Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2641464950515253566176 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1973

Thread: Sentosa Thread XXXI (31) - alechim 30:187 "..its 8fps (8 fries per sec)"

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXXI (31) - alechim 30:187 "..its 8fps (8 fries per sec)"

FB is in ...

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XXXI (31) - alechim 30:187 "..its 8fps (8 fries per sec)"

Hmmmmm...slow morning and finally crawled out from my pile of work. Only 1 page of posts...all must be busy at work except for Nikonking who is preparing his Japan XMM fotos for us to drool.

Diving back into my pile of work *pOOf*
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by furball
    FB is in
    ME too.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    ME too.
    LOL...
    FB is around hor....

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    LOL...
    FB is around hor....
    Huh??

ME too.
    Hi,

Can I find out more about hokkaido from you g***? going around christmas time for 2 weeks

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    Hi,

Can I find out more about hokkaido from you g***? going around christmas time for 2 weeks
    Who G***? Nikonsian around???

Hi,

WaH!!! Another PRO going ji-poon......

Who G***? Nikonsian around???
    okie okie serious espn~ need some shopping, weather, walk around etc advice from you~

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    WaH!!! Another PRO going ji-poon......
    erh who ar scanner is the "you ru qi ming" de PRO okie~ Hail to scanner!

Deregistered

okie okie serious espn~ need some shopping, weather, walk around etc advice from you~
    Shopping? Things aren't cheap there leh, sure you want to go shopping???

If you're going to Hokkaido, can stop at New Chitose Airport, buy the JR Rail Pass for 5 days, it will cost a bit, but it's going to save you money for JR buses/train rides like crazy. I paid $14,000 YEN for the 3 day pass, the amount I paid is well worth it, suggest you pay for the 5days if you're staying >4 days.

But note you can only take JR transport. Subways not included. You can even reserve seats on the train using the Rail Pass so that you confirm have a seat and the carriage is reserved entirely for reserved seats, so you don't have to stand if you can't find a seat.

Suggest you take my hotel - Chisun Inn, one star I think, but very cozy and breakfast is provided, international buffet style. Starts serving at 7, eat fast and can rush for trains to your places.

You can visit:

Asahikawa/Daisetsuzan (3.5+ hours ride, 1 hr 20mins train, approx 2 hours 20mins bus to Daisetsuzan), 1750 for cable car, another 650 for chair lift.
    Onuma Koen (garden, 1+ hr ride, free)
    Hakodate (one stop from Onuma Koen)
    Otaru (sashmi filled place, 40mins+ ride)
    Sapporo (40mins from New Chitose Airport), can eat buffet at 8th level of the Daimaru shopping center located right beside the Sapporo station, 2098 Yen. Can also visit the Fish market and Li Xiao Lu road for shopping.
    Shin-Sapporo (10+mins from Sapporo, Historical Village, entrance fee 890 Yen)
    Last edited by espn; 15th November 2005 at 12:28 PM.

Shopping? Things aren't cheap there leh, sure you want to go shopping???

If you're going to Hokkaido, can stop at New Chitose Airport, buy the JR Rail Pass for 5 days, it will cost a bit, but it's going to save you money for JR buses/train rides like crazy. I paid $14,000 YEN for the 3 day pass, the amount I paid is well worth it, suggest you pay for the 5days if you're staying >4 days.

But note you can only take JR transport. Subways not included. You can even reserve seats on the train using the Rail Pass so that you confirm have a seat and the carriage is reserved entirely for reserved seats, so you don't have to stand if you can't find a seat.

Suggest you take my hotel - Chisun Inn, one star I think, but very cozy and breakfast is provided, international buffet style. Starts serving at 7, eat fast and can rush for trains to your places.

You can visit:

Asahikawa/Daisetsuzan (3.5+ hours ride, 1 hr 20mins train, approx 2 hours 20mins bus to Daisetsuzan), 1750 for cable car, another 650 for chair lift.
    Onuma Koen (garden, 1+ hr ride, free)
    Hakodate (one stop from Onuma Koen)
    Otaru (sashmi filled place, 40mins+ ride)
    Sapporo (40mins from New Chitose Airport), can eat buffet at 8th level of the Daimaru shopping center located right beside the Sapporo station, 2098 Yen. Can also visit the Fish market and Li Xiao Lu road for shopping.
    Shin-Sapporo (10+mins from Sapporo, Historical Village, entrance fee 890 Yen)
    Woah thanks for taking the effort to type the above. I already booked the hotels though. Cannot remember the name now. How's the weather like? Cooling or freezing?

Any good shops or restaurants to recommend for food? Do the shops and restaurants close early?

Cheers!

Deregistered

Woah thanks for taking the effort to type the above. I already booked the hotels though. Cannot remember the name now. How's the weather like? Cooling or freezing?

Any good shops or restaurants to recommend for food? Do the shops and restaurants close early?

Cheers!
    That was my itinerary, do go Daisetsuzan, and spend the $ on the lifts, we had our lunch out in the open area on the mountain at near 2 degrees celsius.

Weather is approaching winter, out in Sapporo (Hokkaido), mornings can hit 6.7 degrees+, night time easily 0 degree.

It would be advisable to bring some thick winter wear along unless you have a layer of fat like me, I wore a fleece, sweater and t-shirt, was pretty warm actually but my hands were the ones that suffered because I didn't use gloves. I wore another rain coat outside to shelter my camera from the snow/rain when not in use. For my legs, I wore jeans all the way, do wear proper shoes, else your feet are going to suffer.

Bring an umbrella too, over in Japan, people discard umbrellas all around, if you find one, it's pretty safe to take and use, once you're done you can just leave it around for others who needs it. What goes around will come around. My friend left her umbrella (she picked up from toilet, advised by TMC that it's ok cos the person went into the ladies, left it there and left) on a railing, next minute she turned her back, gone already. Heehee.

I went there with no umbrella, I came back Singapore with 3.

For restaurants, they close reasonably late, 11+, food finding I look at the menu/posters and see the pricings, I allocated 5K yen per day, since breakfast included, lunch and dinner shouldn't be more than 1K Yen per meal.

If you bought the rail pass, then you have 3K Yen more to spend, we didn't buy the pass first day we reached, spent 4080 going to Asahikawa (to/fro) and 3800 for Daisetsuzan area (to/fro) totalling 7880 Yen for just 1 DAY!

If you bought the pass, it would save you A LOT. I repeat BUY THE HOKKAIDO RAIL PASS for tourists!!!!!!!

For shops, they close pretty early, 8+ they start closing already, so do your shopping well before that time.

Oh yeah, 7-11s will be your best friends, you can find some very good priced stuff in them. Do check them out, and/or look for 100 Yen shops, they provide good stuff at 100 Yen, but the smaller items sometimes can be found cheaper elsewhere. Do visit a few shops before buying the items, you can save a bit.
    Last edited by espn; 15th November 2005 at 12:41 PM.

erh who ar scanner is the "you ru qi ming" de PRO okie~ Hail to scanner!
    Huh?

XMMs are located in a different web server of mine... hahaha...

haiz... need big boss chio me for sports... dunnoe how to siam
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN

haiz... need big boss chio me for sports... dunnoe how to siam
    Say camera pai cannot shoot.

Say camera pai cannot shoot.
    Wat shoot? Not sport photography..

ask mi to participate
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Red face Re: Sentosa Thread XXXI (31) - alechim 30:187 "..its 8fps (8 fries per sec)"

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Wat shoot? Not sport photography..

ask mi to participate
    Keep fit mah...so next time can carry heavy gear like 600mm,500mm,400mm all in one bag.

Deregistered

Say old man liao, bones will break, cannot participate or just cite some medical issue.