Thread: polarizer size/brand for 28mm lens without vignetting

Default polarizer size/brand for 28mm lens without vignetting

as titled.

also, anyone tried holding the polarizer infront of the camera taking photos, did it go well?

Default Re: polarizer size/brand for 28mm lens without vignetting

if u oni using 1 filter & its d same size as d thread it will not vignet. i hav often stacked 2 filters when shooting tt wide.

that was a quick reply. thanks!

If the camera dosent have any thread? so would it be correct to say, that the smaller the polarizer the less incidence of vignetting?

if ur using a 1.3/1.5/1.6x crop camera, i think u can safely stack 2 filters on top of each other without vignetting, even with a 18-55mm kit lens.

u can do the same for FF cameras for as long as it is not wider than 28mm. 24mm will start to vignette

Quote Originally Posted by stupidlammer

If the camera dosent have any thread? so would it be correct to say, that the smaller the polarizer the less incidence of vignetting?

no thread? how u going 2 use d filter?

Quote Originally Posted by stupidlammer

No thread??? I take it you might mean a point & shoot camera? I have done that often with my point & shoot SonyS70 & Nikon 990. I have had my SLRs' polarisers for years and to actually buy one to fit those P&S camera was just not worth it...so I would hold my 52mm polariser to the front of my P&S.

The only problem you will face is that, you can't hardly see or adjust the effect properly since most P&S camera uses a difference viewer to the actual lens that capture the image( at least when I was using those camera in my time) But as more P&S camera starts to use the CCD to send the view to you LCD screen and stop including a real viewfinder you might be able to use that LCD screen to monitor the effects instead. But personally I think the LCD screen is too small to show you much details to fine tune the polariser plus too small let you focus your image 100% sharp where you want it. But yes..it can be done... holding the polariser to the P&S camera's lens. To manual adjust, hold the polariser to your eye and same height as your lens. Adjust the effect, then transfer the filter to your lens heheh...troublesome I know...
    Last edited by sammy888; 31st October 2005 at 09:47 AM.

How bout using a normal CP at 10mm + 1.6x FOV? Will the vignett be very obvious? Any sample from anyone out there?