Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Prince RIP

  1. #1
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Prince RIP

    The great Prince has passed.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  2. #2

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Wow!
    He had a concert here in Perth 2 months ago!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Initial reports suggest he had fought a bad case of influenza last week. I think I once heard that Prince was an ascetic in regard to his diet...he was a bread and water only kind of fella. Literally. Maybe a combination of those factors got the best of him???

    In any case Prince was a stratospheric type of star in the music world...he is way up high on the list with the legends.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 22nd April 2016 at 07:25 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  4. #4

    Default

    Feel so sad about his death. I grew up with his music.

    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances

  5. #5
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Go listen to 'Take me with U' off of the Purple Rain soundtrack...the dude was a lyrical genius. If you were an American teenager in the 80's this was a unique omnipresent sound coming out of Minnesota...very unique. High tier master. MJ just thought he was bad!
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  6. #6
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Purple Rain..... Purple Rain....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  7. #7

    Default

    I rem that he can play any instruments. Self taught all the way since young.

    Even can play electric guitar behind his back blindfolded.

    Photography is just like music. It's an art. You need some talent to start photography.

    If got no talent, means got no talent. Give u a FF, also no use. No good photos will come out.

    In other words, a real talented photographer should be able to shoot good photos with any brand and any model.

    Be careful of those who say "I only use brand xxxxx. The rest are no good and I don't feel comfortable with them."

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I rem that he can play any instruments. Self taught all the way since young.

    Even can play electric guitar behind his back blindfolded.

    Photography is just like music. It's an art. You need some talent to start photography.

    If got no talent, means got no talent. Give u a FF, also no use. No good photos will come out.

    In other words, a real talented photographer should be able to shoot good photos with any brand and any model.

    Be careful of those who say "I only use brand xxxxx. The rest are no good and I don't feel comfortable with them."
    I learned all of this after a short time being serious about the camera...strangely enough I already knew this all along...the art part kicking in maybe. Convoluted. Cameras and guitars and the such...a little Purple Rain along the path...
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  9. #9
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,417

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Today, the doves cry ..
    EOS

  10. #10

    Default

    Rip prince......

  11. #11
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    RIP....Legends all die young

  12. #12
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Initial reports suggest he had fought a bad case of influenza last week. I think I once heard that Prince was an ascetic in regard to his diet...he was a bread and water only kind of fella. Literally. Maybe a combination of those factors got the best of him???

    In any case Prince was a stratospheric type of star in the music world...he is way up high on the list with the legends.
    Turns out that bad case of flu may have been him getting a 'save shot' for an OD.

  13. #13
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Damn too many music legends I follow have passed on in the last 6 months... David Bowie, Maurice White, Natalie Cole and Glenn Frey. These are artistes of my days... sure put some perspective to your own mortality.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Turns out that bad case of flu may have been him getting a 'save shot' for an OD.
    Heard radio caller doctor yesterday say he has seen it time and time again the problem is if they are already on the pills and get to the stage where they have had a save shot their respiratory system is critically comprised. Read extremely sick. Lots of factors in play...eg past epileptic episodes. The speculation is not looking so good and the event is just further proof America has a serious opium/pain management/prescription drug problem.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  15. #15
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: Prince RIP

    Merle Haggard is another super star one of a kind. Very close to where I live is the town made famous by Merle...Muskogee a la We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee...I would imagine he was probably arrested there...lol. Maybe Willy too...interesting note about Muskogee it has undergone quite a bit of white flight and has turned into your basic sh!thole full of drugs that make marijuana look tame. We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee we just do heroine, crank, and crack instead.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •