Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: ReColonelization

  1. #1
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default ReColonelization

    This is important news!

    Unless they go back to quartering fresh birds and pressure cooking them they will never be able to produce what the Colonel did. I think it is going to be like a dead cat bounce for KFC.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    3rd stone from the sun
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    @Nikonzen

    who eats KFC chlorine chicken voluntarily?

    All KFC chicken products are treated with chlorine
    and growth hormones.

    Chlorine is a halogen and very toxic.

    Bon appètit
    Last edited by Poseidon88; 5th April 2016 at 03:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon88 View Post
    @Nikonzen

    who eats KFC chlorine chicken voluntarily?

    All KFC chicken products are treated with chlorine
    and growth hormones.

    Chlorine is a halogen and very toxic.

    Bon appètit
    The chicken is not real chicken eat. It's artificial-chicken flavoured starch with colouring.

  4. #4

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon88 View Post
    @Nikonzen

    who eats KFC chlorine chicken voluntarily?

    All KFC chicken products are treated with chlorine
    and growth hormones.

    Chlorine is a halogen and very toxic.

    Bon appètit
    hmm didn't know about this .. can't find anything on this on google ... any links to share?

  5. #5

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    hmm didn't know about this .. can't find anything on this on google ... any links to share?
    CCTV report says KFC chickens are being fattened with illegal drugs

    McDonald's in US to phase out chicken injected with antibiotics
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 5th April 2016 at 11:17 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  6. #6

    Default

    These are overseas KFC.

    Don't think our KFC gets the chicken from there. Most likely our chickens come from Malaysia.

    Having said this, I bet not many of you know that KFC can keep their chicken meat up to 6 years in cold storage, and this includes Singapore KFC.

    So u might be eating 6 years old chicken meat.

    This is confirmed by a friend working in SG KFC. They have a huge cold storage warehouse. He say the frozen meat is so stale after been stored for so long

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,621

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Geezus nowadays nothing is safe to eat
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  8. #8

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Thanks for the links .... don't know what the hell goes into our food these days....
    Just read an article some days back talking about india uses alot of antibiotics to fatten their chicken....which could potentially cause a outbreak of a super bug.

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/featur...ugged-chickens
    Last edited by DSolZ; 6th April 2016 at 12:35 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,667

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Bring back Kentucky Fried Chicken.
    Start serving your chicken with fork and knife.
    Bring back that bloody salad. Your coleslaw stinks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    I am very fortunate to have one of the very very few independently family owned KFC stores in the chain. It has been in town a very long time. They do almost what they want like running a buffet all you can eat and they do not have to comply with local or national special offerings. It is the best KFC restaurant that I know of. That being said when I was a kid all of the stores were much better than they are now. The chickens were bigger. There was a lot more prep and the supply line wasn't so integrated like they are today it was more direct channels. Alas a lot of things have went away from those days.

    You see anti hormone no antibiotics free range raised organic fed crap all over the place now in USA. The problem is they have crammed to many critters into to small of cages and pens. Over population to keep up with what most recent tech can provide I think maybe.

    Like I said it is to late and to expensive to go back to the Colonel's way therefore it will never be the same and as good as it once was...ever again...except at home in your kitchen with good birds.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 6th April 2016 at 11:20 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    I am very fortunate to have one of the very very few independently family owned KFC stores in the chain. It has been in town a very long time. They do almost what they want like running a buffet all you can eat and they do not have to comply with local or national special offerings. It is the best KFC restaurant that I know of. That being said when I was a kid all of the stores were much better than they are now. The chickens were bigger. There was a lot more prep and the supply line wasn't so integrated like they are today it was more direct channels. Alas a lot of things have went away from those days.

    You see anti hormone no antibiotics free range raised organic fed crap all over the place now in USA. The problem is they have crammed to many critters into to small of cages and pens. Over population to keep up with what most recent tech can provide I think maybe.

    Like I said it is to late and to expensive to go back to the Colonel's way therefore it will never be the same and as good as it once was...ever again...except at home in your kitchen with good birds.
    Our Singapore fried chicken wings are the best:


  12. #12
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Yes I believe you. I would like to go to some of the best of the best places like this man's place...would be high on my list in a SG visit...fish and chips

    I would make a snap of a KFC...haha
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  13. #13
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,147

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Our Singapore fried chicken wings are the best:


    So True!! But then you queue for 30 minutes to buy them kekeke
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    I am very fortunate to have one of the very very few independently family owned KFC stores in the chain. It has been in town a very long time. They do almost what they want like running a buffet all you can eat and they do not have to comply with local or national special offerings. It is the best KFC restaurant that I know of. That being said when I was a kid all of the stores were much better than they are now. The chickens were bigger. There was a lot more prep and the supply line wasn't so integrated like they are today it was more direct channels. Alas a lot of things have went away from those days.

    You see anti hormone no antibiotics free range raised organic fed crap all over the place now in USA. The problem is they have crammed to many critters into to small of cages and pens. Over population to keep up with what most recent tech can provide I think maybe.

    Like I said it is to late and to expensive to go back to the Colonel's way therefore it will never be the same and as good as it once was...ever again...except at home in your kitchen with good birds.
    If u can, take a snapshot of that family run KFC for our pleasure viewing. We will be keen to see it.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    If u can, take a snapshot of that family run KFC for our pleasure viewing. We will be keen to see it.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: ReColonelization

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    If u can, take a snapshot of that family run KFC for our pleasure viewing. We will be keen to see it.
    Will do bro.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •