Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sibling rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Establishing a dynasty ? Too far fetched right now
    There is a good chance that she senses/knows some things that us mortals don't - and she can't go public on that now.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post

There is a good chance that she senses/knows some things that us mortals don't - and she can't go public on that now.
    She and hsien yang know alot that we don't know. And both not in political career due to what they know and probably disagreed with the old man

Default Re: Sibling rivalry

Dishonorable son are very strong words...

Sometimes one can know to much for one's own good. Especially if they have a big mouth.

It is puzzling to say the least but then again consider what often happens to a daughter's psychological state when they lose their father.

I wonder what mum would say about all of this?

I once read that LKY said something about his temper and possibly some regret concerning that...maybe the Dr. is a little more like her old man than she would care to admit.

At any rate it is their business...in the public eye.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 13th April 2016 at 09:55 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Sometimes one can know to much for one's own good. Especially if they have a big mouth.
    So if she aspires to be like a classical Chinese beauty she should have a small mouth?

Last edited by Sion; 13th April 2016 at 10:25 AM.

Chinese beauty is eternal sir.

Correction to my post above ^

LKY referred to his father as having a temper detrimental to the family in his opinion. In any case I imagine temperament could possibly be passed along maybe skipping a generation every now and then???

Interestingly all immediate members of LKY's family have wiki entries with one exception - the daughter. Apparently she prefers her privacy??? That would explain this whole event except that her father is not exactly a 'private' sort of topic him being one of the greatest statesman of the 20th century and all...

Interesting woman the Dr. I think I understand her better after reading this and maybe I can now sympathize with her a little bit.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 13th April 2016 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Dishonorable son are very strong words...

It is puzzling to say the least but then again consider what often happens to a daughter's psychological state when they lose their father.

I wonder what mum would say about all of this?

I once read that LKY said something about his temper and possibly some regret concerning that...maybe the Dr. is a little more like her old man than she would care to admit.

At any rate it is their business...in the public eye.

Mother already passed away years ago... before the father....

While I have no proof whatsoever and I'm not an expert in psychology... Dr Lee seems to be suffering from some emotional issue regarding the loss of her parents. When her mother was strike down with stroke... its was her and her father that was taking care of her... when the mother passed away... its was very much just her and the father at their home (beside the guards and caretakers of course)... to now very much on her own without her own family (she is unmarried)...

Whatever the reason... I still think its a internal family issue between sibling... only leak out because of the internet age where everyone got something to said... 'thinks' that everyone else must hear them said.

As of the accusation of "Establishing a dynasty"... as far as I know... non of PM's Lee children or his brother's (Lee Hsien Yang) children is in politics... while it is still possible that the children might join later (the youngest should be in the mid to late 20s)... kinda hard to establish a dynasty without start the kiddos young.

But of course... people can always think what they want... and vote how they want...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post

But of course... people can always think what they want... and vote how they want...
    ..............without too much undue influence and duress I hope .........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    ..............without too much undue influence and duress I hope .........

Anywhere you go... there will be influence and/or duress... look at the US Republican President nomination currently...

One must be pretty naive to think that everything is fair and square... when reality has proven otherwise too many times to count...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    .... the Apocalypse is at hand ................. let the good triumph over evil. ........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Anywhere you go... there will be influence and/or duress... look at the US Republican President nomination currently...

One must be pretty naive to think that everything is fair and square... when reality has proven otherwise too many times to count...
    ......You are right ......everything here is one-sided now ............

From what I can see, Dr Lee acted out of principle to respect the wishes of LKY fully who did not want to be hero-worshipped. Unfortunately, her strong views led to strong words against her brother, which is a no-win situation for both. Hope the both of them can find peace and reconciliation, which is what LKY would have wanted for his children.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12