone. This must be a prank, but I sms-ed twice and tried calling before I left 1/2hr later. (I changed to a working hp)

It saddens to see such people who are rude, and perhaps team up to "get back" at me. Who wldnt see their waries? I have many pleasant experiences dealing in clubsnap, I've sold a couple of items (do a search on the threads I have started).

So for all of clubsnap pls take note of the numbers.
    But, seriously, how do we know you're telling the truth?

And even if you are, how would you know that what you perceive as the actual events is accurate?
    Last edited by kahheng; 11th November 2005 at 11:36 AM.

Hee Hee the funny thing is the the first number which he put up there.. actually called me up at 7:45pm on wednesday and told me that he is suppose to meet me up at cityhall on that day to buy my Canon Photovest at S$28 (Which I do not have any Canon Photovest). He got the wrong person.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

vince123123
    Guests

Ah, it appears that there's more than it meets the eye! Perhaps there was some miscommunication? Still the timing does corroborate the original poster's story.

Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    Hee Hee the funny thing is the the first number which he put up there.. actually called me up at 7:45pm on wednesday and told me that he is suppose to meet me up at cityhall on that day to buy my Canon Photovest at S$28 (Which I do not have any Canon Photovest). He got the wrong person.

I guess have to look from the other perspective too. It is very frustrating not to be able to contact someone.

Perhaps the buyer was late and wanted to inform the seller, but couldn't as the seller's hp was down. And very possibly, the buyer had been waiting for quite some time too. So he probably thought you played him out.

If have to blame something, guess it's the handphone's fault for conking out at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    I guess have to look from the other perspective too. It is very frustrating not to be able to contact someone.

Perhaps the buyer was late and wanted to inform the seller, but couldn't as the seller's hp was down. And very possibly, the buyer had been waiting for quite some time too. So he probably thought you played him out.

If have to blame something, guess it's the handphone's fault for conking out at the wrong time.
    Well, no matter what was the situation, there was no cause to send rude SMSes. Then again, SMSes often cause misunderstanding & miscommunication. The best is to call & talk directly. I guess what Melnjes said is correct, blame it on the HP for conking out.

I think all of us have our fair share of bad experiences, whether it's here, on Yahoo! Auction or eBay. It can't be helped ... Sometimes it's a simple case of miscommunication ... sometimes, we're really unlucky and we encounter 'bad eggs' or pranksters.

Whatever it is, let's just think on the positive side, and move on. I really like this forum ... though it's not perfect. I've learnt a lot here, and made/closed several deals without problems. Let's continue to make this a nice place!

Cheers to the admin!

me have the experience of waiting for someone for 1/2 hour near his workplace (which is rather inconvenient for me) and he did not turn up nor reply sms. After that I went home and PM him and he said he lost my hp no and his hp died but he was still keen. I proposed that he meet me near my workplace but he said that he cannot go there at my timing. So I went again to his workplace again. Finally the deal went thru.

Sometimes, despite our best efforts, things still happen. Blame who???

What pissed me off isnt being late or anything. I went all the way down to cityhall which isnt near my house. Choosing cityhall was because it was the centre and easy and most convient for everyone.

The first buyer said he will be there on wed 6pm. So i agreed.

Even worst there is this fake buyer. Whether they are accomplish or not I'm not sure, but still had the cheek of asking whether I'm a girl

Yes there are always 2 sides of the story. But I know what I am saying is the truth. Perhaps the buyer ( or the 2 of them ) can come out and clarify?

After the buyer's attitude I refuse to deal with him. There are other nicer people out there who needs it. Like Big belly who actually came to my block to deal but decided it was too small for him. Upz.
    Last edited by Einstein; 11th November 2005 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    We where suppose to meet at 6. Now I have an eye witness

Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    Well, no matter what was the situation, there was no cause to send rude SMSes. Then again, SMSes often cause misunderstanding & miscommunication. The best is to call & talk directly. I guess what Melnjes said is correct, blame it on the HP for conking out.

I think all of us have our fair share of bad experiences, whether it's here, on Yahoo! Auction or eBay. It can't be helped ... Sometimes it's a simple case of miscommunication ... sometimes, we're really unlucky and we encounter 'bad eggs' or pranksters.

Whatever it is, let's just think on the positive side, and move on. I really like this forum ... though it's not perfect. I've learnt a lot here, and made/closed several deals without problems. Let's continue to make this a nice place!

Cheers to the admin!
    Fully agree with you.
    But I do realised that overall, we need to learn how to act more gracefully. I'm sure everyone has some bad encounters before. But such things do happen.