Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build a $10k PC?

Default Build a $10k PC?

Read in today's digital life, 1 reviewer set up a box that cost $10k, with mostly tip-top stuffs.

Frankly speaking, I'll rather build 5 x $2k box and set up a mini lan game room. Then invite friends over for a game, kakak, maybe at a minimal charges for electricity.

Your views?

Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

hmm that depends how much ROI you can get from that... some ppl derive ROI from measurbation...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Read in today's digital life, 1 reviewer set up a box that cost $10k, with mostly tip-top stuffs.

Frankly speaking, I'll rather build 5 x $2k box and set up a mini lan game room. Then invite friends over for a game, kakak, maybe at a minimal charges for electricity.

Your views?
    good choice~ ..pa Swat 4 ?

2K for comp, 8K for cameras (D200+trinity lens) and other stuffs makes better sense.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by togu

Your views?
    Hmm... Good. But wad's he gonna do with his $10K PC? Play games and **** it out by claiming that he's got a $10K PC?

Can anyone who'd read DigiTimes tell me what the heck is he planning to do with his $10K PC? Server Farm? Rendering graphics, animation & video for the next Lucasfilm movie within a Cluster?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    2K for comp, 8K for cameras (D200+trinity lens) and other stuffs makes better sense.
    nah, 6k on a monitor, 3K for a system, 500 for a pair of speakers, 100 for a mouse, 50 for a keyboard, den scrimp & save for a P&S, den do photoshop on the almost 10k system... note, almost..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    nah, 6k on a monitor, 3K for a system, 500 for a pair of speakers, 100 for a mouse, 50 for a keyboard, den scrimp & save for a P&S, den do photoshop on the almost 10k system... note, almost..
    Its overkill, even for Photoshop.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Its overkill, even for Photoshop.
    u got no idea man...

The $10K PC will be worth $8K in 3 months' time and $5K in 6 months' time.

$0 in 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hmm... Good. But wad's he gonna do with his $10K PC? Play games and **** it out by claiming that he's got a $10K PC?

Can anyone who'd read DigiTimes tell me what the heck is he planning to do with his $10K PC? Server Farm? Rendering graphics, animation & video for the next Lucasfilm movie within a Cluster?

NOt too sure, didn't read properly. I think it's meant for reviewing games.

Quote Originally Posted by ransoma22
    good choice~ ..pa Swat 4 ?

For the time being, of course pak swat4!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    $0 in 1 year?
    Wah, depreciate faster then car.

It's normal if you have SCSI plus all the other high-end stuff. I once did some planning and costing for a high end pc and came to about 11K. But that was just for the fun of it. I would rather put my money on a good cam and lens and build myself a 2 - 3k pc.

Blog Entries

2 x LCD screen already cost $9K, $10K where got enough to build dream PC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    It's normal if you have SCSI plus all the other high-end stuff. I once did some planning and costing for a high end pc and came to about 11K. But that was just for the fun of it. I would rather put my money on a good cam and lens and build myself a 2 - 3k pc.
    betul...

u know, master togu... at $10K, u can get urself a 2nd-hand 1Ds and still got money left over for a 70-200/f2.8 IS USM lens, or a really kilat PS computer.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

hehe..you guys know something? It is so easy to rationalise an item we think is over indulging and silly to pay and then there is something we personally like which we feel is really worth paying for it....even if it cost an arm and a leg. Paying for a 10K PC might be crazy to me if I am into photography but to a PC geek..they would think we are crazy to be buying a Professional Camera that cost $6,000+ for a body and an equal amount or more for a few lens...when we are not professional and have no professional need for one! heheheh.. But we do buy one!

I have a friend who enjoy riding his $300 moutain bike along East Coast and Changi Road. He thinks I am crazy to buy and ride a $7,000 hand built Klien MTB..doing the same route as he does. BUT...he has two Mercedes Benz and only he drives in the family. heheheh.

At the end of the day it is about passion for what you like. Like it enough you can go all the way ...inlcuding going overboard to sooth your ego

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    betul...

u know, master togu... at $10K, u can get urself a 2nd-hand 1Ds and still got money left over for a 70-200/f2.8 IS USM lens, or a really kilat PS computer.
    Well I think he just need to change his Ram then kilat liao.

hehehe.e.e.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    Well I think he just need to change his Ram then kilat liao.

hehehe.e.e.
    Ya lor ... cheap ram just cannot make it ...

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    hehe..you guys know something? It is so easy to rationalise an item we think is over indulging and silly to pay and then there is something we personally like which we feel is really worth paying for it....even if it cost an arm and a leg. Paying for a 10K PC might be crazy to me if I am into photography but to a PC geek..they would think we are crazy to be buying a Professional Camera that cost $6,000+ for a body and an equal amount or more for a few lens...when we are not professional and have no professional need for one! heheheh.. But we do buy one!

I have a friend who enjoy riding his $300 moutain bike along East Coast and Changi Road. He thinks I am crazy to buy and ride a $7,000 hand built Klien MTB..doing the same route as he does. BUT...he has two Mercedes Benz and only he drives in the family. heheheh.

At the end of the day it is about passion for what you like. Like it enough you can go all the way ...inlcuding going overboard to sooth your ego

as long as he/she is happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast