Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 914171819202124294469 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Default Re: chit chat thread #2 (slowest thread ever! ha!)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Hmm... why post here to ask for comments siah? Post it in the critique forum lah! Hahaha~!

Anyway, I think it's really a very good attempt on your part to take a picture that gives a twist to reality, an image that isn't in the normal perceivable perspective. An image like that gives a good correlation between movement and light. The turn to the left, especially, make this image not all that boring.

However, do take note that this kind of "awe" images has to have that kind of punch to get people to be attracted by it. In this case, the punch is lost, mainly since the exposure has too much stray lights, possibly due to overexposure or due to the position where you take the picture. Hence, rather than just focusing on the movement per se, there are too many stray elements present to make this a less than average shot.

Don't be despair though. It's really great to see people take things that they don't usually perceive with our senses (vision or otherwise). In fact, it takes a lot of pre-visualisation in order to know what type of scene have potential, even with the effects in mind. To get great image however, you'll just have to be more meticulous in knowing what possible strays could occur, and eliminate it stepwise. Not easy really in this case, since this type of picture, without any extra subjects to break the scene, dwells more towards the technical side, where little details make or break the picture.
    See, if I posted this in the critique forum, I would not get comments like that... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap
    See, if I posted this in the critique forum, I would not get comments like that... Thanks!
    i agree!

wow....adam can REALLY write!

does anyone know where I can get a blue-tooth plug-in dongle for my Nokia 6100? my other Nokia 6021 is so much more convenient to operate from a laptop, I want to toothify my 6100 too

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    i agree!

wow....adam can REALLY write!

I feel sarcasm.

Haha~! How come I get compliments for suaning people huh? Maybe I should suan more...

I feel sarcasm.
    no sarcasm intended.

its valuable critic wat....we know wat u are like la...tt's y ......

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    its valuable critic wat....we know wat u are like la...tt's y ......
    You know what I'm like? Interesting... I don't even know what I am like lor!

Some bo liao photos from Japan...

Bus ticket

Subway station

Subway ticket

Subway

Somemore...

Adverts in Subway

Market

Shinjuku at night

wohoo....i still remember shinjuku at night...buten when i was there..it was 1am....u will see erhm...diff stuff...hahaha.....

the first few shots u may wanna fix the tones abit... so that the colours are more punchy

cheers

Still somemore...

Carpark

Monk

Map of Roppongi and the camera I bought from a nice gentleman...

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    wohoo....i still remember shinjuku at night...buten when i was there..it was 1am....u will see erhm...diff stuff...hahaha.....

the first few shots u may wanna fix the tones abit... so that the colours are more punchy

cheers
    Different stuff? Depend on which part of Shinjuku you go lah... My wife was with me, so I was not harassed... But the first time I when there, I was there alone and....

Some bo liao photos from Japan...

Subway ticket
    Nice pictures you have there. Not much of a theme per se, but nonetheless quite nice.

I find the above picture especially interesting, in that it seems to involve you more than the other pictures, where you're probably just an onlooker. Of course there's nothing wrong with taking streetshots from a third person point of view, but the feeling of having oneself involve would make a picture slightly more memorable; well, at least more memorable in my books that is. And that's why the picture as shown have captured the element of you holding the tickets out to someone or something. It's a pity of course in this case that there isn't any other subject for you to pass the ticket to. But nonetheless, the idea comes out to be quite nice.

Do take a look at this picture as compared to the bus ticket picture. To me, the involvement of you in the picture of the bus ticket one is not there, while that of the subway is.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    does anyone know where I can get a blue-tooth plug-in dongle for my Nokia 6100? my other Nokia 6021 is so much more convenient to operate from a laptop, I want to toothify my 6100 too
    Yeah! No one is answering Choy's question!! Yippeee~!

Hmm... you may wanna ask that guy who runs the handphone forum lor. He may know a thing or two...

Hmm... anyone took leave to go Changi Airport today to see the Airbus A380?

Nice pictures you have there. Not much of a theme per se, but nonetheless quite nice.

I find the above picture especially interesting, in that it seems to involve you more than the other pictures, where you're probably just an onlooker. Of course there's nothing wrong with taking streetshots from a third person point of view, but the feeling of having oneself involve would make a picture slightly more memorable; well, at least more memorable in my books that is. And that's why the picture as shown have captured the element of you holding the tickets out to someone or something. It's a pity of course in this case that there isn't any other subject for you to pass the ticket to. But nonetheless, the idea comes out to be quite nice.

Do take a look at this picture as compared to the bus ticket picture. To me, the involvement of you in the picture of the bus ticket one is not there, while that of the subway is.
    Yup. No theme except that they are all taken in Japan... The subway ticket is different from the bus ticket mainly because of the length of the ticket... I took these shots so that I can have a record of the things I did in Japan... not much thought went into composing the shots... Just snapshots... However, I remember the I wanted to have a nice background that will remind me of the train for the subway ticket... Maybe I should start thinking about the composition a little more...

Yeah! No one is answering Choy's question!! Yippeee~!

Hmm... you may wanna ask that guy who runs the handphone forum lor. He may know a thing or two...
    Because my teeth are white/ slightly yellowish... no blue colour toothie...

Yup. No theme except that they are all taken in Japan... The subway ticket is different from the bus ticket mainly because of the length of the ticket... I took these shots so that I can have a record of the things I did in Japan... not much thought went into composing the shots... Just snapshots... However, I remember the I wanted to have a nice background that will remind me of the train for the subway ticket... Maybe I should start thinking about the composition a little more...
    As long as it pleases you, a shot - even if it's a composition disaster, is still a good shot. Snapshot or not, it all depends on how the photographer will it to be, how it's delivered, and how the viewer see it as. A passport photo of a loved one may be just a standard snapshot to most people, but are usually so meaningful to the photographer that it has a meaning beyond just a snapshot. Similarly, your shots in Japan ain't just snapshots to you, but are trigger to pleasant memories of your trip, of the sight and sound. Frankly, once you have a reason to take a certain photo, no matter how badly it's executed, it's no longer a snapshot. At least it won't be a snapshot to you.

To convince people otherwise, is however a totally different game altogether. And usually it would boil down to "good" composition and "good" representation. But beware not to be too dogmatic about everything, else a good picture will be just as soon forgotten as most other good pictures.

As for your tickets, it's not just the difference in size, but the angle you shoot and the way you hold it, plus the amount of background you take into the picture.

aisehman! Snapsnap got some interesting angles lah!!!! hehehe...photo sharing time!!!!

Hoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com