Thread: While I taking photos

Default While I taking photos

I was at sentosa and while doing time lapse, a lot of other will stand infront of my camera to take photos. Maybe due to the gears, they thought I am a pro and so, that point of view is nice. I choosed that point as is at one corner and due to my lens, I manage to get a good picture. But I feels that they should respect me since I also try to avoid them already. Sometime got to tell them off.

Another thing, they will walk blindly into my frame even my size so obvious to them. Either they are blind even with prefect eye sight or they just don't bother even they sees me. I tried to do a hdr and got to wait and wait. They cannot stop, just go in. But for me, even I saw them, I will stop or go behind them. Sometime that moment is gone, the effort just wasted.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Default Re: While I taking photos

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I was at sentosa and while doing time lapse, a lot of other will stand infront of my camera to take photos. Maybe due to the gears, they thought I am a pro and so, that point of view is nice. I choosed that point as is at one corner and due to my lens, I manage to get a good picture. But I feels that they should respect me since I also try to avoid them already. Sometime got to tell them off.

Another thing, they will walk blindly into my frame even my size so obvious to them. Either they are blind even with prefect eye sight or they just don't bother even they sees me. I tried to do a hdr and got to wait and wait. They cannot stop, just go in. But for me, even I saw them, I will stop or go behind them. Sometime that moment is gone, the effort just wasted.
    Use this sign:

Last edited by Sion; 3rd February 2016 at 08:59 PM.

That's Singapore. Anywhere you go, there'll be people walking across in front.
    Suggest you tie the red-and-white tape on either side

http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsens...m-x-500m/76107

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Use this sign:

I use this;

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Must put a sign of how much that I will charge per photo. All brings camera n no tripod. Then want group photo, always disturb me when doing time lapse. Down here OK, but at oversea, don't help, as my gears almost got stolen. Let them be, says you busy, as I told by a man who is pro in time lapse as I saw his work before.

Yes I totally and absolutely agree with you beside security guards and people get into my view I also find these very irritating:

1. The sun is too strong and weather too hot.
    2. People talking loudly beside me while I'm concentrating on shooting.
    3. Flies keep circulating around my head.
    4. Indons making haze to make nice outdoor photography almost impossible.
    5. Kids running around my tripods.
    6. Old folks walk so slowly out of my frame wasting my time.
    7. Tourists stop me while I'm shooting and ask me to take photos for them.
    8. Not enough drink and ice cream stalls around Singapore as I always get thirsty outdoors.
    9. Not enough public toilets near good shooting locations.
    12. etc. etc.
    Last edited by Sion; 3rd February 2016 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Yes I totally and absolutely agree with you beside security guards and people get into my view I also find these very irritating:

1. The sun is too strong and weather too hot.
    2. People talking loudly beside me while I'm concentrating on shooting.
    3. Flies keep circulating around my head.
    4. Indons making haze to make nice outdoor photography almost impossible.
    5. Kids running around my tripods.
    6. Old folks walk so slowly out of my frame wasting my time.
    7. Tourists stop me while I'm shooting and ask me to take photos for them.
    8. Not enough drink and ice cream stalls around Singapore as I always get thirsty outdoors.
    9. Not enough public toilets near good shooting locations.
    12. etc. etc.
    I drink a lot of water but also sweat a lot, so, toilet breaks no impact on me. Old folks there, take another part and then back. Kids run around your tripod, shout at them, they will run away, haha! Some time kids look at me, so tall and big size, run away first, haha! I mostly bring 2 bottles of mineral water with me, so, no issue on water. The rest, take it as one in, one out when other talk so loud. I don't mind sun, I mean rain only, haha!

It's no big deal. Wait till someone comes over and ask you to shift your setup because they wanted your spot to take a 5 secs selfie.....

There was once I was testing some panorama gear at the riverside next to Parliament House. Coincidentally my camera as pointed at some nondescript space behind Parliament House. As I was just waiting for people to pass by before I took the shot, I was not really looking through the viewfinder. This bunch of tourists came by, looked at where my camera was pointed at and then just blindly went ahead to shoot that spot too. LOL

try use a ladder, it make you above the rest.

K-01: S8FE, DA35 Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    It's no big deal. Wait till someone comes over and ask you to shift your setup because they wanted your spot to take a 5 secs selfie.....
    Wow that is the clincher.