Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Build a $10k PC?

  1. #1

    Default Build a $10k PC?

    Read in today's digital life, 1 reviewer set up a box that cost $10k, with mostly tip-top stuffs.



    Frankly speaking, I'll rather build 5 x $2k box and set up a mini lan game room. Then invite friends over for a game, kakak, maybe at a minimal charges for electricity.

    Your views?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    hmm that depends how much ROI you can get from that... some ppl derive ROI from measurbation...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Member ransoma22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    KTV Lounge Hall
    Posts
    1,212

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Read in today's digital life, 1 reviewer set up a box that cost $10k, with mostly tip-top stuffs.



    Frankly speaking, I'll rather build 5 x $2k box and set up a mini lan game room. Then invite friends over for a game, kakak, maybe at a minimal charges for electricity.

    Your views?
    good choice~ ..pa Swat 4 ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    2K for comp, 8K for cameras (D200+trinity lens) and other stuffs makes better sense.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Read in today's digital life, 1 reviewer set up a box that cost $10k, with mostly tip-top stuffs.



    Frankly speaking, I'll rather build 5 x $2k box and set up a mini lan game room. Then invite friends over for a game, kakak, maybe at a minimal charges for electricity.

    Your views?
    Hmm... Good. But wad's he gonna do with his $10K PC? Play games and **** it out by claiming that he's got a $10K PC?

    Can anyone who'd read DigiTimes tell me what the heck is he planning to do with his $10K PC? Server Farm? Rendering graphics, animation & video for the next Lucasfilm movie within a Cluster?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    2K for comp, 8K for cameras (D200+trinity lens) and other stuffs makes better sense.
    nah, 6k on a monitor, 3K for a system, 500 for a pair of speakers, 100 for a mouse, 50 for a keyboard, den scrimp & save for a P&S, den do photoshop on the almost 10k system... note, almost..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    nah, 6k on a monitor, 3K for a system, 500 for a pair of speakers, 100 for a mouse, 50 for a keyboard, den scrimp & save for a P&S, den do photoshop on the almost 10k system... note, almost..
    Its overkill, even for Photoshop.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Its overkill, even for Photoshop.
    u got no idea man...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    The $10K PC will be worth $8K in 3 months' time and $5K in 6 months' time.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    $0 in 1 year?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hmm... Good. But wad's he gonna do with his $10K PC? Play games and **** it out by claiming that he's got a $10K PC?

    Can anyone who'd read DigiTimes tell me what the heck is he planning to do with his $10K PC? Server Farm? Rendering graphics, animation & video for the next Lucasfilm movie within a Cluster?

    NOt too sure, didn't read properly. I think it's meant for reviewing games.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by ransoma22
    good choice~ ..pa Swat 4 ?

    For the time being, of course pak swat4!!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    $0 in 1 year?
    Wah, depreciate faster then car.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    3,287

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    It's normal if you have SCSI plus all the other high-end stuff. I once did some planning and costing for a high end pc and came to about 11K. But that was just for the fun of it. I would rather put my money on a good cam and lens and build myself a 2 - 3k pc.

  15. #15
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    2 x LCD screen already cost $9K, $10K where got enough to build dream PC

  16. #16
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    It's normal if you have SCSI plus all the other high-end stuff. I once did some planning and costing for a high end pc and came to about 11K. But that was just for the fun of it. I would rather put my money on a good cam and lens and build myself a 2 - 3k pc.
    betul...

    u know, master togu... at $10K, u can get urself a 2nd-hand 1Ds and still got money left over for a 70-200/f2.8 IS USM lens, or a really kilat PS computer.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  17. #17
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    hehe..you guys know something? It is so easy to rationalise an item we think is over indulging and silly to pay and then there is something we personally like which we feel is really worth paying for it....even if it cost an arm and a leg. Paying for a 10K PC might be crazy to me if I am into photography but to a PC geek..they would think we are crazy to be buying a Professional Camera that cost $6,000+ for a body and an equal amount or more for a few lens...when we are not professional and have no professional need for one! heheheh.. But we do buy one!

    I have a friend who enjoy riding his $300 moutain bike along East Coast and Changi Road. He thinks I am crazy to buy and ride a $7,000 hand built Klien MTB..doing the same route as he does. BUT...he has two Mercedes Benz and only he drives in the family. heheheh.

    At the end of the day it is about passion for what you like. Like it enough you can go all the way ...inlcuding going overboard to sooth your ego

  18. #18

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    betul...

    u know, master togu... at $10K, u can get urself a 2nd-hand 1Ds and still got money left over for a 70-200/f2.8 IS USM lens, or a really kilat PS computer.
    Well I think he just need to change his Ram then kilat liao.

    hehehe.e.e.

  19. #19
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    Well I think he just need to change his Ram then kilat liao.

    hehehe.e.e.
    Ya lor ... cheap ram just cannot make it ...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Build a $10k PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    hehe..you guys know something? It is so easy to rationalise an item we think is over indulging and silly to pay and then there is something we personally like which we feel is really worth paying for it....even if it cost an arm and a leg. Paying for a 10K PC might be crazy to me if I am into photography but to a PC geek..they would think we are crazy to be buying a Professional Camera that cost $6,000+ for a body and an equal amount or more for a few lens...when we are not professional and have no professional need for one! heheheh.. But we do buy one!

    I have a friend who enjoy riding his $300 moutain bike along East Coast and Changi Road. He thinks I am crazy to buy and ride a $7,000 hand built Klien MTB..doing the same route as he does. BUT...he has two Mercedes Benz and only he drives in the family. heheheh.

    At the end of the day it is about passion for what you like. Like it enough you can go all the way ...inlcuding going overboard to sooth your ego


    as long as he/she is happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •