Thread: Metz 40Mz3i...

Default Metz 40Mz3i...

Hi,

Anybody know what is the cost for the above second hand flash? I went to Peninsular last Saturday and saw this flash at $390 (the shop next to CP), is the price reasonable? Please you know of any shop that is reliable and the price is cheaper, do feel free to comment.

Thanks.

Default Re: Metz 40Mz3i...

Hi,

First of all, you must find out whether your camera is compatitable with the flash or not? For me I found out that the Metz 45 CL1 or Metz 45 CL4 Hammerhead my 300D can use.

Points to consider:

1) What camera you using and is it compatitable?

2) Is the flash in good condition?

3) Find out the usage by previous owner (which you can ask but I doubt he say its heavily used, you gotta judge too).

4) Any in the shop guarranty after the sale?

Regards

That would be Prime. They are expensive, but give 6 months' warranty on used products.

The price for this flash is high, but you have to figure the dealer markup. For $390 you can get a lot of new flashes. However, the 40MZ3i is really powerful and true to the stated rating.

Wai Leong
    ===
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTime
    Hi,

Anybody know what is the cost for the above second hand flash? I went to Peninsular last Saturday and saw this flash at $390 (the shop next to CP), is the price reasonable? Please you know of any shop that is reliable and the price is cheaper, do feel free to comment.

Thanks.

Thanks for your advises. As I have 2 camera system (Nikon and Oylmpus), I am looking at this flash, which is comparable with the 2 system. I am looking at 40MZ3i, as it is a more versatile flash (it can be on-camera or hammer head with GRIP).

Anyway, I will still look, see, look, see, as I do not have enough $$$ at the moment, and the flash is not that urgent stuff.

Is there any other 2nd hand shop which the price is more reasonable?