Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is photography an "IN" thing amongst youths?

its up to camera manufacturers to design a 'hip' camera.

(1) autofocus assist lamp must be a 'blue light'
    (2) instead of in focus 'beep' confirmation or shutter sounds, camera can play customised tunes like 'lemon tree'.

blinky lights!! you must have the blinky lights!!

JaDe
    Guests

Even Ayumi hamasaki advertised for canon (is it) n still no youth giv a hick bout tat...
    They juz go "wow looks cool..." n there they go 4get about it...they only dig at chicks n stuff tat attract young ignorant chicks (Piercings, phone, skateboardin, beach games or expensive clothings)

I think we shouldnt ask if it is the "IN" thing or not. Perhaps we should ask if they are able to appreciate the feeling of getting a great snapshot.

I suppose that these people are still young and you need to have a certain level of maturity in you to appreciate all the slower and finer things in life. I have no doubt that some of these kidz will move on and join our photographic fratenity in time to come.

As for the comparisons of price, I will say that it is unfair to compare the price of a bike, or any other things, to a camera. It's really a personal thing. I also spend alot on my mountain bike as I really do feel the joy and sense of satisfaction when biking off-road as I would when I get a great snap shot.

But 1 complaint, photography is indeed more expensive as every squeeze on the shutter release will cost you approximately 70 cents.

Just my 2 cents worth of rubbish....

Haha...I'd like to think visiting Clubsnap forums regularly is an "IN" thing with the community here!

Originally posted by erwinx
    its up to camera manufacturers to design a 'hip' camera.

(1) autofocus assist lamp must be a 'blue light'
    (2) instead of in focus 'beep' confirmation or shutter sounds, camera can play customised tunes like 'lemon tree'.
    and must be able to add stupid neoprint decors to the picture in-camera, and have Snake...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by YSLee
    blinky lights!! you must have the blinky lights!!
    Like those found on the back of handphones?

YS.. if i didn't know better, i would say you're a techno ah beng in disguise!

Kidding!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Hehe, no, but I have beng friends, so I know the mentality. BLINKY LIGHTS!!

Sorry folks, I think camera manufacturers shld stick to what they do now, improve their camera and not "prostitute" themselves by coming out with cam that have blinky lights, melodies, exchangable covers and snake games...

Youngsters shld learn how to appreciate a great shot on a cam, and the discipline that goes into photography. If they enjoy landscape photography, let them immerse themselves in the awe of nature, if they enjoy animal photography, let them practice patience and so on...

JaDe
    Guests

What matters to camera manufacturers is tat they make money...
    IF the ideas would attract more customers n if technology allows...they might juz do it...
    Juz like 7650 !
    Hahaha...

Ok, in that case, Nikon, Canon etc shld have two sets of the same cameras. One in serious black or silver, with no frills and the other in exchangeable covers, melodies, blinky lights, games and whatever...

JaDe
    Guests

Perhaps so....
    blinky lights are not neccessary...
    but more features make it more 'interesting' to alot others..
    hahaha...

LoL! this blinky light thing is damm funny!

Hehe, no, but I have beng friends, so I know the mentality. BLINKY LIGHTS!!
    Next thing i know you will tell me is that some techno anthem should be played!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

B L I N K Y L I G H T S ! ! ! ! ! !

JaDe
    Guests

Actually the blinky lights imposed by bengs is because they wan attention...they are lone individuals who loves attention n companionship..whereas for techno athems is because it's usally music played in places they regulate which is disco n places with dancefloor...

i also dun think it's a "IN" thing in youth.....
    like me...i wanted to try photography..but i just cant afford those good high end digicam....so end up buying a Panasonic LC20...i wanna try out my skill and learn as i shoot on a lower end camera..cause i am afraid that if i buy a high end model i may end u taking lousy pic cause i dun know how to use the setting...

Mokole
    Guests

Hey, the blinkie lights are the deciding factor in any purchase!!!!!!!!!!!

The camera should ideally match the rest of the gadgets like laptop, palmtop and handphone. In the end I settled for a Nikon 2500. Small, silver (mostly) and has the red flashy light when you put the timer on (not that I use the timer all that often).

But really, it takes pictures, and it serves its purpose. Good enough really. The only reason I'll pay $2000 for a camera is if it came with lights that flashed in 7 different colors.

B L I N K Y L I G H T S ! ! ! ! ! !
    the beng has spoken once again despite denials.

i have a couple of friends (early twenties) who became interested in photography recently. wonder is it because we are getting older?

// ashrobo

Oi!! ME NOT A BENG!! I STRESS, I'M NOT A BENG!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast