Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Born Baby

Default Re: New Born Baby

Quote Originally Posted by burger
    i think you need to have a work with the gynae about all this. one thing for sure, you would not want your equipment to be in the way of the medical team. you could enjoy the moment and even do the homours of cutting the umblical cord. the pictures can come later when the baby is all cleaned up.
    Burger... maybe you are right cos I will be holding my wife's hands to support and encourage her... so the camera may be in the way. Sigh... and i thought i was a journalist man. I am a father.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbuff
    I have not. Do u mean to say its very squeezy?
    Not very, but if you put a tripod closer, how people move around to assist you wife? and without the rise of topper you tripod?

If you put tripod far away, you are shooting the back of people, what the point of having a video?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    looks like got lots of details not ironed out yet. betta find out more, give tt place a recce.
    Hahhah, do you think anyone can just walk in deliver suite? even it is empty?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Have you been to deliver suite before?
    U say leh?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

i guess not. but really hav no idea , i m not yet a father/ husband.

lol, i really dun want my baby to see me like that. Dun want to shock her. hahaha
    Baby canít see clearly at that stage, anyway everyone looks like alien to her.

congrats!
    how about getting a samsung digital cam that has a detectable len. that way your hands are free.
    http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/d...t/vp_x110l.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    congrats!
    how about getting a samsung digital cam that has a detectable len. that way your hands are free.
    http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/d...t/vp_x110l.asp
    That's a great idea but let me do my sums first. Was saving for a new lens. Any idea how much it costs?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    U say leh?
    You din tell me how would I know, but a delivery suite is full of medical equipments, it is not wise to put a tripod inside the room.

And it serves no purpose except obstruct traffic.

just sign up for those hospital tours, definitely can see the room

Burger... maybe you are right cos I will be holding my wife's hands to support and encourage her... so the camera may be in the way. Sigh... and i thought i was a journalist man. I am a father.
    more likely she will be holding and squeezing the life out of your hand.

congrats and enjoy fatherhood, especially the late nite feeds

Hi Folks

I am going to be a father in a week or 2 and I am contemplating taking photos of my baby when she "emerges" from her mummy (that is if I dont faint first). Anyone of you has any experience? I am not sure whether the hospital allows in the first place.

Thanks....
    congrats! my baby was born at gleneagles almost 1 year ago. when i saw the blood...i felt dizziness and stooped down and breathe hard (that's why i didn't dare to even apply for med fac). the mid wife saw it, and went out....then i heard laughters outside!!!! so paiseh that i didn't dare to walk out for a while!!!

anyway, gleneagles allow cameras....u can even do video. and don't use flash or bright lightings....cos i'm not sure about the effects on babies' eyes. prepare everything before hand...even the camera and batteries and memory cards....u'll be so gan-cheong on that day!!!

remember the stage 1,2,3,4 breathing methods!!! ur wife will forget it during that time....u have to remember.

all d best 2 Digitalbuff in his photo shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by burger
    just sign up for those hospital tours, definitely can see the room
    Yes, have hospital tours to sign up, I know KK have, not sure about others, anyway been to old and new KK hospital delivery suites before.

My cousin try to photograph the birth of his second son, with two camera, end up miss lots of action and a lens cap.

So my advice to you is to keep it simple, anyway use wide angle, you can shoot with one hand.
    Last edited by catchlights; 2nd November 2005 at 04:30 PM.

1st Congrats.
    2nd Try to put your camera by your side, because once the doc say it is time, everything will go very fast. if not it is very boring when waiting.
    So get your camera prepared.
    3rd My theory is not to use flash on my son. So it is up to you, if you don't use any flash, you might need to push your ISO a bit.

Photography aside, your main task in that room is to give your wife full support, don't forget that.

Enjoy....

first, congrats on you new add. to your family.

I would suggest that you check with your wife's gyne. I'm sure you're not the first father who wants to shoot the arrival of his newborn and the gyne will be able to give you enough info about the delivery suites and what you can or can't do/bring with you. Some gyne may even be able to get a bigger delivery suite so that there is more space to move about without the add cost. But remember, your main concern there is your wife, everything else is sec.

Shooting video is good. I saw a video of my friend's delivery a few years back and she was screaming all the way. She was shouting at her husband " you bloody idoit!! I hope you die and come back a woman!!!" amount other things All of us had a good laugh watching it. And when the baby finally came and she was carrying it, it was the most touching sight. Some of the ladies watching it started having wet eyes.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

brudder....heres a suggestion.

get 2 monopods. one for ur cam and one for your videocam. use cable tie and tie to one of the metal racks to support them. set ur video cam to record. pre focus your cam (use PnS cos of huggeeee DOF), then use remote control to keep taking as the baby is being delivered.

tt way u can hoold ur wife's hand at the same time

just a suggestion la. im only 21 so i dunno anyhting abt delivery wards yet

btw, congrats. make sure u apply for baby bonus

congrats, i took photo also...but was told not to do it during the actual delivery but after it.

Hi Folks

I am going to be a father in a week or 2 and I am contemplating taking photos of my baby when she "emerges" from her mummy (that is if I dont faint first). Anyone of you has any experience? I am not sure whether the hospital allows in the first place.

Thanks....
    What took you so long?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast