Thread: Necessary or not?

Default Necessary or not?

when storing cam in a drybox is it necessary to dismantle the lens from the body and store it seperately?

Default Re: Necessary or not?

Not necessary. Depending on your space in the drybox, you can store separately or having the lens fit in the body. I store the lens fit in the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by zax13
    when storing cam in a drybox is it necessary to dismantle the lens from the body and store it seperately?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

hmm some are saying tt flashes cannot be left in the drybox. is this true?

all not true

just tapping onto this topic... when do you store your equipment in a dry box? when prolonged no usage? or everyday take in and take out?

and also isit better to leave your dry box in air-con or non air-con room?

thanx

eh a dry box is supposed to de humidify the air in it...does it matter wat the air outside is? i juz put my cam in the box daily

my main workhorse lens is permanently attached to my camera....i mean...cant be bothered la...the only covern is if ya lens is a v heavy one...then u anyhow put and prolonged strain can "injure" the lens mount..

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by marco
    just tapping onto this topic... when do you store your equipment in a dry box? when prolonged no usage? or everyday take in and take out?

thanx
    if you use your camera everyday, you really do not need to stroe it in a dry box. kmolds need 2 things in orde to grow, moisture and still air. If you are using your camera all the time, the air movement will be a deterrent to mold growth. Actually, it's not unheard of that mold can grow inside a dry box, where the air is still.

If you have a room that is airconned all the time, I just leave the camera in the room. Just make sure they are not directly in the path of the cold air , you don't want to get your equipment so cold that once you take it starts condensation.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by marco
    normal a/c's maintain low humidity values so you dont need a dry box if the space is always air conditioned. there will be some condensation after you take it out, but that should not be much of a problem.

thnx all for sharing your thoughts...