Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40658085888990919295 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1987

Thread: Chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Default Re: Chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap
    Ai ya... only 1000 combinations each lock, two locks 2000 combinations... try them all lor...
    His suitcase must be those that will self-explode after 3 tries one lah! That's why he so reluctant to try, and jumping into the hacksaw solution directly mah!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    His suitcase must be those that will self-explode after 3 tries one lah! That's why he so reluctant to try, and jumping into the hacksaw solution directly mah!
    Wah! so high tech ah...

Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap
    Wah! so high tech ah...
    my luggage is actually a reach-in teleportation device. thats why i reluctant go police.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    my luggage is actually a reach-in teleportation device. thats why i reluctant go police.
    Scottie, beam me up!!

Ooh! And Mr Fox seems to be quite pissed over the critique corner... ...

Scottie, beam me up!!

i havent been very active in there of late when i was at first. littlewolf's post did stir me up some. im not pissed lah, standards erode when u dont keep it in check, or if noone does.

I dont want to make it like an elitist or something, but some TS are better off in e newbie corner. In the first place, some/most pple don't know which deserves c&c and which don't. bleah...

Scottie, beam me up!!

Can reach into the reach in teleportation device to pick up the image mah... oops, he can't open it yet...

i havent been very active in there of late when i was at first. littlewolf's post did stir me up some. im not pissed lah, standards erode when u dont keep it in check, or if noone does.

I dont want to make it like an elitist or something, but some TS are better off in e newbie corner. In the first place, some/most pple don't know which deserves c&c and which don't. bleah...
    Come on! Sometimes even you don't know which of your pictures deserve critique and comments or not too. Anyway, newbie has been posting in there since it's initiation. Well, maybe not so much then, when there were quite high standard shots abound. But still, they have been part and parcel of the corner.

To me, it's not the post, but the critique. Critique tends to be too technically tuned that's it's almost laughable: crop here, underexpose there, would be better if such and such... I'm guilty of that too, mind you. But it's almost to the point where creativity ain't emphasized at all, and everything just become technical.

Ah! Sooo bored...
    Anyone wanna do shooting this weekend, or meet up for kopi?

Come on! Sometimes even you don't know which of your pictures deserve critique and comments or not too. Anyway, newbie has been posting in there since it's initiation. Well, maybe not so much then, when there were quite high standard shots abound. But still, they have been part and parcel of the corner.

To me, it's not the post, but the critique. Critique tends to be too technically tuned that's it's almost laughable: crop here, underexpose there, would be better if such and such... I'm guilty of that too, mind you. But it's almost to the point where creativity ain't emphasized at all, and everything just become technical.
    it's a gut call i make. when i feel it lacks something, that it can be something better than what i have.... maybe i will choose wrongly and never put up an image for c&c 'cos of the call i made, then i will have to live with it. it's not perfect development, it's never meant to be 100%. that's my idea, sch of hard knocks. we will help, but not if u dont put effort in the 1st place.

creativity, like style, is more self-explored. we can suggest a different angle, but to actually give exact directions is erh, impossible?

CC... I have not been there for a long time myself... it began as a very good idea... then people begin to post anything there... post many many photos there... sigh... why can't they just choose one that they want help with and post?

Ah! Sooo bored...
    Anyone wanna do shooting this weekend, or meet up for kopi?
    are u shooting trees again?

it's a gut call i make. when i feel it lacks something, that it can be something better than what i have.... maybe i will choose wrongly and never put up an image for c&c 'cos of the call i made, then i will have to live with it. it's not perfect development, it's never meant to be 100%. that's my idea, sch of hard knocks. we will help, but not if u dont put effort in the 1st place.

creativity, like style, is more self-explored. we can suggest a different angle, but to actually give exact directions is erh, impossible?
    I think this is where we differ. I don't think it's the role of the critic is to set a certain direction in which the photographer ought to take, in order to "improve". Frankly, underneath most of the technical advice/critique that people have given, is the sense that the photo ought or should be shaped into this way or that. In fact, the act of just emphasizing technical improvement is depriving the originality of the work, or simply put creativity.

Hence, while it's really hard to try and compliment or critique on originality, it should be a critic's role to emphasis just as much on this aspect, rather than thinking that it's sufficient to just talk about technicality.

are u shooting trees again?
    Nope. No available money to get film. Slash my money somewhere safe from me, right now.
    Will be doing shooting something else, that err... I'm not disclosing at the moment.

Hacksaw is a good idea... then again, be careful not to hurt sammie hor!
    ... i not inside lorrrrrrrrrrr.

why? your heart pain ah??
    tsktsk! then you not lah! hahaaha

Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_
    tsktsk! then you not lah! hahaaha
    dun avoid the issue! cheat heart pain for u leh!

I think this is where we differ. I don't think it's the role of the critic is to set a certain direction in which the photographer ought to take, in order to "improve". Frankly, underneath most of the technical advice/critique that people have given, is the sense that the photo ought or should be shaped into this way or that. In fact, the act of just emphasizing technical improvement is depriving the originality of the work, or simply put creativity.

Hence, while it's really hard to try and compliment or critique on originality, it should be a critic's role to emphasis just as much on this aspect, rather than thinking that it's sufficient to just talk about technicality.

chicken & egg chicken & egg, creativity & technicality creativity & technicality

dun avoid the issue! cheat heart pain for u leh!
    -pokes- im asking you now lor! hahahahaha! so who's avoiding the qns?

Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_
    -pokes- im asking you now lor! hahahahaha! so who's avoiding the qns?

Commander Fox, under the Geneva Convention, you are obliged to stating just your rank, name and unit. Be strong, do not succumb to interrogation.

chicken & egg chicken & egg, creativity & technicality creativity & technicality

No... not chicken and egg. More like triceps and biceps. One contract, the other relax. You can't have both extreme creativity and extreme technicality on the same frame. It has to be a balance, an interaction. One doesn't come before or after. Both are present at the same time. It's just how much of which...

Phew! The "A" word almost came out liao... ...