Thread: lenses....any

Default lenses....any

hey all..what good cheap lens ( within $300)...is nice to get?...can be for anything....macro, landscaping..i just wanna buy for e sake of buying haha ...cus now my kit lens aka 18-55...like no nice...cant zoom that much..etc etc...btw..lens recomended shld not be too big hor

Default Re: lenses....any

erm...i think many poeple have told you before already, 18-55 is equivalent to 28-90mm on a full frame 35mm camera. 28-90mm is a very useful range no?

don't buy for the sake of buying, cos then you'll end up selling.

but if you really do want to buy, consider getting the sigma 18-125, which can be bought for about $300 2nd hand on buy and sell. Mpenza uses the 18-125 for wedding shoots and he says its quite sharp. take note its a DC lens, which can only be used on digicams. if you have $$, go wait for the nikon 18-200.

if you want f/2.8 constant, u cant get anything for $300, unless u try to find those 2nd hand 28-70 sigma DF ASPH. it should go for around $300-$350.

you want a really good buy, get a tamron 24-135 SP. go see the KM forum, u can see for urself how sharp the lens is. hard to find 2nd hand. new its around $600.

Wah...any One Similliar To The 70-300mm Lens?...just Not So Bulky....haha:d

do u really need a telephoto? i don see how u can have a compact 300mm unless ur talking about diffractive optics by canon. not sure if nikon has. and DO lenses cost 2K+

no cheap small...cute cute one ar...btw hw much is e 18-70mm lens?...or any around that price n size??

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    hey all..what good cheap lens ( within $300)...is nice to get?...can be for anything....macro, landscaping..i just wanna buy for e sake of buying haha ...cus now my kit lens aka 18-55...like no nice...cant zoom that much..etc etc...btw..lens recomended shld not be too big hor
    IMHO... work within the limits of your current equipment/lens. Skills of the photographer is as much, if not more important, to owning equipment, for a good photographs. You could be creative in your use of the 18-55mm lens. If subject too far away, you can always move in closer. can you move around? I don't take photos sitting down and waiting for subject to move for me, unless you are talking about the landscape/sunset, which the 18mm (equivalent to 27mm) will do.

If the skills become better than what the lens can offer, then consider getting the lens you really need.

As said in my other post, the 18-55mm lens with the D50 is a good range to work with (27 - 82.5mm) for travel photography.

Exactly what kind of photographs do you usually take?

If you need longer zoom lenses, usually, they would be bigger, longer and heavier. For example, your 18-55mm weighs 210g, whereas the new Nikon 18-200mm lens weighs 510g. Of course the 2 lenses cannot be compared in terms of capability.

..sob*sob*...tot gt small small cute cuet one haha....hmm...no cuz my lens if too close to subject cant focus...so wanted a better zoom range..hw much is d70 kit lens going for?

eh...be realistic here. the D70 kit lens costs around $350. the D50 kit lens is about $150. you top up $200 blooming bucks just to get extra 15mm?

use your LEGS. walk.

...ok thanks...didnt noe so ex..haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    ...ok thanks...didnt noe so ex..haha
    i have not checked in a while, but last i remember, a 2nd hand 18-70 is around $300 - decent lense for a decent price.

another lense which is a good starter lense, and quite often a keeper is the 50f1.8 prime lense. about $170-$180... no zoom, but you get super sharp images!!

hmm ok....so how does a prime lens work huh.. ...thanks for e info anw

prime lens = no zoom. fixed focal length. usually has better colour and sharpness than zooms

hey thats kool lor....any good cheap recommendations?