Thread: Printer Woes: ORINK ink and other Non Genuine Inks

Default Printer Woes: ORINK ink and other Non Genuine Inks

Ever since I started using ORINK (ORink retails in SLS, 4th floor) on my Epson CX 4500, the megenta inkhead clogged up and even after expending an ENTIRE tank of ink to clean it, it's still clogged!

In Aug, this guy, Edward, from the company promised me a cleaning solution to unclog the printhead, but i have yet to receive word from him!
    Right now, i quite pissed and disillusioned with ORink

Have sent my printer to Epson for servicing, and somehow they know I was using non-genuine ink (though i didn't confess).

Question is, anyone experienced the same prob as me from this ORINK or any other non-genuine ink comapanies (Sepom, InkStation etc)???

Default Re: Printer Woes: ORINK ink and other Non Genuine Inks

I just started using Inkstation. Upon installation, my Magenta and Yellow refused to print. But their customer service wasn't too bad. I brought it back and they tried to fix the problem for me. Unfortunately, they somehow ended up jamming the 3rd party cartridge in my printer and they had to send it into Canon for repair. In the end, they absorbed the repair costs and fixed everything. The only thing I was a bit sore about was that before I brought the printer in, I'd wasted almost half my black ink tank cleaning the inkhead, and they didn't want to top it up for me after all the trouble I had caused.

The moral of the story is that you get more peace of mind using original inks, and actually I think I'd have preferred avoiding all the trouble to begin with.

Anyway in your case, is your 3rd party ink one of those with an external ink tank? If so, the problem may not be the ink head but a faulty tube or feeding mechanism for the ink. That was the problem in my case I think. You can check by reinstalling the original Epson cartridges to see if they will print. If they print then it's not the printhead but the 3rd party ink.

using a 3rd party ink (Orange),
    near the esculator from 1st fl SLS.
    $19 for a pack of 8 carts(3 black),
    very close to epson original's colour.
    no complain and would recommend it to all.

jude

Am using inkstation for my rx510
    happy with it ..

Quote Originally Posted by plato
    I just started using Inkstation. Upon installation, my Magenta and Yellow refused to print. But their customer service wasn't too bad. I brought it back and they tried to fix the problem for me. Unfortunately, they somehow ended up jamming the 3rd party cartridge in my printer and they had to send it into Canon for repair. In the end, they absorbed the repair costs and fixed everything. The only thing I was a bit sore about was that before I brought the printer in, I'd wasted almost half my black ink tank cleaning the inkhead, and they didn't want to top it up for me after all the trouble I had caused.

The moral of the story is that you get more peace of mind using original inks, and actually I think I'd have preferred avoiding all the trouble to begin with.

Anyway in your case, is your 3rd party ink one of those with an external ink tank? If so, the problem may not be the ink head but a faulty tube or feeding mechanism for the ink. That was the problem in my case I think. You can check by reinstalling the original Epson cartridges to see if they will print. If they print then it's not the printhead but the 3rd party ink.
    My Orink are of those indv ink tanks. 4 colors. Maybe with new Epson printers, Epson has created some software in the new printers to detect non-genuine ink and hence make the printer malfunction with it? Conspiracy theory!

Quote Originally Posted by plato

Inkstation +1