Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winter Footwear

Default Re: Winter Footwear

Quote Originally Posted by RtOaNn
    I bought a Hi-Tec Canyon WP at WOS last Sunday.It was the last day of their 30% sale.
    It has waterproof suede leather.
    w/o pic i dunno d model...

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    i would probably forget about timberland stuff - they are way overprice for the performance they give. other brands like Hi-tec, Columbia and Soloman give much better value and they are brands that many mountainers and outdoor people swore by because of their design.
    this is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbuff
    [*]Soft, full-grain leather uppers are seam sealed to prevent moisture seepage while maintaining flexibility [*]Lace-up instep with padded tongue secures fit across instep for a slop-free fit [*]B-Tek four-channel polyester insulation and Thermatuf linings trap and hold valuable warmth while wicking away excess moisture for quick drying [*]Padded collars around ankles add comfort; contoured footbeds over a comfort platform support and cushion feet [*]GelFlex midsoles and heels absorb impact to reduce foot fatigue, plus provide insulation from the frozen terrain underfoot [*]Molded rubber shells are completely waterproof and maintain flexibility in cold weather [*]Rubber lugged outsoles deliver solid traction and support on snow and wet surfaces[/LIST]

Also got the Nikwax Nubuck and Suede Waterproofing
    i do hope you'll enjoy your Baffin.

its incredible to pay that amount for a shoe bought online. nevertheless, from the specs I do believe this pair is going to be comfy for daywalks, minitreks etc. Note they advertise rubber shells. I don't know about you, but for me, I would hate to be stuck in a rubber shell with no chance no breathe. ( thats my feeet talking). this pair is most probably for cold weather. are you going to wear it in cold weather or locally.. and the specs say its completely waterproof..haha..AH DUH rubber is waterproof..
    I cant remember if you mentioned earlier if you're wearing in winter. cuz i personally feel that its a little too lowcut already..

if you go to campers and try on boots, there are several ways to test and fit the boot e.g standing on a ramp to see how the boot clings to your foot forwardly and backwardly, and the size you need with the kind of socks you wear...the location you tie you laces..there are different ways to lace-up to distribute load across the foot! so many ways to test a boot..

sigh. cannot really make much comments on ur pair. cuz of the angle of the product shot...its really important to try the boot before you buy it.. its VERY important...you need the feel. anyway, all the best and I hope you enjoy it!!

PS: can convert the total amt to Sing dollar, just to know..=)

Douglas

those shiny lace loops & hooks may tarnish. V-Lite Event II looks v gd, but costs more.

i got d V-Lite Kevla 1, plastic loops.

I bought a Hi-Tec Canyon WP at WOS last Sunday.It was the last day of their 30% sale.
    It has waterproof suede leather.
    canyon WP looks functional alright!
    how much did you pay for it after the discount? 40% discount ah? thats a darn good deal!!!!
    must have been old stock. they should be bringing in new models soon.

Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    those shiny lace loops & hooks may tarnish. V-Lite Event II looks v gd, but costs more.

i got d V-Lite Kevla 1, plastic loops.
    they sure will, but unless you use it well and often, the durability of the metal hoops for the lace will often outlast the greedy desire to change boots...!

Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by doug3fflux
    they sure will, but unless you use it well and often, the durability of the metal hoops for the lace will often outlast the greedy desire to change boots...!

Douglas
    my Nikko metal loops got bent 1s, sian manz. but its extremely comfortable & d sole is v durable.

ya, 1 is not enough! hahaa... ttz y i got my Hi-Tec V-Lite! Nikko in light brown, Hi-Tec in black 2 match diff outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    Nikko in light brown, Hi-Tec in black 2 match diff outfit.
    outfit? what outfit? black GTX socks, black gaiters, and your black GTX jacket?

there is seldom any need to fit boots with outfit.

Douglas

outfit? what outfit? black GTX socks, black gaiters, and your black GTX jacket?

there is seldom any need to fit boots with outfit.

Douglas
    aiyo, outfit = shirt & cargo pants arhx...

I only got 30% discount la..not WOS member..
    paid $97.30..

wanted to buy the columbia Bonanza Peak but the cutting too big for my feet...i'm quite small size...haha

i do hope you'll enjoy your Baffin.

its incredible to pay that amount for a shoe bought online. Douglas
    No lah, it's not incredible, just that i got relatively higher tolerance and i am quite a sucker too

nevertheless, from the specs I do believe this pair is going to be comfy for daywalks, minitreks etc. Note they advertise rubber shells. I don't know about you, but for me, I would hate to be stuck in a rubber shell with no chance no breathe. ( thats my feeet talking). this pair is most probably for cold weather. are you going to wear it in cold weather or locally.. Douglas
    This is more for work and yes, daywalks, minitreks etc. I am wearing it Beijing and not so much for SG.

PS: can convert the total amt to Sing dollar, just to know..=)Douglas
    Will do once the credit card bill comes. and also take some pics of it in other angles assuming it fits

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbuff
    Will do once the credit card bill comes. and also take some pics of it in other angles assuming it fits
    assuming it fits!!

Douglas

lol..
    betta pray it fits...

timberland is really good!
    my dad got one 10 years ago, and now, there's no sign or damage-sole still stuck firmly, laces not fraying. also, the metal clips where u attach the laces are really strong! leather is also very good quality waterproof (does not need spraying of waterproofing spray)

Quote Originally Posted by maritimus831
    timberland is really good!
    my dad got one 10 years ago, and now, there's no sign or damage-sole still stuck firmly, laces not fraying. also, the metal clips where u attach the laces are really strong! leather is also very good quality waterproof (does not need spraying of waterproofing spray)
    wow.. not surprising. Products used to be very durable and can last quite long. Nowaday, apperals, electronics, almost everythings, are not built to last!

Hi guys, my baffin shoe from rei.com arrived and I am glad to say it turned out alright. Take a look.

Guys, the lace keeps coming loose, is there some kind of device that can attach to hold the laces. I think i have seen it in sports shoes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345