Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 82328313233343538435883 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Default Re: chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap
    Wah! This one I like! The texture and the lighting is so good!
    best...

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    best...
    babygerald, let's go to seafood place take people's pix tonight

Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap
    Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    where's your Chairman?

*looks with satisfaction at the sluggish behaviour of this thread*

hehehe.....

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

hehehe.....
    looks like sammie's translucent teddy really did the job

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    looks like sammie's translucent teddy really did the job
    as in.....her teddy slows down the thread due to excessive rubbernecking?

kPOW!

blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

POW WOW!

aiyoyo...(sorry for the bad exposure, metered wrongly, overexposed shot... :P )

Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    aiyoyo...(sorry for the bad exposure, metered wrongly, overexposed shot... :P )

been hip-shooting lately?

hehehe...yup...once the scene is correct, if can use viewfinder i'll use lah...if not...hip shots lah...but lately, i lazy to use the viewfinder, so hip the hop shot

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    where's your Chairman?
    If I know where he is, I will cease to be sotong... If he knows where he is then he cannot be chairman...

Good afternoon!!

More like being hip and shooting lately.

Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    POW WOW!

Hmm... wider angle would be nicer.
    Quick! Go and get a rangefinder with super wide angle!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Ooh! A lady with experience!
    Anyway, you're not old at all. Most of the ideas would only jump out into reality at that age anyway. In fact, I remember this guy in CS who told me that a real good piece of art would usually be produced when one enter the 4 decade mark.

yalah - anyways AGE IS IN YOUR MIND - very cliche - but it's true!!

You'll never know man. No one have expected the riot in France to still be on today either. Like one of the christian song goes... "It only takes a spark, to get a fire going"

Please lah - the French govt was turning BLIND EYE to everything - they STOPPED POLICE PATROL OF Clichy sous Bois (the place where it started) and so many other places YEARS AGO! WAlau - and they kept talking abt Egalite! Liberte! Fraternite! PLUZZZ !!! U can speak French like the French but if u don't have white skin and u look Arab/North African - SUDAHLAH!

Don't look at moral police thing so critically. Remember, in moral policing, there's no punitive measure, for it's plain illogicity. So, there's just guilt and guilt. Moral police means nothing; the threshold of your guilt does.

Wa piang ... all this GUILT .. so susah man ...

I personally like to discuss about Islam as well, but am helpless with Sufism. Again, it's the kind of thing that are probably too personal, and could only be understood by me in the intellectual sense. But all those things about reality behind the veil, and doing devrishes to unveil the reality, just dwell on illogicity in my books.

Eh - i like dervishes!! haha! i like illogicity sometimes ... when things get too rational - it becomes cold, soul-less ... um - wait - u r an atheist - so u don't believe in a soul right?? haha!!

Anyway, along with the increasing number of agnostics in the world (either those like Choy kind, or those who have remove themselves from association with religious institutions), there is an increasing number of people who believes that all god is one god. The teachings of each religion are simply just plastic factors that changes with time, tradition, culture and locality. There's a term to people who believe thus, but it just slip my mind at this moment.

To me, this is fine to. Just draw a line where Ayn Rand is concerned...

I have yet to tackle Ayn Rand - heard so much abt her - i better try to READ at least one of her books!

Wah! Invitation to get my balls banged? Don't want... Nolah - i not ball banger lah!! hahahaaha!!
    I don't think the rest minded the discussion here lor. There's not much life here anyway!
    REally ah? i dunno man - some people might be wondering why the fuhell we talk abt bo liao stuff??

Anyway, see how lah! The point of view from Choy is very interesting as well. And wait till babygerald finish his exam. He can hold up to philosophical thoughts quite a bit too. Well, at least he put up with my explanation to existentialism! Hahah~!

And I'm still waiting for the appearance of vamptress as well. Ask her to reply so many times liao, and she still diam diam...

Wow - VAMPTRESS - wah sounds cool man ....!! She must be damn chio right?? lol!

Question directed at me huh?
    Come on lah. I don't break down bible, as if it's some literature and start dissecting through the words. Need to remind people this sometimes, that I'm ultimately still a science student!

It's probably better to ask people who were originally insitutionalized christians about what they think about this.
    Cannotlah - institionalized christians cannot take bible as metaphor mah! my younger bro is devoted christian so i know - and last time - in my past life - i was also an institutionalized christian - u lupa eh?

hehehe.....
    Sluggish? How so?

Anyway, I'd had a rather interesting conversation with a friend about an hour or so ago. See, another friend of mine (classmate A) drop by for a visit today, and he being him, behaved totally outlandishly loud. We'd ended up engaging in a nonsensical conversation about things and such in the middle of the corridor (you know a conversation is nonsensical when it revolves around another classmate of ours trying to show boast her asset when she don't have the figure to... ). After A left, the other friend who from a nearby lab, came and look for me, and was abhorred to find that A was actually teaching in a JC. Then he was saying that he pity the JC students under A, since his opinion of A is that A knows nothing about science, and sprouted rubbish during some of the modules he and A have taken when we were still studying. This led to a whole conversation, where his mentality revealed a number of interesting things. Firstly, he felt that a clever person ought to know his stuff really well, and not be methodical and sensical. Secondly, he felt that someone who sprout rubbish would not be a source of inspiration.

To me, I'd had a totally different point of view. See, A is actually a very very intelligent person, more intelligent than me I guess. Heck! His scores are better than mine most of the time and that speaks volume, since I'm not that bad myself (err... well, I'm horrible in science. Why am I doing science again?) The thing is, an intelligent person could either be one who speaks sensible and accurate thing all the time, or one who don't reveal it in their behaviour. To me, the decision-makers in Singapore tend to be those who are very very sensible people, like the many MPs we have in the government. But the ones who really changes things ain't these sensible people, but those who are willing to be outlandish and push the box whenever possible. While being sensible and methodical in thinking is perhaps good in indoctrinating knowledge to a student, it'll usually take an outlandish individual to inspire one to feel for a certain subject or to spark that passion out.

Anyway, the conversation turned out to be one where I'd used back the analogy of South Park versus The Simpsons again! Haaa~!

So the point of me sharing about this is this. What kind of person do you think you are? One who say sensible things all the time and not willing to speculate on anything when you don't have the knowledge to, or one who would say and do whatever comes to mind, not compromising to the situation in which the expression could have unpleasant consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by lao_chio
    Please lah - the French govt was turning BLIND EYE to everything - they STOPPED POLICE PATROL OF Clichy sous Bois (the place where it started) and so many other places YEARS AGO! WAlau - and they kept talking abt Egalite! Liberte! Fraternite! PLUZZZ !!! U can speak French like the French but if u don't have white skin and u look Arab/North African - SUDAHLAH!
    Most of the government work in such a way that whatever's not broken, don't fix it. In fact there are a lot of things that needed attention to as well, but they have decided to turn a blind eye to them as well. Example of some of these issues are: racial harmony issue, the (national)identity issue, the sexual (orientation and otherwise) issues, the human rights issue, etc. etc.

All it take is really a spark somewhere, to remind people that a government ain't just there for the bread and butter issues. They are responsible for setting directions to a number of other issues as well!

Eh - i like dervishes!! haha! i like illogicity sometimes ... when things get too rational - it becomes cold, soul-less ... um - wait - u r an atheist - so u don't believe in a soul right?? haha!!
    Nope. Soul is another complex idea that perhaps I will never be able to understand. When the biological system cease to function, the neurons stop making connection, and whatever thoughts and feelings just vapourise. Why maintain that there's a soul to encapsulate these thoughts and feelings when life passes on?

I have yet to tackle Ayn Rand - heard so much abt her - i better try to READ at least one of her books!
    NOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

REally ah? i dunno man - some people might be wondering why the fuhell we talk abt bo liao stuff??
    Most will just ignore the posts. Some will read and comprehend, but find it hard to participate. Still, it's okay I guess. You don't reply a message to please others anyway. You only do that in heavily moderated forum like ST Forum.

Wow - VAMPTRESS - wah sounds cool man ....!! She must be damn chio right?? lol!
    Haha~! I'd just forwarded your comment to her. Think she'll flip!

Quote Originally Posted by mau_lovers
    Cannotlah - institionalized christians cannot take bible as metaphor mah! my younger bro is devoted christian so i know - and last time - in my past life - i was also an institutionalized christian - u lupa eh?
    I really can't hold much of a discussion about specifics in a bible. I got so turned off by the sight of the bible from a decade ago...

Ooh! Anyway, try to insert commands like [ quote = ABC ] quoted paragraph/statement [/quote ] (remove the all empty spaces in the [] ) when answering the post. That way, your reply won't be mixed inside the quote.
    Last edited by The_Cheat; 16th November 2005 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Haha~! I'd just forwarded your comment to her. Think she'll flip!
    why should she flip? she IS a very beautiful woman.

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

why should she flip? she IS a very beautiful woman.

She'll be so overjoyed that she'll flip and do cartwheels lor!