Thread: Home Studio Kit on eBay

Default Home Studio Kit on eBay

Hi mates,

I'm looking to set up a home studio for personal use, and have the intention to spend as little as possible.

I found the continuous light kit on eBay for relatively cheap. I would like to know if anyone has tried them, and if they do give a bang for your buck. On this note, is a 150W sufficient for a portrait shot?

Other recommendations on setting up a home studio for cheap are much welcomed too.

Default Re: Home Studio Kit on eBay

Probably cheapest home studio set up is a good window and a reflector. You'd be amazed at what can be done with just that. Also you could get a cheap flash flipper (here) and get a hammerhead right over the top of your lens. You get butterfly lighting like this. Look here for more basic information.

I am good at cheap!!! lol
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 8th February 2016 at 02:49 PM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

if you are referring to this type of lighting kit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/675W-2x33-Ph...oAAOSwYHxWOBFl

it can be enough if you shoot small tiny objects or very close up shot of a single person, like head and shoulder shot.
    it won't be enough if you intent to shoot large object or a person in full length, unless you don't mind using very high ISO, or slow shutter speed, or large aperture setting or in 2 or 3 combination setting.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I think you can get a 2nd hand studio strobe light like godox for pretty good price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IWasEatingAndThen View Post
    Hi mates,

I'm looking to set up a home studio for personal use, and have the intention to spend as little as possible.

I found the continuous light kit on eBay for relatively cheap. I would like to know if anyone has tried them, and if they do give a bang for your buck. On this note, is a 150W sufficient for a portrait shot?

Other recommendations on setting up a home studio for cheap are much welcomed too.
    Even for static product shoot two softboxes with 4x135w bulbs each is barely enough. For portraits you need a great deal more power.