Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Velvia 100. Is it sold in CP, or anywhere else in SG

Default Re: Velvia 100. Is it sold in CP, or anywhere else in SG

Quote Originally Posted by edlye
    Around $11 plus minus 50cents if I remember correctly.
    Whoa! Even US is selling cheaper than here. Not forgetting, hard to find some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Whoa! Even US is selling cheaper than here. Not forgetting, hard to find some more.
    Yes, the price perils of being a slider-shooter shooting on single pack rolls... Who else is keen on getting bulk rolls? Velvia 100 or Provia 400F? Maybe CP or Ruby will be keen to put in an order (their min order is like >30 cans) if we can round up some orders here.

But what abt shipment fee? Will it still be cheaper per roll compared to local market price?

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    But what abt shipment fee? Will it still be cheaper per roll compared to local market price?
    Well, you can compare the price between bhphotovideo in the US & any stores that sell this film (Fujichrome Velvia 100) here. Then you know what I mean (or not ).

Quote Originally Posted by edlye
    Yes you can give it a try, the E100VS is Kodak's take on producing 'Velvia-like' colours. My flirtation with the E100VS didn't last long though because of the availability of the Velvia 100...
    Well E100VS gives slightly towards warm colors as no warm-up filter is required. As for Velvia 100 or 100F, they tend to be more towards green in color spectrum of the light temperature so when shooting landscape for example in the morning when there's slightly more blue in the light, a warm-up filter is required.

Personally I'm still playing with these films and will like to settle on just one of them. So far I'm still happy with the results on Velvia 100F.

Well, you can compare the price between bhphotovideo in the US & any stores that sell this film (Fujichrome Velvia 100) here. Then you know what I mean (or not ).
    OK I go check them out. FYI I shoot in medium format (120). Hopefully the US price is better too.

The US shipping fee is pretty high even on a regular 10 - 14 days delivery.
    Last edited by Mezzotint; 12th November 2005 at 10:11 AM.

OK I go check them out. FYI I shoot in medium format (120). Hopefully the US price is better too.
    Provided you live there also. Just kidding. Hee....hee.... No offence dude.

Provided you live there also. Just kidding. Hee....hee.... No offence dude.
    No worries dude! Well you have relatives or friends staying there will be nice.

No worries dude! Well you have relatives or friends staying there will be nice.
    Sorry, no leh. If have, I will move to US already. Here quite stressful & less opportunities.

Sorry, no leh. If have, I will move to US already. Here quite stressful & less opportunities.
    Strongly agree with you. But we all can make our good foundations right here first before venture outwards.

Strongly agree with you. But we all can make our good foundations right here first before venture outwards.
    But you'll learn faster outside rather than here, right? Just look at almost all local talents who make a name outside first than come back here.

Blog Entries

dunno if this is of help. i just bought a roll of velvia 100F from fotohub over at beach road, premiere centre today. just oppsite the shaw towers, besides a coffee shop dat sells steam boat. they also have stocks for kodachrome.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

you may wanna try holland V. theres one shop near essential brew that may carry. i usually see T-Max there. din see if there was velvia or provia tho

I guess the best bet is if I actually go down and look. Thanks guys anyway for the info.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    Kodachrome.... wheee....

sweeet.
    Fuji...Fuji...all the way..... No offence to the other brand film user though I still love the B&W films from other brand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    Kodachrome.... wheee....

sweeet.
    actually, i more keen to try the latest series of professional fuji colour negs.

stoned - if u got problems finding slides, let me know? i shld be in town one of the days cos going to suntec. will help u get then i post to u?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    stoned - if u got problems finding slides, let me know? i shld be in town one of the days cos going to suntec. will help u get then i post to u?
    Hey thanks Sam, it's ok though I probably will have time to go down and pick up what I need so there's no need to trouble yourself. Appreciate the offer though.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12