Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: New lenses coming this Nov '05

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    GagalandCloud9
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: New lenses coming this Nov '05

    My old quote for this was $17XX.
    Waiting for new price. patience

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serene
    Whoa, I did not know the responses are so quick - especially so quick to ask me to "tompang" (for those who don't know Singlish - this means 'by the way help me to carry')
    BTW, out of curiosity in view of your responses, what is the street price of this pair of lenses? Not to disappoint, I will not be going to Japan this year probably next spring...

    "tompang" i think its a malay word.

    serene, before u make any MO, pls check the weight of the lenses. i dun think ur size can carry 5 - 10 ZD50-200mm lenses in a bag, not unless u have been body building all this while. inspired by jo jo sinclair?

  3. #23

    Default Re: New lenses coming this Nov '05

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsmoker
    hmm. it says 104,700(yen).abt 1,518.92 SGD and dunno wat else.
    http://www.yodobashi.com/enjoy/more/.../13100318.html
    haha..not bad cia.. i reach their main page alreadi blur....cannot even find Olympus

  4. #24

    Default Re: New lenses coming this Nov '05

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    "tompang" i think its a malay word.

    serene, before u make any MO, pls check the weight of the lenses. i dun think ur size can carry 5 - 10 ZD50-200mm lenses in a bag, not unless u have been body building all this while. inspired by jo jo sinclair?
    Dearest Nightpiper,

    Tsk tsk - when did I indicate my interest to be a tompang queen.
    Jo Jo Sinclair - btw, she's not very big size you know - she looks quite normal though a bit "choloh" (aka 'rough'). No, I definitely don't want to end up looking like her because of carrying the 50-200mm. BTW, Yodobashi does not give the best prices - I gave up checking on them a long time ago - I understand that there are many 2nd hand shops in Japan and the quality is not bad given that the Japanese take good care of their items. I need to scour around one of these days.. But Ogisaku is my fav... check out www.ogisaku.com. The owner himself replied my mails - the customer service is first rate.

  5. #25

    Default Re: New lenses coming this Nov '05

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsmoker
    I really dont understand hows their transaction like.
    Saw something like 20%, 10% ....

    Anyone can enlighten?
    The price quoted is after 20%. On top of this, they give members a 10% rebate - If I am not wrong, the amount is credited to the Yodobashi card to be used redemption points for new purchases.

  6. #26

    Default Re: New lenses coming this Nov '05

    Hi Serene,

    Maybe u can't carry 5 units of 50-200 lenses but definately can carry 1 unit of 50mm
    Macro, right ? Been eyeing on this one for very very long time liao...

    As for the 50-200mm, it like a white elephant to me at the moment cos seldom use it
    unless for concert shooting and so torturing to my wrist after using it without tripod.

  7. #27

    Default Re: New lenses coming this Nov '05

    hi guys, a small correction here, it's "tumpang"

    So, the price of 50-200 still 'rock-solid'. I'm waiting for the local vendors to offer lower price before getting one.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiez
    Hi Serene,

    Maybe u can't carry 5 units of 50-200 lenses but definately can carry 1 unit of 50mm
    Macro, right ? Been eyeing on this one for very very long time liao...

    As for the 50-200mm, it like a white elephant to me at the moment cos seldom use it
    unless for concert shooting and so torturing to my wrist after using it without tripod.

    come drool with me... in the mean time, sell me the ZD50-200mm cheap cheap. S$1000 can?

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serene
    Dearest Nightpiper,

    Tsk tsk - when did I indicate my interest to be a tompang queen.
    Jo Jo Sinclair - btw, she's not very big size you know - she looks quite normal though a bit "choloh" (aka 'rough'). No, I definitely don't want to end up looking like her because of carrying the 50-200mm. BTW, Yodobashi does not give the best prices - I gave up checking on them a long time ago - I understand that there are many 2nd hand shops in Japan and the quality is not bad given that the Japanese take good care of their items. I need to scour around one of these days.. But Ogisaku is my fav... check out www.ogisaku.com. The owner himself replied my mails - the customer service is first rate.

    erh... didn't say u tumpang queen but what u wrote sounds like u intend to do MO mah.

    anyway, Jo Jo Sinclair although small size but her muscle will make any ave Joe like me hide one corner in shame... *sob*

    will visit the site u gave & see got any good deals or not. doumo arigatou gozaimasu!!

  10. #30

    Default Re: New lenses coming this Nov '05

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    come drool with me... in the mean time, sell me the ZD50-200mm cheap cheap. S$1000 can?
    sorry nightpiper, i still can't decide whether to keep it or to sell....if i were to sell it, i'm sure
    i'll miss it when going to concerts....

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cookiez
    sorry nightpiper, i still can't decide whether to keep it or to sell....if i were to sell it, i'm sure
    i'll miss it when going to concerts....

    SELL ME LAH!!!

  12. #32

    Default Re: New lenses coming this Nov '05

    Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    erh... didn't say u tumpang queen but what u wrote sounds like u intend to do MO mah.

    anyway, Jo Jo Sinclair although small size but her muscle will make any ave Joe like me hide one corner in shame... *sob*

    will visit the site u gave & see got any good deals or not. doumo arigatou gozaimasu!!
    Hi Nightpiper,

    MO is not easy to arrange coz this item is big and expensive. Let see if I can get hold of it next year. BTW, the 35mm macro is selling for around $400 in Japan - not sure if this is droolable or not.

    Hi Cookiez,

    Did not know that you can bring in SLR coz I had an unpleasant experience last month... Well, as for the 50mm f2.0 it is definitely cheaper from the US even it means paying the postage. I think the cheapest in Singapore is around $800.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •