Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AH MENG TOLD THE SCHOOLS TO DO HOUSEKEEPING

Default Re: AH MENG TOLD THE SCHOOLS TO DO HOUSEKEEPING

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Not much different from other countries and other times. It's just blown out of proportion by two factors: the power of social media and the ego of some, causing the overreaction of the administration.
    Yes. They want to be known. So let it be!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

Upgrade the cleaning skill of the children instead. It is a life skill and you do not depend on maid.
    This brings back my point in the clearing food trays in eating places.

Those families with kids, just eat and go off, leaving a big mess on table. Shouldn't the parents set the example to clear and ask the kids to do likewise if they r old enough?

What kind of message is the parents telling the kids? "Leave this dirty job to the low class people to do"?

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    What kind of message is the parents telling the kids? "Leave this dirty job to the low class people to do"?
    The message:

"人是为人服务."

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    This brings back my point in the clearing food trays in eating places.

Those families with kids, just eat and go off, leaving a big mess on table. Shouldn't the parents set the example to clear and ask the kids to do likewise if they r old enough?

Children were told to return tray but parents do otherwise.

Sigh... 10 years of primary and secondary education wasted.

Ah Meng realises this and he starts to tell school to do it. It is hope that now the children can educate the parents instead. Shame the parents!

Children were told to return tray but parents do otherwise.

Sigh... 10 years of primary and secondary education wasted.

Ah Meng realises this and he starts to tell school to do it. It is hope that now the children can educate the parents instead. Shame the parents!
    Everything starts from the home.

If wan the kids to have good values, the parents need to show good values.

Have seen many bad parents doing:
    1. Jay walk with dragging the kid on the road
    2. Shouting vulgarities at other ppl
    3. Road rage behaviour
    4. Tell kids to pee in public

And the list goes on and on

It is the upbringing of the kids.
    Parents are "Role" model.

Sent from my Lenovo S930 using Tapatalk

So the solution is sending the parents back to school?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    So the solution is sending the parents back to school?
    Yeah. Really. If there is such a system exists........

It's a mental attitude...way more complex than just school. Dignity the way you carry yourself. Values. The transmission of such values seems to be easily lost nowadays with our high speed wifi connected society. Civilization.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

It will take a few generations to change the mindset. But it must start somewhere .

In school the teachers would say, "The child needs counselling." but think often it is the parents who need it most and maybe sometimes the teacher.

In school the teachers would say, "The child needs counselling." but think often it is the parents who need it most and maybe sometimes the teacher.
    Like I said. Everything start from home.

I agree it starts from the home but moreover it begins within the spirit of a person. If your spirit is sloppy the disposition of that person will be sloppy too.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Nowadays, you see parents bringing their kids along to demonstrate to protest the social policy they are not happy with. What will become of the kids when they grow up. In Middle East, the kids become violence and demonstration becomes their part of life.

Nowadays, you see parents bringing their kids along to demonstrate to protest the social policy they are not happy with. What will become of the kids when they grow up. In Middle East, the kids become violence and demonstration becomes their part of life.
    They learn to use their constitutional rights of voicing out disagreement. And in case they grow up and venture into politics they will hopefully remember to respect this, even if they disagree with the protesters.
    EOS

Agreed. I am not against adults doing it. But what does a primary or secondary kid know about constitutional right? They do not even have the right to vote. Are the parents not sending the wrong signal that that is the way to voice their rights?

That is what happening in HK. One moment he said that he is a Chinese than he changed his mind.

Agreed. I am not against adults doing it. But what does a primary or secondary kid know about constitutional right? They do not even have the right to vote. Are the parents not sending the wrong signal that that is the way to voice their rights?
    Secondary students are able to understand the basics and joining any demonstration is applied education. For younger ones it's just a nice big party. Nothing wrong with that. What's wrong in your eyes with learning about how to voice out one's opinion and rights? Any peaceful avenue is a valid avenue, in my eyes.
    EOS

But looking at the idiocy of university students in Hong Kong during the riots?

LoL are you sure that secondary school kids are fully aware of what they're getting into, especially so since most of them are more pampered these days with nary their own mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Secondary students are able to understand the basics and joining any demonstration is applied education. For younger ones it's just a nice big party. Nothing wrong with that. What's wrong in your eyes with learning about how to voice out one's opinion and rights? Any peaceful avenue is a valid avenue, in my eyes.
    See definition of demostration:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonstration_(protest)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast