Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1015181920212225304570 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Default Re: chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

YEEHAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    aisehman! Snapsnap got some interesting angles lah!!!! hehehe...photo sharing time!!!!

Hoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Square crop!! Square crop!!!
    Frame out of frame! Nice!!!

YEEHAAA!!!!

Aiyoh. Either your processing got problem, your scanning got problem or your DI got problem.

The exposure is interesting under, to give an overall "funny" feel. But the whitish patch at the right leg seems to form a major distraction and affected the whole feel of the picture. So the picture ain't that well-executed lor. Still, nice idea. Never came across to me that the legs of the jeans could be such interesting subject when the person go up the escalator.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Square crop!! Square crop!!!
    Frame out of frame! Nice!!!
    oh...ya hor! ok ok ...square crop square crop!

Notice to all Users of this Thread...You are invited to come to my house for Hari raya visit...pls make it on a weekend ya...if possible this sunday...if not nx saturday...tmr, i no free...sian sian sian!

Aiyoh. Either your processing got problem, your scanning got problem or your DI got problem.

The exposure is interesting under, to give an overall "funny" feel. But the whitish patch at the right leg seems to form a major distraction and affected the whole feel of the picture. So the picture ain't that well-executed lor. Still, nice idea. Never came across to me that the legs of the jeans could be such interesting subject when the person go up the escalator.
    frankly...it's idea prob...me got little idea on how to do this image. as for the whitish patch on the right leg, i think...it's not balance to those on the left leg. a little too white.

nx time i DI this image again...now...my brain still a little congested with ... "I need more sleep" voices!

Notice to all Users of this Thread...You are invited to come to my house for Hari raya visit...pls make it on a weekend ya...if possible this sunday...if not nx saturday...tmr, i no free...sian sian sian!
    Bish! Last minute then say...

Okay guys! Anyone keen to going to khairi's place to eat baby food?
    If so, could we meet at say 3pm at Khatib MRT? Bring your camera along, so that we could drop by the reservoir near sunset to take some nice scenic photos.

3pm good with you khairi?

Put your name down if you're interested:
    (1) The_Cheat
    (2)
    (3)
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)

frankly...it's idea prob...me got little idea on how to do this image. as for the whitish patch on the right leg, i think...it's not balance to those on the left leg. a little too white.

nx time i DI this image again...now...my brain still a little congested with ... "I need more sleep" voices!
    Still wanna DI an image that you think it has idea prob huh? Just shoot again!! :P

Still wanna DI an image that you think it has idea prob huh? Just shoot again!! :P
    just shoot again?! hmm...IF i get to meet someone with a similar jeans!

i shot that at khatib mrt station somemore! ... and my wife is really angry that i still shoot inside mrt stations!

just shoot again?! hmm...IF i get to meet someone with a similar jeans!

i shot that at khatib mrt station somemore! ... and my wife is really angry that i still shoot inside mrt stations!
    You have every right to shoot; she has every right to be angry, and I have every right to laugh at your plight!

Don't you just love this country?

As for your tickets, it's not just the difference in size, but the angle you shoot and the way you hold it, plus the amount of background you take into the picture.
    Heh heh... Actually it has everything to do with the size... I wanted to do a similar angle to the subway ticket for the bus ticket with the counter that sold the ticket... but due to the length of the ticket, that could not be achieved... I guess you are right about the snapshot part... They do remind me of the time I had in Japan... Fun...

You have every right to shoot; she has every right to be angry, and I have every right to laugh at your plight!

Don't you just love this country?
    haha...i'm loving it!

McDonalds!!!!!!

mayb...today...i break fast with han pao pao!?

aisehman! Snapsnap got some interesting angles lah!!!! hehehe...photo sharing time!!!!

Hoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya ya! I like this one...

Lagi more...

Rainbow bridge

Shingansen

"Uncle class photo"
    Last edited by SnapSnap; 11th November 2005 at 02:19 PM.

Yeah! No one is answering Choy's question!! Yippeee~!

Hmm... you may wanna ask that guy who runs the handphone forum lor. He may know a thing or two...
    but that one probably lost or captured for quarantine.

Hari Raya still on meh?

Okay guys! Anyone keen to going to khairi's place to eat baby food?

send babygerald lor

eh wat babygerald.... when?

Hmm ... dunno whether I can be classified as chio bu! Haha!! Maybe LAO BABE!! (Seriously I hope to STILL look like this when I am 50 plus 60 yrs old ... hahaha!!)
    but i prefer to be a brainy babe - haha!! Very busy so I 'vamoosed' for awhile - and I don't have Internet connection from home - coz place we live still under reno - we call it our 'Installation Art Piece' - Home in Progress!! Haha! Sigh - u know how 'MODERN ART' is nowadays - ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING can be Art - WA LIAW
    Thanks - for the info - NUS student!! Wonder why NUS does not have Religion/Religious Studies Dept - then can 'pao' stuff fr Anthropology / Sociology / Philosophy / Linguistics / Art History etc etc !
    Hmm - what were u arguing abt Christ?
    I just had a MAJOR discussion with one of my profs in the US abt free will in the Bible / Christianity - I don't think there is such a thing. I am brought up as a Christian and baptised etc - but I don't attend church anymore - coz I am not interested in organised religion. Or rather to PRACTICE any form of organised religion. Besides I am interested in ALL religions - just attended a talk organised by ARI (Asia Research Institute) on Religion in the Chinese Context - the prof is my prof's tutor fr Uni of Chicago - very very interesting - he (the speaker) translated 'The Journey To the West' into English and he did some analysis on 'Dream of the Red Chamber' (Hong Lou Meng) - in moments like these - I WISH I CAN READ CHINESE!!
    oh well - that's my rambling thots for today - from a so - called 'chio bu' hahaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mau_lovers
    Hmm ... dunno whether I can be classified as chio bu! Haha!! Maybe LAO BABE!! (Seriously I hope to STILL look like this when I am 50 plus 60 yrs old ... hahaha!!)
    Humble lao chio?
    Man... you sounds like my boss! He's like 50+ and everyone think that he's barely 40! Heck! I think choy looks older than my boss!

Quote Originally Posted by chio_bu
    but i prefer to be a brainy babe - haha!! Very busy so I 'vamoosed' for awhile - and I don't have Internet connection from home - coz place we live still under reno - we call it our 'Installation Art Piece' - Home in Progress!! Haha! Sigh - u know how 'MODERN ART' is nowadays - ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING can be Art - WA LIAW
    Interesting link between a half-renovated house and modern art. Still, I really feel that it's unfair to lump everything into Modern Art just because one couldn't understand it. The feeling is like, this piece of art is rubbish. Let's call it "modern art". Heck! Simply disrespectful to modern art.

Modern art is the nutshell artform that have been totally influenced by postmodernism, which tend to include components of deconstruction. This of course is contradictory, for the genre itself needs to be deconstructed in the first place to even lump the art together.

Thanks - for the info - NUS student!! Wonder why NUS does not have Religion/Religious Studies Dept - then can 'pao' stuff fr Anthropology / Sociology / Philosophy / Linguistics / Art History etc etc !
    Cos there's a lot of dimension within a university? At the student and academics level, probably subjects like religious studies are of interest. But once it goes to the senate level, they will question on how objective this will be, how relevent it is to the society, and what's the potential career path one could take, graduating from that field. And then up one more level to the varsity level, they will have to decide whether there should streamline the departments even more to save on the budget. Up one more level, it will be the constant debate between the government and the uni of what kind of "products" they have to churn in 5, 10, 15, 20 years time.

So why isn't there a religious studies department in NUS? Well, just find one level that could go wrong and voila!

Hmm - what were u arguing abt Christ?
    I just had a MAJOR discussion with one of my profs in the US abt free will in the Bible / Christianity - I don't think there is such a thing. I am brought up as a Christian and baptised etc - but I don't attend church anymore - coz I am not interested in organised religion. Or rather to PRACTICE any form of organised religion. Besides I am interested in ALL religions - just attended a talk organised by ARI (Asia Research Institute) on Religion in the Chinese Context - the prof is my prof's tutor fr Uni of Chicago - very very interesting - he (the speaker) translated 'The Journey To the West' into English and he did some analysis on 'Dream of the Red Chamber' (Hong Lou Meng) - in moments like these - I WISH I CAN READ CHINESE!!
    oh well - that's my rambling thots for today - from a so - called 'chio bu' hahaa!!!
    I'm forever in the midst of argument when it comes to christianity, for literally no one in Singapore understand the what is atheism and what implications it means. And me, having a vested interest in philosophy, love to talk to my friends who are taking the module to see how open-minded they have became. Most often than not, the conservative side got the better of them, and I would just have to emphasis my stance that being christian isn't about being religious (religious in going to churches, taking bible literally, going for organised church activities, etc. etc.), but a more personal and spiritual association/relationship between the christian and god. That often ended up quite ugly, with us not talking for a week or so! Haaa~!