Thread: Matze filters, are they any good?

Default Matze filters, are they any good?

Looking to get a CPL filter, but not sure I'm willing to invest $100 and up on one yet. One of the reasonably-priced ones I came across is Matze, which the seller claim is a high quality German brand. Not able to find much information about them online, is that a red flag? Anyone with any experience with their products?

Default Re: Matze filters, are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by wallyworld View Post
    Looking to get a CPL filter, but not sure I'm willing to invest $100 and up on one yet. One of the reasonably-priced ones I came across is Matze, which the seller claim is a high quality German brand. Not able to find much information about them online, is that a red flag? Anyone with any experience with their products?

.................................................. .Now negative review about another shop in Wan Chai Computer City, Di Gi Fi. I was already paying for Joby Gorillapod tripod and the guy started critisizing my UV filter as not a good fit for my lens. I was in rush, but was ok to get a good filter. Finally he sold me Matze HDMC UV filter 77mm for 750 HKD which is almost $100 saying many times that it's very high end made in Germany. I got it and left. Later I tried to find this manufacturer online to understand how much more I had paid and couldn't find anything about this manufacturer except its low quality web site and mentions of the brand on Alibaba.com which is Chinese ecommerce platform. Ok, Di Gi Fi sold me $100 noname (I'm sure made in China) UV filter vowing it's German made high end.

Be careful buying electronics in Hong Kong.
    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55423988

I would just go for Haida filter.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Look at the website: http://en.matzefilter.com/callus.asp
    This is a cheap English copy of an even cheaper Chinese website, including typos. While the KAL Electrooptic GmbH exists (http://optics.org/buyers/company/C000018761 - it is an optician) it seems the name 'Matze' is used to sell camera filters with some 'German smell' on it for marketing purposes.
    If you buy filters, buy proper gear. UV filters are pointless, all new camera lenses filter UV due to the lens coating. For protection get a lens hood and learn to be careful.
    EOS

Will certainly avoid this brand in that case. Actually looking for a CPL filter, I agree UV filters are quite pointless for digital work. Think I'll be going for a Hoya

Sent from my SH-01G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wallyworld View Post
    Will certainly avoid this brand in that case. Actually looking for a CPL filter, I agree UV filters are quite pointless for digital work. Think I'll be going for a Hoya

Sent from my SH-01G using Tapatalk
    Buy reputable brand. That's the only answer I can give u.

As long as u cannot find any credible info online for any brand, just avoid it

Nowadays which reputable brand doesn't have online presence?