Thread: any electric guitarists here? need advice.

Default any electric guitarists here? need advice.

hey guys. ive been an acoustic rhythm guitarist for my church for the past 6 years. i have an electric guitar that i have neglected all this while. its a yamaha RGX121 with a pickup changed to Dimarzio X2N.

the thing is, i want to start playing elect again. but the problem is that i have NO pedals at all. im looking to use it for my church's Christmas service just to try sth different.

i am hoping that i can get some pedal recommendations here.

i need a simple pedal which will allow me to do a few simple things..nothing too fancy. my Christian music influences include Hillsong, Lincoln Brewster, Delirious. prob need sth that can give me basic distortion, compression clean, chorus, reverb. delay or flanger would be nice. (:

i was thinking of the new behringer GDI 21 as i dont want to spend too much. the new behringer pedals are priced very comfortably for me. would the GDI 21 serve my purposes well? how bout the TO100?

i know i cant have everything in one pedal. its like asking for ISO6400 without noise + 8.5fps frame rate + 200mb buffer on a 350D

im seriously considering the GDI 21. would appreciate if some gurus here can help me with recommending other models.

thanks guys ")

Default Re: any electric guitarists here? need advice.

Hello!

I use a Boss MT-2 for my church practice. I got it second hand for $90. It's abit on the 'metal side' (hence the name) but I adjust the distortion till it fits the tune we need. Sounds good, another one I initially wanted to get (before I entered photography) was the Boss DS1. It's a 'lighter' version of the MT-2, but you can do amazing stuff with it. Boss makes good pedals. They're of like, all metal construction, so they don't break easily and the pedals are big, so you can't miss when you stomp (something which I do often, hehehe). If you've extra cash, maybe you can consider a Line6, it's a multi-effects pedal, so yeah. A POD 2.0 would do great.

Try checking out www.bossus.com for more details, they even have demo recordings for that particular pedal so you can hear what it can do.
    Last edited by LordAeRo; 30th October 2005 at 05:34 PM.

you might like to check out www.soft.com.sg the people there should be able to help you select what you want. even swee lee advertise there!

wahh metalzone. i did try it before when i first got my elec. nearly got chased out of church

haha...
    Dark Side.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    wahh metalzone. i did try it before when i first got my elec. nearly got chased out of church

Deregistered

BOSS GT-8

Consider the ibanez tubescreamers , its worth gold esp for church music imo , because it helps to curb and enhance your tone.

MT-2 for church music? need to push up the mids and lower the treble unless u are playing for metal church . MT-2 + GE-7 EQ + your hi output X2N = awesome combo, confirm can get In Flames, Metallica sound.

Last edited by icarus; 31st October 2005 at 07:33 AM.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

haha....hmm metallica. :P

anyone used the behringers?

Deregistered

forget Behringhers lah.

its a crappy brand that always fail & is super noisy

Sansamp GT2 anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    Sansamp GT2 anyone?
    Nice.. i like the GT2.. Can get petrucci sound if u set it up correctly (of course if u have a basswood body setup with Dimarzio Air Norton and Steve's Special, it will be even killer!)!!
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

the ibanez tube screamers are the answer honestly.