Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Wedding Photographer

Default Re: The Wedding Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Miao View Post
    Does licensing photography service ever work? Who in his capacity can define what is better, good, best photo?

Example a chicken rice hawker with good picture on his signboard sell a tasteless chicken rice to you ... do u complain after you ate it and insist a refund? NO.

Its the buyer responsibility to do his homework before handing out the cash to the seller. And is the chicken rice hawker licensed ? YES.

licensing is simply require the candidates understand the all basic of his craftsmanship and be competent to do his job without any supervision, able to deliver satisfactory results to his customers consistantly, they may have to take some training or mentorship before they are given a credential.

one very good example here is get qualifications from Master Photographers Association.

although it is not compulsory for photographers to get certified, nor customers must hire a certified photographer.
    but the certified photographers will earn the recognition and respects from fellow photographers and customers.

and for the customers will know they are not hiring "an uncle Bob trying to make extra pocket money during weekends for buying some L lenses" to shoot their "Once In A Life Time Event"
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    The photographer said he spent an hour editing the photos...

Maybe he run a batch processing of auto color, auto level and auto contrast of all images. Than burn into a DVD, that take about an hour.
    1 hr for 900 still got time to do those avatar coloring .. And selective colors .... He damn fast.

the story of the love hate relationship between such brides and such photographers will never end, these brides love their pricing but love will turn to hate when their photos turn out to be very jialat.

I find both of them are co-exist, when have this type of customers, then someone to fill their needs, and when photographers offer such pricing, they will attract such customers, in short, they are the prefect match.

anyway, the bride receive some good gesture from some kind souls, a pleasant surprise and a happy ending I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    1 hr for 900 still got time to do those avatar coloring .. And selective colors .... He damn fast.
    in photoshop, there is this thing call Action, and this thing call batch processing,

create some actions
    drag some files in to different folders,
    run the batch processing,

than go down stairs lim kopi

come up and burn all into DVD

btw, do you know why some photographers like to use OMNI bounce flash through out the whole shoot even in broad daylight?

so they can have a consistent white balance for all the photos, so they can shoot in JPG and have no color correction need to be done in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I agree with your wisdom.

A wedding photographer needs to know to swim as he may be tossed into deep sea by the bride.
    Know how to swim also no use

When photographer carry so many heavy gears, they will sink to the bottom of the sea

They must carry life jacket or diving gears as standard equipment in case the bride decided to throw him into the sea
    I eats, shoots & leaves

I just saw the photographer's Facebook, Chua Siew Goh.

He explained that he gave every photo (800+) of the wedding day and dinner to the bridal shop, which in turn passed them to the couple.

He realised he should have removed the bad photos before giving to the bridal shop.

In this case, its a silly mistake by the photographer. He should have only give the good ones to the bridal shop.

I don't see any scam or cheating case here.

The stupid couple also one kind. Purposely choose the bad ones and post them online. Why don't they post the nice ones??

Its understandable that there will be many bad shots taken by any photographer, be it professional or novice.

Who dare to raise hand and say he has never taken any bad shot in paid assignment??
    Last edited by donut88; 15th April 2016 at 01:59 PM.

Blog Entries

..... 烧鹅 (Siew Goh) must have been one of the dishes at the wedding reception ...........保吃..... burp........800+ photos....... wah piang eh.....
    Last edited by Zenten; 15th April 2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Blog Entries

.........actually his hit rate quite high leh ......only 21 fotos out of 900+ fall short of expectations ...... that's why I say this chap .保吃 ......

.... Nikon should sign him up for "The Next Big Shot 3"........
    Last edited by Zenten; 15th April 2016 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    .........actually his hit rate quite high leh ......only 21 fotos out of 900+ fall short of expectations ...... that's why I say this chap .保吃 ......

.... Nikon should sign him up for "The Next Big Shot 3"........
    Dude, when I shoot weddings during the film days, shot 10 rolls means I delivered 360 photos. never shortchanged customers

unlike people nowadays, just spray and pray.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    .................................................. ...............

Who dare to raise hand and say he has never taken any bad shot in paid assignment??
    nope, even I sick still have to deliver photos

He explained that he gave every photo (800+) of the wedding day and dinner to the bridal shop, which in turn passed them to the couple.

He realised he should have removed the bad photos before giving to the bridal shop.

In this case, its a silly mistake by the photographer. He should have only give the good ones to the bridal shop.

The stupid couple also one kind. Purposely choose the bad ones and post them online. Why don't they post the nice ones??

Its understandable that there will be many bad shots taken by any photographer, be it professional or novice.

So whose fault is it and who you are trying to blame?

曹操? 诸葛亮? or Sun Wukong?

Blog Entries

Dude, when I shoot weddings during the film days, shot 10 rolls means I delivered 360 photos. never shortchanged customers

Bro, no offence but last time got no internet mah.....

Bro, no offence but last time got no internet mah.....
    even when we go into digital photography, bridal shops ask the photographers to pick 300 photos and burn into CD for the customers. (just 300, noting more, noting less)

if photographers can just dump all the photos to customers without doing any QC, he win liao lor.
    so can you imagine how the way he shoot in a wedding when his has this kind of mentality?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    So whose fault is it and who you are trying to blame?

曹操? 诸葛亮? or Sun Wukong?

是社会的错!

whats the couple REAL INTENTION when they post those un glamour shots in the first place ... think !!

Agree bro Catchlights if loaded properly will even deliver 38 per roll had tried that
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miao View Post
    whats the couple REAL INTENTION when they post those un glamour shots in the first place ... think !!

........ ............ think very hard ............ ............ Dunno ......I give up ...... You tell me..... or I cannot sleep tonight......

........ ............ think very hard ............ ............ Dunno ......I give up ...... You tell me..... or I cannot sleep tonight......
    May be they want the studio to compensate them for their "emotional damage"
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post

...... No lah .....I think she wants to have photographers engage her to do TFCD .......

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    They will blame the photographer if they get a girl baby when they want a boy baby?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast