Thread: Need advice on CRT Monitors

Default Need advice on CRT Monitors

Hi all.

I am looking to buy either a 17inch or 21 inch CRT monitor soon. But not sure which brand or model to go for.

My main concerns are: the interface etc must be easy to use with either Spyer or Eye One third party calibration devices.

Is View Sonic, Samsung or Philips better?

Pls advice.

Thanks.

Default Re: Need advice on CRT Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Digi-Learner
    Hi all.

I am looking to buy either a 17inch or 21 inch CRT monitor soon. But not sure which brand or model to go for.

My main concerns are: the interface etc must be easy to use with either Spyer or Eye One third party calibration devices.

Is View Sonic, Samsung or Philips better?

Pls advice.

Thanks.
    If you still can SONY Trinitron Tube, get that. Next best would be the 21 inch Samsung. Both Colour Calibration systems works fine and easy to use for the monitor mentioned above. Really depends on your eyes, your room lights and so on. If you want to calibrate properly, make sure you cover your monitor with mounting board, so no stray lights is reflected on the screen.

Try turning off and on your lights when your monitor is turn on. Big change in colour on the CRT.

Default Re: Need advice on CRT Monitors (which brand)

Thanks.

1. For Samsung, which model would you recommend?

2. Seldom hear of Viewsonic for quite sometime, is it 'not as good as Samsung' nowadays?

regards, digi-learner

Get the Mitsubishi Diamondtron 19"... its great for PP...

Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    If you still can SONY Trinitron Tube, get that. Next best would be the 21 inch Samsung. Both Colour Calibration systems works fine and easy to use for the monitor mentioned above. Really depends on your eyes, your room lights and so on. If you want to calibrate properly, make sure you cover your monitor with mounting board, so no stray lights is reflected on the screen.

Try turning off and on your lights when your monitor is turn on. Big change in colour on the CRT.

spot-on....