Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Panasonic GX80/GX85/GX7 MkII

Default Re: Panasonic GX80/GX85/GX7 MkII

Quote Originally Posted by Agrivar View Post
    3Q = 3rd quarter? = July?
    yup 3rd quarter (july onwards), kind of late considering people in US already bought and started using the camera. hopefully, the info is wrong and will launch in june instead. panasonic singapore - you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by max111 View Post
    yup 3rd quarter (july onwards), kind of late considering people in US already bought and started using the camera. hopefully, the info is wrong and will launch in june instead. panasonic singapore - you listening?
    Ya. I asked as it's available in the US already!
    Panny G85+GH3|EPL5|14|20|45|14-42|12-35|14-140|35-100|Metz 50 AF-1

I'm also waiting...

You could easily get a grey market set ...

I guess it sucks that SG gets late launches for lower volume products like these (or cameras that hobbyists and enthusiasts actually want to buy), whereas the selfie screen, "beautifying soft skin mode" and tween-friendly GF8 was available all over SG shortly after it was announced.

Where to get grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    Where to get grey?
    Ebay. There are some Korean sellers who are selling w/o the kit lens at US$765 with shipping. It's the NTSC set so you can get 1080p60 slowmo

I saw one from a US seller at US$820 for kit lens and body the other day but it seems to be OOS.

Quote Originally Posted by lippy View Post
    Ebay. There are some Korean sellers who are selling w/o the kit lens at US$765 with shipping. It's the NTSC set so you can get 1080p60 slowmo I saw one from a US seller at US$820 for kit lens and body the other day but it seems to be OOS.
    thanks, but quite overpriced considering RRP US$799 for body and 12-32 lens

Just found out that this camera doesn't comes with a remote shuttle release port....
    And i'm don't think i want to use my phone as one, as wifi will kill the battery, any idea if a usb trigger might work? (http://smile.amazon.com/Multi-termin.../dp/B00L7O2AGA)

Just got an update on pricing and availability options from Panasonic Singapore.

GX85+12-32, available in black, brown and silver , 1249SGD rrp.

Available early July.

Clubsnap GX85 review is here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606449

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    Just got an update on pricing and availability options from Panasonic Singapore. GX85+12-32, available in black, brown and silver , 1249SGD rrp. Available early July. Clubsnap GX85 review is here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606449
    Not aligned to us. In US it's USD 799. That works out to be SGD 1118 (@1.4 ex rate). Sounds like Panny putting "premium" on the GX85
    Panny G85+GH3|EPL5|14|20|45|14-42|12-35|14-140|35-100|Metz 50 AF-1

Not aligned to us. In US it's USD 799. That works out to be SGD 1118 (@1.4 ex rate). Sounds like Panny putting "premium" on the GX85
    rrp mah. I would think street price to be lower. plus gst, shipping it's not much different, plus no warranty.

rrp mah. I would think street price to be lower. plus gst, shipping it's not much different, plus no warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by flanforever View Post
    Just found out that this camera doesn't comes with a remote shuttle release port....
    And i'm don't think i want to use my phone as one, as wifi will kill the battery, any idea if a usb trigger might work? (http://smile.amazon.com/Multi-termin.../dp/B00L7O2AGA)
    @wonglp any insights?

Quote Originally Posted by flanforever View Post
    @wonglp any insights?
    The remote you posted a link to, the item description states "The remote is compatible with Sony RM-VPR1 multi-terminal socket". So even without looking up anything about the camera, it's quite safe to say "No cannot". It's not a universal standard (like the flash hotshoe), sounds like it is a port proprietary to Sony, so obviously Pana cameras won't have/support it

Gadgets are generally cheaper in the US than Singapore. The $100 difference is quite similar to other products. Anyway, it is only RRP, so street price should be lower, 1.2k maybe? Also, with the promotion freebies like battery, etc., it would work out to be about the same plus you get warranty. Only issue is the timing, god knows why they ony plan to launch in July. June holiday is the time when many would travel and some of them could have bought a new camera for the trip.

with 7% gst, it's closer to $1200

Is there a hands on session for the GX85?

Does GX85 support the 240hz AF refresh like in the GH series with 12-35 and 35-100 2.8

Deregistered

interesting camera, looks enticing, waiting to try my hands on this =)

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    The remote you posted a link to, the item description states "The remote is compatible with Sony RM-VPR1 multi-terminal socket". So even without looking up anything about the camera, it's quite safe to say "No cannot". It's not a universal standard (like the flash hotshoe), sounds like it is a port proprietary to Sony, so obviously Pana cameras won't have/support it
    If I am not wrong that is an USB connector on Sony.

Well, seems like there's no way to attach hard cable remote on this camera. Will have to reconsider getting this camera already.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast