Thread: INSURANCE?!?!

Default INSURANCE?!?!

Where can I buy insurance for my camera gear and my computer? Especially when travelling.
    I've searched online but haven't found any options. I really hate the idea of being without insurance if my gear was stolen or broken.

Default Re: INSURANCE?!?!

Try insurance broker - no it will not be online sale option. Travel insurance is fine for point and shoot - if you are traveling with serious amounts of gear, well ask yourself how much are you willing to pay. Insurance companies and bookies have many similar tendencies, collect as high as possible for the bet, make as many limitations as possible and when bookie/company loses find ways not to pay.

What's the total value of your gear and notebook? Remember that they'll only reimburse the depreciated value of the insured items.

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    Try insurance broker - no it will not be online sale option. Travel insurance is fine for point and shoot - if you are traveling with serious amounts of gear, well ask yourself how much are you willing to pay. Insurance companies and bookies have many similar tendencies, collect as high as possible for the bet, make as many limitations as possible and when bookie/company loses find ways not to pay.
    u have any broker to recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    I have never bought insurance for my gears because they are all 2nd hand gears.

I added it to my home insurance with axa

Worldwide coverage on a new for old basis

I got mine from ntuc.

Especially important when you go overseas for a shoot. You never know when you going to lose equipment. Better safe then sorry.

Regards.

Johna Photography