Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photography in Hospitals

Default Re: Photography in Hospitals

Better not. If you do not have the permissions from the hospital, and you happened to take pictures of the suffering patients that did not have their consents, you may be liable for lawsuits from both parties.

Lightbulb Re: Photography in Hospitals

for our enlightenment, how should the thread starter describe it? again, layman's terminology pls.

Quote Originally Posted by student
    That is not called a respirator.

Quote Originally Posted by student
    Hey! Look at the context of this thread.

Dogfish wants to take a picture of a patient on a respirator. Do you know what that mean?

Only two things.

Either a tube plonked down your throat or a hole drilled into your throat!
    tot can fake it de wad, hahaa..

sorry ah, 4got he wanted t kind... nv been instaled w/ tt gadget b4, need 2 poke or drill de?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    I know, I know...

/me raise hand...

Pick Me! Pick Me!
    i contestant no. 1, u no. 2. wah, tis kind of shoot oso may end up needing audition...

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    for our enlightenment, how should the thread starter describe it? again, layman's terminology pls.
    I am not expert but now I think the original thread starter may be referring to "resuscitator" instead of "respirator".

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    i contestant no. 1, u no. 2. wah, tis kind of shoot oso may end up needing audition...
    eh, u see what was i quoting 1st leh...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    I am not expert but now I think the original thread starter may be referring to "resuscitator" instead of "respirator".
    i think not resuscitator also... a simple oxygen mask is good enuff... can be bought at guardian...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i think not resuscitator also... a simple oxygen mask is good enuff... can be bought at guardian...
    I think the layman term for "resuscitator" is "oxygen mask".

I think the layman term for "resuscitator" is "oxygen mask".
    not really wor... i go find a pic & show u... cos resuscitator got no venting hole on the mask, oxygen mask have, and u need a air bag to plug to resuscitator mask.

eh, u see what was i quoting 1st leh...
    can quote which? u posted a fewb4 tis...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    can quote which? u posted a fewb4 tis...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....3&postcount=20

now i confused abt it ler. tot u oso 1 2 b d patient...

Lightbulb Re: Photography in Hospitals

me not expert too, more confusion now!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish
    Hi guys,
    Just want to find out if anyone has any experience taking photos in hospitals.. Is it allowed? I intend to take someone on a respirator... Focus on the respirator with the patient out of focus. Anyone have any idea?
    thanks
    You can always write in to the hospital admin and try your luck. I've have seen officially mandated photography in a hospital ICU and operating theare before, so it is not a definite no-no. Be transparent about what you want to do, what the photography is for etc. The 2 concerns here are 1) the patient's right to privacy and 2) interference with medical care. If you can convince the hospital admin that you will infringe neither, you may have a chance of a positive decision.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish
    Hi guys,
    Just want to find out if anyone has any experience taking photos in hospitals.. Is it allowed? I intend to take someone on a respirator... Focus on the respirator with the patient out of focus. Anyone have any idea?
    thanks
    I don't think it's allowed. You would need to go through the hospital cooperate office (PR or group comms department) Another place is to look for students in NYP nursing course or physiotherapy courses. School of nursing also can. They have some training on it. Another name for the machine is ventilator (quite a few modes of it also, Bipap, cpap, tracheal also have or just use a fascial mask also can)
    300D/5d2/40D/1d3/5D3
    17-40L F4, 28-70L F2.8, 24-105L F4, 50 F1.4, 70-200L F2.8

Hi dogfish,

Dun think it's allowed in the hospital as some medical equipments can be sensitive to electronic devices. That's the reason why there's sign boards that politely request us to switch off all electronic devices esp mobile phones.

However, if you write in for permission and supported with very good official reasons why you need to do it. They might let you do so and they will probably sent a nursing staff to follow you thru. The staff will be there to assist and guide you esp if some medical equipments are to fail suddenly.

Hope it helps
    Sony F828, Alpha 100, 18-200mm/f3.5-6.3, 50mm/f1.4, 20mm/f2.8 n 16-80mm CZ lens
    My Blog Site

Didnt know it's not allowed. Went to take photos in a hospital for some handicap project i was doing. Wasn't stopped.

Yep... Its not allowed.... Actually the respirator i was refering to was the electronic pump... the one that goes up and down.... then in the background woulda been the patient. Was just a shot i was thinking of doing in my free time so i guess no harm done. Didn't intend to have the background focused anyway.

Cool Re: Photography in Hospitals

bad news. i work in a hospital. was told that i can do photography on the equips ONLY WITH the permission of the relevant nursing officers. d hospital itself got a employed photographer, so other than d hospital newsletter & anything concerning abt MOH, no other publications r allowed.

anyway, i only concern abt the scenery that i saw through the window from the ward. photograph patients? i would rather stay away, than having endless lawsuits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12