Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo shoot for Food

Default Re: Photo shoot for Food

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    how much is that ar?

cos i in the verge of changing system, then if get nikon, 1st lens would be that...
    About $1700 brand new, 2nd hand market about $1200 if you're lucky cos not many folks sell that lens.

If you're using the Canon system, the 90mm TS-E is about the same price.

correction, Nikkor's lens is about $1800 for brand new, a bit more pricey than the Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by canturn
    correction, Nikkor's lens is about $1800 for brand new, a bit more pricey than the Canon.
    how many T/S lens are there for Canon? i know Nikon only have that 1 & only 1..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    how many T/S lens are there for Canon? i know Nikon only have that 1 & only 1..
    24, 45 and 90. For food, probably 90 is most feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by canturn
    24, 45 and 90. For food, probably 90 is most feasible.
    nice combo... 24 for landscape, 45 for midrange, 90 for product shoot...

i guess 24 must be damn expensive... are they L lens by chance?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in getting the ice cream pix up. I have uploaded them in Member's Gallery. Think you have to search under my nick to find it. Please comment.

Thanks for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Blue
    Hi guys, sorry for the delay in getting the ice cream pix up. I have uploaded them in Member's Gallery. Think you have to search under my nick to find it. Please comment.

Thanks for everything.
    Get your exposure correct first. Highlights are over blown. Background still too busy although you are aperture is wide open. Colours of the food are slightly off.......

Buy from phoon huat....they have everything there.................they have their own shortening but crisco is better...they also sell crisco brand shortening there too. Crisco colour is better than phoon huat's one. Those who shoot food stuff should visit their stores....fantastic. They have almost everything there for baking, dairy and ice cream products. Very niche concept.
    If you want to try wipped potato...they hvae potato wpoder ....just add hot water and you get your wipped potato...you can alos buy colour there too....also glazing solution to amke your products glow.

vince123123
    Guests

The chocolate and mango shots look a little weird.

The strawberry one and vanilla one can still pass :P

Thanks for everything.

when i first read the thread title, i thot someone wants to be paid with food for photo shoot.

Not bad I must say.
    Pretty good effort and nice shots you got.
    Care to share how you did it?

Thanks for everything.

I used a 60mm micro lense (ratio 1:1)with a 500watt lamp set at about half power.

I dug at the ice cream to get a little of the texture of the ice cream. Then tried to get as much detail as I can. I delibrately let the background show a little as a contrast to the ice cream.

Those were real ice cream, so I had to shoot real fast. And it helps that my friend actually made those and had lots to spare. But there were all the friends and relatives of my friend there to see the shooting, so they help eat the ice cream that were just starting to melt.

Of course it also help that I used a digital camera instead of film becasue I shot like about 200 frames. And I could test different angles to see which would look better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12