Thread: Boat Quay

Default Boat Quay

Comments & Critics please.

Default Re: Boat Quay

Quote Originally Posted by chilli padi
    Comments & Critics please.
    I would have aimed the camera a bit more towards the right. This would show a bit more of the shophouses, and reduce the empty space on the other side of the river. The boat in the foreground would also appear a bit closer to the corner, which looks better to me.

The skyscrapers would look more impressive if the verticals did not converge. With film, it used to be a hassle to correct this in the lab (or you couldn't correct at all in the case of slides); with digital it's so easy there's almost no excuse not to do it (unless one really prefers this perspective).

The fore/middleground is maybe a bit on the dark side.

Either your resize have altered the image quality or my monitor needed some adjustments. Either way, the picture looked a bit on the blur side, and almost soft at infinity. It doesn't give the kind of clarity that most scenic landscape picture yearns for. Of course, it's your right to express differently from the other landscape picture. But it just doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf
    I would have aimed the camera a bit more towards the right. This would show a bit more of the shophouses, and reduce the empty space on the other side of the river. The boat in the foreground would also appear a bit closer to the corner, which looks better to me.

The skyscrapers would look more impressive if the verticals did not converge. With film, it used to be a hassle to correct this in the lab (or you couldn't correct at all in the case of slides); with digital it's so easy there's almost no excuse not to do it (unless one really prefers this perspective).

The fore/middleground is maybe a bit on the dark side.
    Points noted! but I not very good at editing... how to edit so as not to make the buildings verticals looking like converging?
    Last edited by chilli padi; 30th October 2005 at 05:21 PM.

i think the resizing for web has introduced some artefacts in your picture. maybe you need to rework on that. i dont think your picture is blurred or oof
    regarding the composition itself, i think you tilted the camera a bit downards to include the boat in the composition. if you want to emphasize the buildings, you should have a little more space above the building tops. the WB looks a little bit off to me. it gives the impression of a cloudy day, but when i see the skies it gives the impression of a hot sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by chilli padi
    Points noted! but I not very good at editing... how to edit so as not to make the buildings verticals looking like converging?
    dude... i took the liberty to modify your picture (if it's ok with you) to make it look more vibrant. i've also corrected the buildings' vertical positions. i did it using PS's Perspective Crop.

Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

After editing and croping, comments?

Thx to mohgui for the help he has given me.
    cheers~!

Only thing left is to correct for the overexposed sky .... there's a nice cloud pattern behind the buildings ...