Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Set

Default Re: Set

dedicated macro - tamron SP90mm around $500 2nd hand.

combo zoom + macro - sigma 70-300mm APO DG around $320 new MSColor. can do 1:2 macro

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    ....k thanks guys...any way....my prefered pics would be on scenery n flowers(not those macro macro type)...but wad kind of lens can zoom like macro lens eg to see e bug yet no need that ex?!! ....kit lens cant zoom that much also....lastly KM 5D not bad is just the hand grip to protuding.....
    i think you are confusing between a macro lens and a zoom lens. a lens which does not zoom at all (a prime lens) can also be a macro lens. a wide angle lens (that takes scenery) can also be a macro lens. conversely, many big zoom lenses cannot do macro. macro lenses are distinguished by the fact that they can focus on objects which are close to the lens (of course there are other qualitative differences as well but..)

i suggest you browse through websites like www.pbase.com and search through their camera database where you can look at pictures taken by various lenses. this will help you in determining what kind of lenses would be good for you. once you know that, you will get tons of help from all the other pros around here
    me still newbie so this is all i know

....k thanks guys...any way....my prefered pics would be on scenery n flowers(not those macro macro type)...but wad kind of lens can zoom like macro lens eg to see e bug yet no need that ex?!! ....kit lens cant zoom that much also....lastly KM 5D not bad is just the hand grip to protuding.....
    zoom and magnification is quite different ... do a search

ok thanks guys.....hmm so best ill be something like nikon d50 n sigma 70-300...?what other stuff shld i gt?

ok thanks guys.....hmm so best ill be something like nikon d50 n sigma 70-300...?what other stuff shld i gt?
    really depends ...

anyways if u're going with the dark side ..(i.e. Nikon) .. and planning on getting a D50, stick with the kit lens and maybe get the sigma 70-300 dg macro lens ... and maybe a close up filter ... a +2 should be enough ... [macro gurus pls help?]

don't forget that u still need memory card and probably a flash too ...

Don'r forget tripod, flash etc

no....cant...kit lens suck...only 18-55...shoot nthing.....
    what budgetted macro lenses are good?....btw....why sim lime sell d50 for as low as 1100 whereas best n harvey norman sell at 1488??...is it safe to buy??
    Uhh what's wrong with the kit lens? Have you used it before and you can't shoot anything with it? the 18-55 is equivalent to about 27- 82.5mm on the D50. It usually is sufficient for general use, travel photography and street shooting. There's is always the option of moving around or getting closer to the subject. I had used the Nikon F65 slr with a 28-80 lens and a 70 - 300mm lens for about 4 years, and most of the time, I used the 28-80 mm lens for my travel photography. I have been using the D50 with the kit lens for the past few months and it certainly suits my use, and I got plenty of photographs. Hardly used my 70-300 mm lens at all. I don't think I am being defensive, cause i am using the D50 with a kit lens. Never had any problem with my Nikon cameras yet, so never did need to go back to Nikon Singapore for servicing so far, and of course, i had only used 3 Nikon cameras so far, so may not tell much, but Nikon cameras are so far quite reputable and reliable.

Certainly, it also depends on what kind of photographs you are going to shoot?

Regarding the price, check out the conditions stated.

The camera with the lens is but a tool for the photographer. A poor carpenter blames his tools.
    Last edited by blive; 3rd November 2005 at 11:13 PM.

k thanks guys...may reconsider e 70-300 lens le....
    sorry to bother u all but could some1 give a list of stuff i shld get??

eg, d50
    tripod
    ...flash..

etc etc..pls state model n price....thanks again....just to confirm again...kit lens can zoom far or not?......is hw much optical zoom huh?....can convert like that? n whats min macro range??

hi,
    i dont want to sound condescending but just consider whether you really need a DSLR. are you using a p&s now? and if so, what are the things in it that you dont like? do you find yourself restricted by the zoom rang of your current camera? is it that you want to shoot macros and are unable to do so with your current camera?

if you are not sure and still want to go ahead and buy the D50 i would advice you to just buy the kit package (since body only is not available!). the package will include a 1GB SD card. dont buy anything else for the time being (battery, lens, etc.) and just start shooting with the kit lens. start buying lenses when you know exactly what kind of lens you want.

for names of shops and rates you can refer to http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=151190

erm....actualyl just get another batt la. get from eastgear. cheap and good. or buy online from sterlingtek (not sure abt the webby).

don get anything else first.

get a 2nd hadn D50 and shoot with it and find ur style

If you die, die want to get the D50 noone's going to stop you.
    We can only voice out our opinions but it's all up to you.
    For prices take a look at this thread in the Nikon sub-forum as a guide on how much you're going to spend on the D50 kit and other lenses and flash.
    A good tripod and head may cost $200++.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=151190

And of course, if you decide to get 2nd hand ones or sell them later on .... there's always the Buy and Sell forum.

Blog Entries

not to forget a dry cabi and a bag to bring all your new toys around.

k thanks guys.....so ill stick to kit plus a dri bag....gt 1 sony tripod liao...

my p&s cam is casio EX-Z50.....very noisy,lcd screen also noisy, even at ISO 50..
    zoom is poor whole picture even more noise when zoomed in....

therefore biggest prob= NOISE!! ...

thanks again guys

eh don play play with ur sony tripod. may not be strong enough

Talking Re: Set

haha

lol... why spend $$ get a dSLR then use a "branded" sony tripod?
    hmmmm the head is unlikely to be strong enough.. then the tripod will start slipping during images..
    haha feels like putting buying a ferrari then putting normal street tires on it.. can run but.. wasted right

hmmm have you done your research on the noise levels of the various dSLRs? if not I think you should. If noise is the only reason you are thinking of moving to dSLR, you might want to consider 350D..

Quoting you, "zoom is poor"
    ??????????

anyway basic things you might need:
    cir pol (lol have fun paying for this)
    good tripod + head (assuming seriously doing landscape)
    spare battery
    camera bag to carry the things
    a good UV filter for each lens
    flash
    remote trigger
    rechargable batteries for flash
    charger for flash batteries

thank you!...just realised...tripod hand lose liao...slanted...sian....btw romote shld be cheap rite?

thank you!...just realised...tripod hand lose liao...slanted...sian....btw romote shld be cheap rite?
    romote control ah? you know how to search?

Err... Sometimes I just dun seem to get you. Pls dun say i suan you, but you relate one thing to another very abruptly. Why dun you search the web or something like that?

Btw, a remote costs around $15. (for your case)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast