Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1318212223242528334873 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Default Re: chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    looks and behaviour may not be all that different. the greatest change will come from within.

yes. you don't have to look like a good xxx (insert your favourite religious practitioner) to BE a good xxx. converserly, what LOOKS like a good xxx, may not be a good xxx.

looks and behaviour may not be all that different. the greatest change will come from within.
    A change within will in one way or another change the behaviour and looks outwardly. It may be subtle in some cases, and extreme in others. So there's still ought to be difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    yes. you don't have to look like a good xxx (insert your favourite religious practitioner) to BE a good xxx. converserly, what LOOKS like a good xxx, may not be a good xxx.
    wise words indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    A change within will in one way or another change the behaviour and looks outwardly. It may be subtle in some cases, and extreme in others. So there's still ought to be difference.
    not all human intentions are visible to human eyes.

Not necessarily. The middle path is the path for the undecided as well.
    It's also the path that most will take.

yes it is really tough deciding whether it should be a translucent teddy or a translucent camisole.

yes it is really tough deciding whether it should be a translucent teddy or a translucent camisole.
    i'd go with the translucent teddy if i were you.

i look at the middle path as one not of indecision, but one of moderation.
    There are different ways to look at this path analogy lah. In fact, I'm only beginning to understand what it meant to compromise. Frankly, that understanding does show in my recent comments made on pictures. It lack the spunkiness that I'd used to possess, and just move on the safe edge of not angering anyone. Moderation perhaps, but it's more like compromising my own ideals to the norm.

However, this compromising thing is taking a toll on me. For one, I'm literally disappearing; and secondly, I'm discontented that there are way too many people who chose to compromise, not because they have been to the different paths and back, but because they just blindly followed what other have done... most compromise not because they choose to, but because they choose not to make a choice! And that's to me, is indecision.

xxx = anti-semite

xxx = KKK

xxx = Al-Qaeda

OK let's help the_cheat wind up his brains…

a person is eating mock goose (you know those soya-based concoction made to resemble roast goose), is he/she a vegetarian?

I would choose a translucent camisole instead...

xxx = anti-semite

xxx = KKK

xxx = Al-Qaeda

great! you're getting the idea. see, you don'ch have to be a chio-bu to get A+

OK let's help the_cheat wind up his brains…

a person is eating mock goose (you know those soya-based concoction made to resemble roast goose), is he/she a vegetarian?
    why are you being so kind to me in the middle of the night?

Anyway, there's a lot of connotation to vegetarian leh. Not all vegetarian choose to be vegetarian because of religion. And not all vegetarian, even those religious one, choose to be vegetarian because they dun wanna "take lives".

Frankly, from a strict atheistic point of view, mock goose isn't the say as meat, in terms of the biochemical properties. So, for a vegetaran who chose to be one, due to their inability to eat meat, then it's perfectly all right. For a vegetarian who wish not to "take lives", eating mock goose (or any other thing, vegetables included! DUH!!) is not. But as long as they admit that they are practising double-standard, then there's not much thing to argue isn't it?

There are different ways to look at this path analogy lah. In fact, I'm only beginning to understand what it meant to compromise. Frankly, that understanding does show in my recent comments made on pictures. It lack the spunkiness that I'd used to possess, and just move on the safe edge of not angering anyone. Moderation perhaps, but it's more like compromising my own ideals to the norm.

However, this compromising thing is taking a toll on me. For one, I'm literally disappearing; and secondly, I'm discontented that there are way too many people who chose to compromise, not because they have been to the different paths and back, but because they just blindly followed what other have done... most compromise not because they choose to, but because they choose not to make a choice! And that's to me, is indecision.
    why did you decide to tone down your "spunkiness" in the first place? was the anger generated by your spunky comments causing you some unease (and therefore lack of contentment?)

I would choose a translucent camisole instead...

would you choose a flowery patterned translucent camisole or a geometrical patterned translucent camisole ?

why are you being so kind to me in the middle of the night?

because I am watching 8mm on AXN.

would you choose a flowery patterned translucent camisole or a geometrical patterned translucent camisole ?
    i would choose a plain translucent teddy.

why did you decide to tone down your "spunkiness" in the first place? was the anger generated by your spunky comments causing you some unease (and therefore lack of contentment?)
    It has nothing to do with photography, for frankly, I have not be doing photography religiously for, err... 8 months and counting? It's more to do with my other encounters in life: in science and research, in post-classical music, in contemporary and modern art, in adventure games and in day-to-day interaction.

Frankly, it's so hard to put into words of why I change. But I think it's quite obvious that I did, for the mentality change is reflected on the words.

i pity the poor sods who want to catch up with this thread.

Flowery patterned ones, with generous amounts of lace at the edges.

i pity the poor sods who want to catch up with this thread.
    Is anyone trying to catch up with this thread right now?