Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Standardising shoot price, possible?

Default Re: Standardising shoot price, possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    I think some like catchlights are not only kicking and jumping, they are dancing too.
    You want to be fit and able to survive in the jungle, sure can't let someone spoon-fed you.

Btw, if client put enough money on the table, dancing no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    Food centre has the A, B, C or D label, we can have that for photographers
    what grade are you belong to?

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Something like "say no to piracy" campaign...ha ha...

Maybe CS can start a "Say No to 'Monkey' Hunter" campaign...ha ha
    The campaign has started long before this thread.

There are a number of well-meaning old birds who have on numerous occasions come out to counsel against undercutting.

We are winning the battle if there is one less monkey for the hunter to screw.

Eventually we want to see there are only the hunters but no monkey. Because they have all grown up to be a $3,000-a-wedding gorilla. And out of them there may be 5 or 6 $5,500-a-wedding King Kong.

Maybe it's time for you to watch the King Kong movie again. Many photographers have inspired by it.

lets not fall back on the typical singaporean mentality of banning this, legislating that...

forming a union etc will throw up problems of moral hazard and adverse selection....

in any profession, there are guys earning a range of $XXX to $XXXX to $XXXXX to $XXXXXX per month....let the market dictate.

like AIDS, the greatest weapon is still educating the public...

Quote Originally Posted by GitS
    lets not fall back on the typical singaporean mentality of banning this, legislating that...

forming a union etc will throw up problems of moral hazard and adverse selection....

in any profession, there are guys earning a range of $XXX to $XXXX to $XXXXX to $XXXXXX per month....let the market dictate.

like AIDS, the greatest weapon is still educating the public...
    yeah.... educate the public...more awareness = higher ability know what they are paying for....

it is interesting though that the market rate for emcees is standardised at ard 600 dollars and more for each appearance..

so photographers is??? $100 and up???

sigh...

Maybe time to get NTUC into the picture? I remember last time renovate my house (1998), got this contractor. Talk very good, sound damn pro. 1/2 way through renovating, tiles came wrong colour, ceiling did wrongly, and then someone worker's grandmother "die" and all had to go MAS for funeral.... Wasted like one whole damn week. In the end, I made them hack out the wrong colour tiles, and fix my ceiling to correct specifications.... And still reduce the bill by 10%!! (LATE work)

Just last year, my friend renovated his place using RADAC and according to him, NTUC certified contractor. Everything went smoothly for him. Didn't even have to supervise the workers. Understand from him, there was always a supervisor attached to the project. And cost? Lesser than what I paid, for similar type of work!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    Maybe time to get NTUC into the picture? I remember last time renovate my house (1998), got this contractor. Talk very good, sound damn pro. 1/2 way through renovating, tiles came wrong colour, ceiling did wrongly, and then someone worker's grandmother "die" and all had to go MAS for funeral.... Wasted like one whole damn week. In the end, I made them hack out the wrong colour tiles, and fix my ceiling to correct specifications.... And still reduce the bill by 10%!! (LATE work)

Just last year, my friend renovated his place using RADAC and according to him, NTUC certified contractor. Everything went smoothly for him. Didn't even have to supervise the workers. Understand from him, there was always a supervisor attached to the project. And cost? Lesser than what I paid, for similar type of work!!
    Don't count on it.

At a time when other retailers are paying good money for photography for their weekly retail advertisment, guess how much is NTUC paying?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

this thread became redundant... closing it to help CS save some space.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123