Thread: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ30

Default Re: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ30

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    u might wan to try MS color...

1030 w-gst
    256 mb
    casing
    protector

thanks~! but i might need to wait till the sitex... see got any promotion...

Hmmm the noise does look bad..
    but it doesn't look any worse than any other prosumer 8mp camera out there
    but then again...once u size it down it's not that bad..
    after all you need like a $3000 monitor to even view 3MP worth of pixels..
    which means a compression of reduction to 1/3 of its original size.. Maybe noise would look less significant?
    hmmmmmmm but ya.. the noise does look bad for a compared to a less MP camera...
    Last edited by unseen; 11th November 2005 at 11:14 PM.

Can you post a 640X480 sized photo? I know that's less than 10% of the pixels, but I'm curious to see how it looks on a screen. I don't like to pixel peep (that much), would like to appreciate the photo a bit more than the pixels.

as far as i know the fz30 has more noise than the fz20. mayb u should use photoshop to edit the pic. generally the mechine works well...

For the benefit of all, I did a resize of exanimated 1st pic @ 640x480.

I see it's sharp, at 4R prints should be great. We only see noise at the original size on the PC monitor. I even viewed the original pic on TV, no noise what so ever.

Is it now people only interested to look for noise in photography? How many among us really print bigger than 4R?

I'm beginning to piss when ppl starts to do "Pixel PeePing" - looking for noise instead of appreciating the pic.

Anyway still deciding which to get first FZ30 or KM D5D, even though said the latter in another post. Maybe from what I see of the low-light/night/indoor shots pics example taken on FZ30, this Dec get FZ30 then Jan 06 KM D5D.

Anymore night shots / indoor to share?

I have been using FZ20 for a year...found that too much noise to me at ISO200. It's really unacceptable to me. Just saw the FZ30 sample shots and it's worse than FZ20.
    Canon EOS 70D + 40D

Quote Originally Posted by donkuok
    I have been using FZ20 for a year...found that too much noise to me at ISO200. It's really unacceptable to me. Just saw the FZ30 sample shots and it's worse than FZ20.
    Have to respect that, but do you guys produce to print?

Since I lost the FZ5 yet to print the hundreds of pics I took. I did print some of my pics taken with my old Sony DC - a 2.1 Mp Cybershot back in 2001. Pics turn out unacceptable mostly due to handshake. Pics come out blurred. Never thought it would happen when I switch from a compact film camera.

Quote Originally Posted by setiardi
    Have to respect that, but do you guys produce to print?

Since I lost the FZ5 yet to print the hundreds of pics I took. I did print some of my pics taken with my old Sony DC - a 2.1 Mp Cybershot back in 2001. Pics turn out unacceptable mostly due to handshake. Pics come out blurred. Never thought it would happen when I switch from a compact film camera.
    Yes..i did print out almost hundred prints. When used ISO200, I could spot noise in 4R print, unfortunately..
    The only thing i missed for this camera was that OS 12X Zoom for constant F2.8!
    Last edited by donkuok; 20th November 2005 at 09:58 PM.
    Canon EOS 70D + 40D

Bro, if it's not of great inconvenience to you - can borrow me 1 of those noisy pics via e-mail?

Just want to see for myself, my personal quality requirement is so-so only. PM u my e-mail, pardon me if it's an inconvenience to you.

Quote Originally Posted by setiardi
    Bro, if it's not of great inconvenience to you - can borrow me 1 of those noisy pics via e-mail?

Just want to see for myself, my personal quality requirement is so-so only. PM u my e-mail, pardon me if it's an inconvenience to you.
    ISO400 - Resized to 20%

ISO400 - Cropped

when cropped, you can spot the fuzzy image and the blue and yellow noise...
    Last edited by donkuok; 20th November 2005 at 11:34 PM.
    Canon EOS 70D + 40D

here's another interesting comparison on the resolution on the image of Fz20 vs. 350D
    Original resized

FZ20 (Cropped w/o post processing)

Canon 350D (Cropped w/o post processing)
    Last edited by donkuok; 20th November 2005 at 11:52 PM.
    Canon EOS 70D + 40D

Thumbs up Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ30

Hi, guy,

S$ 1022 with GST for Lumix FZ 30 with standard package at Simlim square and can buy extra 3 years extended warranty from Panasonic.

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    Hi, guy,

S$ 1022 with GST for Lumix FZ 30 with standard package at Simlim square and can buy extra 3 years extended warranty from Panasonic.
    which shop? any freebies?? heard that the prices at SITEX is not good

comparing to bargincity...
    the freebies isnt attractive enough... boring...
    even though bargincity is selling slighty expensive then sitex... but after some caluation... the bargincity quiet a worth...

anymore FZ30 photos to see?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12