Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: save the lowballer's campaign

  1. #1

    Default save the lowballer's campaign

    hello all.recently i have noticed alot of sellers post warnings against lowballing.they tend to end their posts with:-lowball stay away!!..no lowballing!!will not entertain lowballers!! so on and so forth.
    poor lowballers..unwanted but exists in our modern world.i hope you guys can drop some kind words for lowballers in clubsnap.give'em some moral support.they deserve some dignity and pride.its tough being a lowballer,the art of lowballing comes with occasional cursing, condemning and looked down upon in an ever growing "graceful" society.it's like being an outcast or a wedlock child.don't you just pity them.
    i should know as sometimes i too lowball to save every penny when buying stuff.
    so kindly do your part in appreciating lowballers and keeping this forum alive with peace and harmony.
    salute!

  2. #2

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Don't understand this thread ...
    So are u a lowballer? Do you like to low ball?

    I think it is a basic courtesy to respect the seller when a seller say price is firm. If a buyer is keen to buy at the asking price then contact the seller. If the selling price is too high then do not contact the seller since he say price is firm.

    But phase like "do not low ball" .. Do help a lot ... I seldom get low ballers when I specify these phases. This is something I appreciate a lot.
    Last edited by DSolZ; 4th April 2016 at 07:33 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Sellers set prices so high that even lowballers won't attempt to lb ......
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  4. #4
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Lowballers ask for it.....to be treated that way

  5. #5

    Default

    I think it is okay to ask for lower price. If no deal, then reject politely or don't reply. Don't need to be rude. It reflects on yourself.

    On the other hand, some seller quote high and unreasonable prices, eg higher that shop price. Should we post our comments?

    We can always use other wording like price is firm or non-negotiable.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by lkf73 View Post
    On the other hand, some seller quote high and unreasonable prices, eg higher that shop price. Should we post our comments?
    Please post your comment that you don't deal with high ballers.

  7. #7

    Default

    Haha. Like to. But then sure get slam for spoiling market. If not buying, stay away.

  8. #8

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by lkf73 View Post
    I think it is okay to ask for lower price. If no deal, then reject politely or don't reply. Don't need to be rude. It reflects on yourself.

    On the other hand, some seller quote high and unreasonable prices, eg higher that shop price. Should we post our comments?

    We can always use other wording like price is firm or non-negotiable.
    3 hip hip hoorah for you my friend!!

  9. #9

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    Don't understand this thread ...
    So are u a lowballer? Do you like to low ball?

    I think it is a basic courtesy to respect the seller when a seller say price is firm. If a buyer is keen to buy at the asking price then contact the seller. If the selling price is too high then do not contact the seller since he say price is firm.

    But phase like "do not low ball" .. Do help a lot ... I seldom get low ballers when I specify these phases. This is something I appreciate a lot.
    nah,,just saying lowballers should be appreciated for their bravery.cheers mate!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by lkf73 View Post
    Haha. Like to. But then sure get slam for spoiling market. If not buying, stay away.
    No worry. Tell them to keep their cameras for another 50 years and sell them at a higher price as antiques.

  11. #11

    Default

    While its at stage of making enquires, its OK to ask for lower price.

    Its those B@stards who pretend to agree to the seller's price, then meet up, and try to lowball on the spot. This is very unprofessional. They r hoping that the seller will give in due to time wastage and desperation. Very ungentleman.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,793
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    While its at stage of making enquires, its OK to ask for lower price.

    Its those B@stards who pretend to agree to the seller's price, then meet up, and try to lowball on the spot. This is very unprofessional. They r hoping that the seller will give in due to time wastage and desperation. Very ungentleman.
    I kena once with such a gentlemanly b@stard too when I was letting go of my Oly EM1........ wolf in sheep's clothing ......... hard to forget and you know who you are ...... you slimeball ........ #@^%&###@!!!!>"&%!!!
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  13. #13

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by lkf73 View Post
    I think it is okay to ask for lower price. If no deal, then reject politely or don't reply. Don't need to be rude. It reflects on yourself.
    It's okay to ask for lower price, but it's also okay to specify 'no lowballers' right? Saves both parties the trouble. Lowballers know who they don't need to waste time asking, sellers don't need to entertain lowballers. Win-win.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    I always welcome lowballers. I would gladly accept your ridiculous offer and arrange for a meet. Now whether I turn up or not is a completely different story. You've been warned.....

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    While its at stage of making enquires, its OK to ask for lower price.

    Its those B@stards who pretend to agree to the seller's price, then meet up, and try to lowball on the spot. This is very unprofessional. They r hoping that the seller will give in due to time wastage and desperation. Very ungentleman.
    yap, damn annoying. was going to withdraw the sale.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Woodlands in the North
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    So how do people label low ballers? Is there a percentage threshold or some unwritten rule?

    And what is really reasonable to bargain for a good price? 10%-15%? Or $20-$50 off asking price?

    Firm or not nego should be pretty clear, and not enough people actually use such terms.

  17. #17

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I always welcome lowballers. I would gladly accept your ridiculous offer and arrange for a meet. Now whether I turn up or not is a completely different story. You've been warned.....
    Well done!

  18. #18

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesubm6 View Post
    So how do people label low ballers? Is there a percentage threshold or some unwritten rule?

    And what is really reasonable to bargain for a good price? 10%-15%? Or $20-$50 off asking price?
    For something as subjective as this, everyone has their own threshold/interpretation.
    Hence, the usefulness of spelling out what to expect to set expectations right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesubm6 View Post
    Firm or not nego should be pretty clear, and not enough people actually use such terms.
    That's what I thought but you'll be surprised. I've used "Price is fixed, non-negotiable" in the past but lowballers seem to be blind to these phrases, so end up it's best to state it clearly via "No lowballers".
    Last edited by kandinsky; 5th April 2016 at 03:44 PM.

  19. #19
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: save the lowballer's campaign

    Ok, I will use size 7 font plus bold on my buy and sell threads from now on.

    lowballers keep out!!
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  20. #20

    Default

    Sometimes some ppl try their luck. As long as its at the enquiry stage, its OK. No need to reply to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •