Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Razor V3

Default Motorola Razor V3

Just bought the Black V3 not long ago...
    then heard news of Motorola going to launch a new V3 with memory expansion slot....damn sian 1/2 liao.
    Anyone using this V3 and care to gimme some of your reviews pls..thanks!

Default Re: Motorola Razor V3

am using one too....the silver version....not much things to say about it, juz
    another normal hp to me....one very serious shortcoming in my opinion is the
    soft ringtone even though tuned to the loudest...

I'd been using the black V3 for nearly 2 months liao. I wasn't bothered with any shortcomings to the phone, cos the small form factor, the ease of carrying, and the fact that it is a Motorola phone, is more than enough for me. I'm simply hopeless in using any other phone that ain't Motorola.

black. no complains. great hands free speaker.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

though im not using V3, but my very gd fren uses the black one. and i played with it.

i feel that the quality of the pics and videos taken by the V3 is not good.some more no mp3 or fm radio. but what i like abt V3 is the style, the sleekness, the flatness.

V3 is more for people who wants to show off their stylish phone. but its certainly not a show-off phone for those who are more into the functionality.

Anyway you are talking about the V3x right? Ya that one got expansion slot, TransFlash, i suppose. Anyway theres going to be a hot pink V3 series, think that will appeal to the gay and female market. Hehehhe.
    Have you read IT???

it's not really meant to show off lah...it cost only $200++, and so common now. The reason I have is becoz of it's form factor, slim and can fit into jeans without the bulge other phones produce. Personally I dun bother with other functions except..hello, bye .

simple phone of slightly above average functionality.
    main points: slim, sleek design. good handfree feature. average user-friendly OS, good price, strong-built quality.
    cons: lousy battery life, forget about the cam quality,
    always the Light, .... always.

i have the black one as well.
    I have to get used to the ringerID setting off the same ring tone for the messages as well.

its a hi-bye, look good phone... with bluetooth..

Glad to find many V3 users here!

One more questions:-
    Is the Black V3 made of plastic? I do understand that the silver one is metal.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Glad to find many V3 users here!

One more questions:-
    Is the Black V3 made of plastic? I do understand that the silver one is metal.
    Nope. It's metal as well.

My bro and best fren using it.

Find it quite troublesome actually. No much mem and slow to store images. Lotsa probs wif the camera light settings esp indoor.

Only thing attractive to me is the design nia...sorrie ah....

whats the battery life span?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    whats the battery life span?

about 2-3 days...average usage

kickass physical profile. and the bluetooth earpiece rocks! i dun demand much else from my phone. if you have been used to nokia, will have to "relearn" the interface and get used to the motorola. if i need music, i have power amps at home...if i need good pictures, i have my EOS...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    about 2-3 days...average usage
    I am not a heavy user but my batt only lasted me 1 and a half days only le...can I go to the shop and do one-to-one exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I am not a heavy user but my batt only lasted me 1 and a half days only le...can I go to the shop and do one-to-one exchange?
    How do you define yourself as "not a heavy user"?

I have a friend who calls himself someone like yourself too...his ideal of not a heavy user is talking only about 2 hours a day on his phone and still he expect it to last 2 days of charge. He does not seem to get it that since using his handphone on average of 2 hours or so, will drain the phone and be less likely to last as long as a phone on standby for a duration of 2-3 days.

Also..from what I read in alot of sites regarding the V3...it has one of the worst capacity for keeping charge...using the phone often drains it fast. Also there are other reasons why your phone can not last so long on one charge. The more feature it throws into the phone, the more your hp will need to be recharge more often. Features like playing games on it, sms addicts, if you use bluetooth earpiece ( this one drains very heavily ), use it to retain memory data ( like CF or SD card), using the camera..etc. If you own an Ipod, you will know how true this is. The Ipod claims to hold its charge for 14 hours...but to do so, I have to disable so many feature on it...and if I don't...it drains like a drunk on a drinking binge.

One of the reason why it can't hold a charge long is due to one of the vain reasons people love this V3...it is slim. Being slim means...a less superior battery module given the restricted size allow for battery storage.
    Last edited by sammy888; 7th November 2005 at 12:24 AM.

One reason why it sucks:

When doing an sms, if for some reason you're interrupted, wrong key press exit, etc. your entire message is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by shojibake
    One reason why it sucks:

When doing an sms, if for some reason you're interrupted, wrong key press exit, etc. your entire message is gone.
    yeah my friend really hated this. he was very irritated cuz his previous nokia phone was able to save it to draft in the event you were interrupted.

i heard a 3G version of the Razor is coming out? seen it in a magazine somewhere. its slightly fatter though...

Quote Originally Posted by shojibake
    One reason why it sucks:

It's a motorola thing, that you'll get used to if you use it long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    One of the reason why it can't hold a charge long is due to one of the vain reasons people love this V3...it is slim. Being slim means...a less superior battery module given the restricted size allow for battery storage.
    The V3 battery ain't really that slim, as compared to the previous Motorola models. In fact, I'm pretty sure that my old V3688 cell could still fit the V3.

And yes, there are concerns with Motorola battery-life. But can you frankly name me any hand-held device that doesn't have a battery-life concern? How many of you guys would dare to go on a 2 days trip with just one battery for your digicam, without a charger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast