Thread: Sepom Inks

Thumbs up Sepom Inks

hey guys, for the past few weeks, i have been trying to look for a CIS or cheaper inking method for my Canon printer.

Actually, 4 months ago, i bought the Continuous Inking System from INKSTATION (the one at Sim Lim Square). i was'nt too pleased with it-it was hard to set-up, with the long silicon tubes feeding ink to the cartridges. Also, it was very expensive at a price of $120.
    In fact, soon after, my printer got spoiled (most likely by the CIS), in which the print head was damaged beyond repair. i think this is because, on the original ink cartridge, there is a sponge at where the ink flows into the printer, but the one on the CIS is just a plastic that will release ink when depressed.

After that, i got the SEPOMs ink cartridge. they perform very well, and it is very easy to install! it is just like a normal canon ink cartridge, just that there is a small hole at the top for you to refill more ink in the future. after using these SEPOM ink cartridges for more than a year, i am glad to say that it has not caused any noticable damage to my printer! also, these cartridges are much cheaper than the CIS alternatives. at just 8.50 per cartridge, and $25 for two bottles of ink refil (which contain enough for about 8 refills), i find them highly economical, and would recommend them to anyone!

So, i would advise you to stay away from CIS systems, with their hard-to-install cartridges. also, they are unsightly, and u have to use them with your printer cover open
    Just my 2cents worth on cheaper inking alternatives, and also, to warn others not to risk spoiling their printers!

Default Re: Sepom Inks

but arent the CIS systems much cheaper than if u keep changing cartridges?

the SEPOM cartridges are meant to be bought just once, and then u pump in more ink when the ink has run out. so u dont keep changing cartridges. just pump in more ink

Hows the colors? Is it close to the original canon colors?

yup, i tried testing them to compare, and i can say that they are very very close.
    i'd be lying to you if i said i could tell them apart!

also, SEPOM is very easily found! at least 5 stores in funan mall sell them no more worries about whether there will be anyone selling the refills!

Sepom CIS system is very good, I would highly recommend it. It all depends on what printer you use. For Epson printer, there's not need to leave your printer exposed or whatsoever. Very good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenovo
    Sepom CIS system is very good, I would highly recommend it. It all depends on what printer you use. For Epson printer, there's not need to leave your printer exposed or whatsoever. Very good investment.
    I have used the CIS system with EPson R210. Very good, with no problems. The costs is so negliable that I dont even take the ink costs into consideration nowadays. Of course the quality of the print is not the type you get from the print centres, so I use it to print those drafts/non essential photos.