Thread: So how do you plan you "abuse" your Sanyo 2500s?

Question So how do you plan you "abuse" your Sanyo 2500s?

Collected from AhV already. Thanks. So what's next?

My plan: discharge/charge cycle 3 times, then let one set stand for 7 days, the other set 12 days. My Konnoc (what a name) batts could hold charge for 10+ days, and the previous Sanyo batts went completely flat after 3, so we'll see how the new Sanyos go.

Maybe we'll share our testing methods and results here?
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Default Re: So how do you plan you "abuse" your Sanyo 2500s?

time to buy this new toy that tells u the actual capacity of the battery...very itchy to get one.... my replaced sets are manufactured october 2005, can others confirm?

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/l...ry_charger.php
    Last edited by user12343; 1st November 2005 at 01:56 PM.

Lightbulb Re: So how do you plan you "abuse" your Sanyo 2500s?

i plan to hook the 8 batteries up and connect wires to it and 'electrocute' an elephant. haha!

yo people .....dun be too affected by the batch numbers .... There are useful data or info ..no doubt about that

However, if your new samples perform well, KUDOS to SANYO for their damage control and prompt corrective action...

Abuse them and Keep Shooting !!!!

Cheers dudes !

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i plan to hook the 8 batteries up and connect wires to it and 'electrocute' an elephant. haha!
    Make sure you fry it. The elephant WILL REMEMBER you. Ha..haha...

Quote Originally Posted by hyperFocal
    Make sure you fry it. The elephant WILL REMEMBER you. Ha..haha...
    if not Om bak will find you...

huh? where to replace? that is good news if i can get mine exchanged as they discharge like nobody's business.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    huh? where to replace? that is good news if i can get mine exchanged as they discharge like nobody's business.
    If you didn't get into AhV's original list, then i suggest contacting Sanyo yourself. Try the web, i'm sure you can get their contact information.

Ya,

I also missed the AHV "boat" I just sent Sanyo a message via their website. Dunno if they will reply? I also sent AHV a PM but I think he is busy. Is there any direct guy we can call in Sanyo? I actually gave up using rechargeables cuz I thought it was normal....

Actually this was quite irritating. I think I just wasted all my money buying Sanyo batteries and Charger. If it is a problem batch, they should have a recall and a WELL PUBLICISED contact to get our batteries exchanged rather than rely on AHV...
    Last edited by wind30; 4th November 2005 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Ya,

I also missed the AHV "boat" I just sent Sanyo a message via their website. Dunno if they will reply? I also sent AHV a PM but I think he is busy. Is there any direct guy we can call in Sanyo? I actually gave up using rechargeables cuz I thought it was normal....

Actually this was quite irritating. I think I just wasted all my money buying Sanyo batteries and Charger. If it is a problem batch, they should have a recall and a WELL PUBLICISED contact to get our batteries exchanged rather than rely on AHV...
    well, this is what Sanyo is investigating right now by sending in the la sai batteries back to Japan to find out whats the cause. They have done what they could to control the damage ,before finding out the root of the problem by offering CSers the 1 for 1 exchange of the la sai batteries. Cheers to Sanyo for damage control. Guess they need abit of time

Thumbs up Re: So how do you plan you "abuse" your Sanyo 2500s?

OK, so here's what happened so far.

Put the Sanyo2500s through 3 discharge/charge cycles (using Konnoc KCR-A099 charger), then left them alone for 6 days.

On the 7th day, loaded them into my flashgun and fired more than 100 bursts with it. Left them in the flashgun for another 2 days, then fired approx 30-40 bursts, then the following day, another 10+ bursts. At last use, no low-batt indicator.

Time from last charge till last use is approx 12 days.

This is a drastic improvement compared to my original set, which would discharge itself and run completely flat and become un-useable less than 3 days after charging.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman

Put the Sanyo2500s through 3 discharge/charge cycles (using Konnoc KCR-A099 charger), then left them alone for 6 days.

On the 7th day, loaded them into my flashgun and fired more than 100 bursts with it. Left them in the flashgun for another 2 days, then fired approx 30-40 bursts, then the following day, another 10+ bursts. At last use, no low-batt indicator.

This is a drastic improvement compared to my original set, which would discharge itself and run completely flat and become un-useable less than 3 days after charging.

hey !

thanks for sharing.. just did some exchange this evening...... so far, sounds pretty good

Question Re: So how do you plan you "abuse" your Sanyo 2500s?

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman

The SAME set of batts in my flashgun gave another 150+ bursts yesterday, and shows no signs of quitting yet! That's more than 2 weeks after being charged!

However, now I've got two questions on my mind:

1) Exactly what was the problem with the previous batch? And more importantly;

2) Will Sanyo do a product recall? How can I be assured that the next set of Sanyo batts I purchase aren't the same old dud ones?