Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

Thread: MRT: reliably consistent

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Can we propose solutions instead?

    We help them to help ourselves!
    Can...but those measures will be too drastic .....
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  2. #22
    Member tane0019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    3rd ROCK from the SUN
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Can we propose solutions instead?

    We help them to help ourselves!
    Solution is very simple -> SMRT CEO + all their CXX + all the way down to the manager level -> all their KPIs are tag to train breakdown %.
    Zero breakdown get 100% bonus, 1% breakdown get zero bonus.

    $$$ drive behavior or should I say work culture in this case.
    See if this will solve the problem.


    maybe some of LTA guys & Ministry of Transport also should have this KPI in their annual $$$ assessment package.
    Regards, EH.

  3. #23
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by tane0019 View Post
    Solution is very simple -> SMRT CEO + all their CXX + all the way down to the manager level -> all their KPIs are tag to train breakdown %.
    Zero breakdown get 100% bonus, 1% breakdown get zero bonus.

    $$$ drive behavior or should I say work culture in this case.
    See if this will solve the problem.


    maybe some of LTA guys & Ministry of Transport also should have this KPI in their annual $$$ assessment package.
    That is definitely not in line with the standard international practice of pegging a private entity's management bonus to profit.

    NEXT!!!

  4. #24
    Member tane0019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    3rd ROCK from the SUN
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    That is definitely not in line with the standard international practice of pegging a private entity's management bonus to profit.

    NEXT!!!
    The mother of all evil - privatize of SMRT.

    Then, the previous CEO also got no fault then - shareholder value profit as nos 1 KPI.
    Why then she was sent the marching order ??
    Last edited by tane0019; 27th April 2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Regards, EH.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    That is definitely not in line with the standard international practice of pegging a private entity's management bonus to profit.

    NEXT!!!
    ...... the CCB 超级白 (white) paper on population growth is the cause of all this problem .............. burn it as a sacrifice and offering to appease the spirits ..... otherwise build a new transport system .......or engage Donald Trump as CEO....and Elected President .
    Last edited by Zenten; 27th April 2016 at 06:40 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  6. #26
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ...... the CCB 超级白 (white) paper on population growth is the cause of all this problem .............. burn it as a sacrifice and offering to appease the spirits ..... otherwise build a new transport system .......or engage Donald Trump as CEO....and Elected President .
    Obviously someone will want to conveniently point a finger at migrants for SMRT's failure or failing that at the Man with Red Loincloth.

    Last edited by Sion; 28th April 2016 at 12:19 AM.

  7. #27
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Major outage. Will going nuclear help with all these power issues?
    That's like buying Norwegian oil instead of Saudi oil because your Proton breaks down...
    EOS

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    That's like buying Norwegian oil instead of Saudi oil because your Proton breaks down...
    But Norwegian oil is from the cod fish and Saudi oil is from the sand.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Obviously someone will want to conveniently point a finger at migrants for SMRT's failure or failing that at the Man with Red Loincloth.


    ...... I guess you have never been inside an MRT train before or for some time already ..............
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  10. #30
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ...... I guess you have never been inside an MRT train before or for some time already ..............
    You're right. I walk. Singapore is a small place.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You're right. I walk. Singapore is a small place.
    ......... no wonder up till now still fail to spot anyone wearing red loin cloth on the MRT ...............
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  12. #32
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ......... no wonder up till now still fail to spot anyone wearing red loin cloth on the MRT ...............
    You should be the only one in MRT wearing it.

  13. #33

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    So the solutions are:

    Hire a German

    Engage a Japanese

    Get a Italian

    and even a man from China or from UNCLE..

    Horray.. the problem solved!

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You should be the only one in MRT wearing it.
    If anyone wearing it ....they will make this new announcement ..... "If you see any suspicious-looking person or article, please inform our staff. or call 999.......Man in red loin cloth is harmless as long as the red article remains intact"..................
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    911

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    We all obviously know they have a big operations problem. We can continue to whack them but the situation will remain until they really acknowledge these issues. The fatal incident tells the public that they lack basic safety work culture.

    It's like having the attitude that's it's somebody else problem when incidents and breakdown happened.

    Maybe it's true when a friend of mine who resigned from SMRT as a maintenance crew way back in the mid 90s, said that when you pay peanuts you get monkeys. They already have issues way back in the 90s, if my friend is telling the truth then.

  16. #36
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    That is definitely not in line with the standard international practice of pegging a private entity's management bonus to profit. NEXT!!!
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobil....html?cid=fbsg

    Under all norms of the free market, their top management should be handsomely rewarded.

  17. #37

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by tane0019 View Post
    Solution is very simple -> SMRT CEO + all their CXX + all the way down to the manager level -> all their KPIs are tag to train breakdown %.
    Zero breakdown get 100% bonus, 1% breakdown get zero bonus.

    $$$ drive behavior or should I say work culture in this case.
    See if this will solve the problem.


    maybe some of LTA guys & Ministry of Transport also should have this KPI in their annual $$$ assessment package.
    So when MRT get big profit..will ppl make noise that they get too much $$$$?

  18. #38

    Default Re: MRT: reliably consistent

    Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    We all obviously know they have a big operations problem. We can continue to whack them but the situation will remain until they really acknowledge these issues. The fatal incident tells the public that they lack basic safety work culture.

    It's like having the attitude that's it's somebody else problem when incidents and breakdown happened.

    Maybe it's true when a friend of mine who resigned from SMRT as a maintenance crew way back in the mid 90s, said that when you pay peanuts you get monkeys. They already have issues way back in the 90s, if my friend is telling the truth then.
    High retrenchment for PMET... so everybody is hiring MONKEYS now!

    Wow peanut will get more expensive as we now need more peanut to feed MONKEYS!

  19. #39

    Default

    But they still comment that fare revenue is not increasing enough with cost increases .......... Sigh

  20. #40
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Here's how Putin handles it: http://parstoday.com/en/news/world-i...unch_face_jail


    Bloody dictator. Here, they would have just asked for more money.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •