Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I paid brand new price for a used hard disk fr a reputated shop at SL

Default Re: I paid brand new price for a used hard disk fr a reputated shop at SL

Quote Originally Posted by home
    all PMed... never sent so PM b4 in one day...

Opened up windows folder, some files last modified date shown as '29-08-2002'.
    Where should I post the series no? Just like irage suggested, ensure it's sealed in Anti - static bag.
    What capacity is the hard disk?

Some windows system files are last modified in 2002, so nothing wrong with that. Those who are using W2k or WXP can check their own Windows folder. For the actual date of Windows installation, u might need to run Pcinfo or check the registry.

Btw, can PM me the store name too?
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Default Re: I paid brand new price for a used hard disk fr a reputated shop at SL

no need so mah fan lah, just see the folder creation date can liao wat...

btw me curious too... siang ar? biggest? dun tell me its the red background blue words 1 hor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    no need so mah fan lah, just see the folder creation date can liao wat...

btw me curious too... siang ar? biggest? dun tell me its the red background blue words 1 hor...
    A$$ Multimedia? I never buy anything from them, their items are kinda over priced.
    Last edited by icarus; 10th November 2005 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    XXX Multimedia? I never buy anything from them, their items are kinda over priced.
    eh, wait they sue u hor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Ok Shop name changed

vince123123
    Guests

If what the original poster said is accurate and true, there is totally NOTHING wrong to mention the name of the shop against you as they would not have any cauase of action against you.

We would all be grateful if you could post the name of the shop here - it would also help if they dispute your claims and refuse to change the HDD for you.

If otherwise, kindly pm me

Quote Originally Posted by redknuckles

PS: Btw, is there anything wrong with mentioning the name of the shop publicly here? I'm sure a lot of other ppl would want to know as well.

If u are speaking the truth, they can sue u, but u can win the case.
    eg the 'Peanut' incident

I only buy from storage studio, fuwell or cybermind for harddisks.

wah... sounds really bad..

would be curious to know e shop too..

or just take note of the biggest shop on lvl 4..

that shop used to have lots of smaller outlet around sls....now left only one big one right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    that shop used to have lots of smaller outlet around sls....now left only one big one right?
    It is the most kiasu shop lah. heheh still a few units and on 3 difference floors too so you can miss it!. They start out selling all the blank CDs accessories..etc. cutting all the competitions there heh..then in the last 2 yrs or so..they start muscling in on more hardware too...They are not that bad, they might have exchange the HDD with someone or use it to diagnos another system and then put it back into their inventory to sell. Wrong yes. but if you have your proof, they should be more then willing to trade one back to avoid being reported for doing this. Let's hope home got his exchange. Don't blame the shop too quickly,, for all you know it was a staff that did this. By reporting this, they might start their own investigation as to how this happen. A fat owner with a fat gold cladding rolex wife to feed? heheh you bet they will not let who ever did this get away with it or break their rice bowl heheheheheh

Demand for a change loh....

They will gladly change it for u else make some noise and they will be scare

Care to PM the shop's name? Thanks.

I think can use the HDD serial no and check with seagate site....

Went to the shop again after work, spoken to the store manager, explained to him the problem & demanded for refund. Firstly, he refused to believe what I said & rather blame Seagate for lacking of QC, hence he challenged me to contact Seagate for validation.
    I got pist-off & told him he should also play part of the responsibility & being more customer oriented.

The conversation started to heat up, and he even suspected me as the culprit of the problem. I blowed-up & told him off infront of other customer around the shop.
    Then he soften his tone & offer for 1-to-1 exchange & I rejected his offer & told him I deserve better as time & effort wasted unnecessarily.....

At last, I walked out the shop with double capacity with no extra top up.

Quote Originally Posted by irage
    Bro,

If I happened to me, I will be talking to the store manager tomorrow with the harddisk and receipt.
    Was it sealed in Anti - static bag? I believe not.

Can PM me the name of that shop?
    Just learned from other shop all Seagate hard disk manufactured locally doesn't seal in Anti - static bag.

all PMed... never sent so PM b4 in one day...

Opened up windows folder, some files last modified date shown as '29-08-2002'.
    Where should I post the series no? Just like irage suggested, ensure it's sealed in Anti - static bag.
    erm, just fyi, thats not an indication of how old the harddisk is. I have files in my XP that states last modified in 1998 (if you look in c:/windows/fonts you'll probably see that too). That being said, someone probably either tested something on the disk or perhaps it's a return by another customer.

Quote Originally Posted by wantunn
    erm, just fyi, thats not an indication of how old the harddisk is. I have files in my XP that states last modified in 1998 (if you look in c:/windows/fonts you'll probably see that too). That being said, someone probably either tested something on the disk or perhaps it's a return by another customer.

True. My Internet Explorer version 6.0 shows "Thursday, August 29, 2002, 3:41:24 AM"
    I believe all people using this version can find the same properties.

I have a Winfax installed in my office computer, its "Tuesday, February 27, 1996, 11:43:36 AM"

But for sure, the harddisk isn't brand new. Got a good deal for the exchange

At last, I walked out the shop with double capacity with no extra top up.
    Now... time to check if your "new" 160GB harddisk is a used one. Pray hard... 320GB may just come your way..

hmmm and i was juz tinking of getting another harddisk and 1gb of ram....later the ram they gimmie also used one hmmmm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast