Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Sanyo Eneloop

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    (NS9) Woodlands. Beep beep~~
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Sanyo 2700? I heard that Sanyo rechargeable is not really that great... Anyone knows exactly y?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by ekardo
    anyone using eneloop for camera and experience the slow performance?

    thinking of getting 8 and disposing my sanyo 2700...useless crap..
    wth? sanyo 2700 just came out not long ago !! it came out after eneloop !! personally i feel the 2500 is really good enough for me.. just gotta be carefull to discharge them before recharging

  3. #23

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    care to share why sanyo 2700 being crap?
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  4. #24

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    Guess eneloop is not suitable for camera....
    Some German guy in DPReview tested his Pentax *ist camera with the new Eneloop and was estastic about the performance (something like 700+ shots with flash over many days).

    I just tested my newly acquired Eneloop batteries on the Canon 420EX flash. In the tests, I noted the refresh times between firings and then took the average of 3 values. For NiMH batteries, it is 5.85 sec and for Eneloop batteries, 5.15 sec.

    Sorry, all that talk about Eneloop batteries being unsuitable for camera flash is baseless as well.

    I am glad someone has taken the effort to address this horrible self-discharge problem of NiMH batteries. When I have enough funds, I shall replace ALL my NiMH batteries with Eneloop batteries.
    Last edited by thw; 12th August 2006 at 10:06 AM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by thw
    Some German guy in DPReview tested his Pentax *ist camera with the new Eneloop and was estastic about the performance (something like 700+ shots with flash over many days).

    I just tested my newly acquired Eneloop batteries on the Canon 420EX flash. In the tests, I noted the refresh times between firings and then took the average of 3 values. For NiMH batteries, it is 5.85 sec and for Eneloop batteries, 5.15 sec.

    Sorry, all that talk about Eneloop batteries being unsuitable for camera flash is baseless as well...
    Oh, so finally the rumour is laid to rest! The eneloop is not a slow battery afterall. And price wise, it's not more expensive than the 2700mAh nimh - also around 20dlrs for 4pcs. based on powerex maha 2700mAh price.

    So looks like, my replacement batteries will be Eneloops in the future.
    Last edited by micah4; 13th August 2006 at 01:22 PM.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein
    care to share why sanyo 2700 being crap?
    the self discharge function is enough to classify it as crap..
    500D, 18-55mm, 50mm f/1.8, SIGMA 18-200mm DC OS
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilluminatil/

  7. #27

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by ekardo
    the self discharge function is enough to classify it as crap..
    er.. i think those are fakes ? to use the 2700mah batteries or any other rechargeable NiMH batteries, you have to fully charge them then use. After use, fully charge them again and store them. i read this from somewhere but forgot. the reason for doing so is to minimize the possibility of the capacity in the battery from reaching its minimum limit. meaning if ur battery minimum limit is 210mah, then if u store it, the 210mah will drop further to about 200mah which immediately threatens the ability in the capacity of the battery. meaning the next time you charge, it wont reach 2700mah anymore but instead only 2300 mah (example). then the discharge rate will be alot faster as well up. best is to recharge, store then the night before use recharge again. Eneloop is best.. i read japan has already produced 2000mah eneloop batteries. 2700mah shud be coming soon. please feel free to correct me as this article i read was very long ago before i considered getting rechargeables

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by ekardo
    the self discharge function is enough to classify it as crap..
    That's what is going on with 2500mAH Sanyo NiMH. Sanyo 2700mAH NiMH probably don't have that notorious self discharge problem. But I won't take a risk. If I need it, I will go for Powerex NiMH battery. They also have 2700mAH NiMH.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by LightStalker

    er.. i think those are fakes ? to use the 2700mah batteries or any other rechargeable NiMH batteries, you have to fully charge them then use. After use, fully charge them again and store them. i read this from somewhere but forgot. the reason for doing so is to minimize the possibility of the capacity in the battery from reaching its minimum limit. meaning if ur battery minimum limit is 210mah, then if u store it, the 210mah will drop further to about 200mah which immediately threatens the ability in the capacity of the battery. meaning the next time you charge, it wont reach 2700mah anymore but instead only 2300 mah (example). then the discharge rate will be alot faster as well up. best is to recharge, store then the night before use recharge again. Eneloop is best.. i read japan has already produced 2000mah eneloop batteries. 2700mah shud be coming soon. please feel free to correct me as this article i read was very long ago before i considered getting rechargeables
    see the trouble?
    who will have the time to charge the battery after use, and just before using??

    I giving eneloop a try now..will comment in 6 months time..haa..
    500D, 18-55mm, 50mm f/1.8, SIGMA 18-200mm DC OS
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilluminatil/

  10. #30

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by ekardo
    see the trouble?
    who will have the time to charge the battery after use, and just before using??

    I giving eneloop a try now..will comment in 6 months time..haa..
    dont think you need 6 months wat.. haha

  11. #31
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by LightStalker
    dont think you need 6 months wat.. haha
    Maybe he charge the batt to full, and don't use, and try on the 6th month to see the result???
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    (NS9) Woodlands. Beep beep~~
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    Maybe he charge the batt to full, and don't use, and try on the 6th month to see the result???
    Buy more of the batt and run real time experiment bah~~~ but no research grant given , all own pocket money... Maybe I should do a small scale one oso... Hee hee hee...

  13. #33

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    6 month becos first few uses is always not accurate mah..
    500D, 18-55mm, 50mm f/1.8, SIGMA 18-200mm DC OS
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilluminatil/

  14. #34
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by ekardo
    6 month becos first few uses is always not accurate mah..
    Just teasing you only lah....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  15. #35
    Member benbean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Upper East Coast
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by kietgnoel
    Nothing will happen, generally speaking, as NiMH batteries do not have the memory effect. However, there is a maximum number of times that a battery can be charged before it begins to lose its capacity i.e. the capacity gets lower. IIRC it's 1000 times for the eneloop.

    The refresh function has 2 uses. First, it's to condition new batteries. New batteries do not perform at their maximum capacities unless you fully discharge and charge them a few times. There are chargers that do this automatically by comparing the amount of current discharged against the previous one. The cycle is performed until there's no increase in the amount of total charge.

    The second use is similar to the first except that you do it after you have been re-charging the batteries several times without discharging them. There is a slight tendency for the batteries to not hold the maximum charge after serveral charging. However, this slight loss is small compared to new batteries.

    If you don't have a charger that can automatically do the discharge/charge cycles automatically until the maximum capacity is reached, you can manually do the cycles yourself three times - assuming your charger allows you to discharge the batteries. Usually, three times is enough.

    Discharge is the function of the charger? or battery?
    If charger, which one should I get? Thinking of getting one to refresh all my nimh batteries

  16. #36

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by benbean
    Discharge is the function of the charger? or battery?
    If charger, which one should I get? Thinking of getting one to refresh all my nimh batteries
    I am using Maha Powerex MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr Charger with Built-in Deep Battery Conditioning System. See URL http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=522

  17. #37
    Member benbean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Upper East Coast
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by gohaj
    I am using Maha Powerex MH-C801D Eight Cell 1-Hr Charger with Built-in Deep Battery Conditioning System. See URL http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product...roducts_id=522
    Is it good? Am thinking of buying the eneloop.
    Thanks.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by benbean
    Is it good? Am thinking of buying the eneloop.
    Thanks.
    So far, I have not seen it at NTUC, etc.... where to find it?? How much does it cost for both charger and the batteries?

    Anyone is aware?

    Thank you.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  19. #39
    Member benbean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Upper East Coast
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    So far, I have not seen it at NTUC, etc.... where to find it?? How much does it cost for both charger and the batteries?

    Anyone is aware?

    Thank you.
    I've seen it sold in smaller shop at Chinatown, about $16 a pair of AA.
    Didn't bargain I'm sure its cheaper somewhere else.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    卧龙岗
    Posts
    2,736

    Default Re: Sanyo Eneloop

    Eneloop?
    some shops that i seen retailing them.. the prices are fixed though
    HomeFix DIY, Courts, Best Denki

    you can try the usual camera shops and you might get a couple of dollars off?
    Halfmoon: hougang mall has a HomeFix DIY on the basement, you can take a look there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •