Hi,
I thought I'd post this here because whilst I am not a photographer, I utilize my "photographic skills" I learnt from here and photo.net to create matte paintings for backgrounds and HDR images for (technical) cg lighting.

Painters and Photographers; people who truly understand how to evoke emotions from light are very suitable for work in such areas such as Matte Paintings, cg mood lighting etc. If you are interested in working in the CG field, perhaps come join the talk?

Just helping to spread the word!

http://www.asiamediafestival.com/abo...tm#animaxtion1
http://www.sac.4mg.com/

Email quote:
Hi

The event has been confirmed. It is an event organised by SAC supported by MDA. This is part of the AnimaXtion 05 Forum.

The event will be a public forum / Q&A session.

Topic is on "Getting into the industry"

I have form a panel of artists from different backgrounds to take on questions.

Games Company, Animation Studio, Post House etc

So it covers from 2d animation, 3d animation, post works, games development, TVC, TV series.

I will be the moderator to take on questions.

The objective of this forum is to help those who wants to get into the industry.

Venue: Asian Civilisation Museum (1 Empress Place)
Ngee Ann Auditorium, Basement 1

Date: 19th Nov, Sat
Time: 2 pm to 5 pm
Admission: $3 for students; $5 for public (payment can be made at the door)

Open for Public

(PLS NOTE THAT ALL FEES COLLECTED DOES NOT GO TO SAC OR ANY ARTISTS IN THE PANEL. WE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THE LOGISTIC. ANY QUESTION, PLS DIRECT TO Registration: mdaevent@adstudioworks.com)

On that day, I will be asking several questions generally concerned by most. Then we will open to the floor. So don't miss this opportunity to clear your all your doubts.

So please shoot us some questions over now, generally concerned by you. So that I can compile them and ask the panel on that day. Hope this will help everyone.

Hope to hear from you soon.

PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY AS A LOT OF EFFORT HAS BEEN PUT IN. THERE ARE LIMITED SEATS. SO DO REGISTER EARLY.