I'm planning a trip up to Finland and Sweden in search of Aurora Borealis towards the end of March. This was a last minute arrangement and there's an ocean of information available on the Internet, not sure where to start. I'll appreciate deeply for any advice given or itinerary shared, including the kind of lens and filters that I'll need to bring over.
Some key data points that I'm working around:
- booked my 1-night stay in Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort (staying in a big glass Igloo) to see Aurora Borealis in the comfort of a heated glass Igloo (I hope)
- booked my 2-night stay in Ivalo for more Aurora Borealis hunting
- the above are mainly night activities, so I may explore some daytime activities like husky rides, visit to the reindeers, santa's village (yah, I know he's not there)
- it's mainly for the ice-hotel but I heard I can also caught a glimpse of the Northern Lights there?
- perhaps the treehotel if I still have time
looking at around 2 weeks (12 days) of activities.
Many thanks in advance!